Page 661 of 774 FirstFirst ... 161561611651657658659660661662663664665671711761 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 11598
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It seems kind of unlikely, doesn't it, that they'd keep Agatha around for future projects but not Wanda?

Again, I can't say definitively that the "insiders" are wrong (though I'm pretty sure they're all getting their information from the same source, whoever that may be). Just that their description doesn't sound like it makes any sense at all, either based on what happened in "WandaVision," or future MCU plans, or even the crew merchandise. So either they're wrong or they're giving us a garbled version of a story that actually does make sense for Wanda.

Usually MCU decisions, while not always right, are not totally insane. The one time they did something I found completely illogical was that they never brought Vision back in "Endgame" after clearly setting up that he was going to become White Vision... and then it happened, they just saved it for the show. I'm also worried but I also think Feige is smart enough to know that most people like Wanda and don't want her to be what these leakers seem to want her to be.
    My guess, or hot take is that there are two Wanda's, the truly evil Wanda is in fact Lore.

If they are going with the Wanda being a Nexus Being angle (and as they have confirmed that with Kang in Loki, the concept is established), then the "housewife Wanda" in the leaks is a fake, and could in fact be Lore. It's exactly the kind of twist I could see them doing, and if you are going into Multiverses and Nexus Beings, you have to show that concept. There has to be a twist that Strange figures out to show the audience how clever he is, and a compassion and moral conviction (Wanda is a good person) that shows he is, as Ancient One said, "the best of us."

Also, Wanda being tricked by the Darkhold and coming face to face with Lore would be her confronting her worst possoble self, leading to Strange getting through to her and breaking her free of the Darkhold. This fits with the "rediscovery" arc Shakman talked about. Lore is, after all, what Wanda fears she will become.

In WandaVision we get the Mind Stone and Darkhold showing opposing visions of Wanda, then at the end of WandaVision we get the two Wanda's duality again with the astral and corporeal Wanda's.

MCU Lore, let me speculate, is a Wanda who never met Vision or the Avengers. Lore is a Wanda who became bitter and broken, joined Hydra, who unlocked powers, but because she never met Vision and Clint, never found herself again.

The Darkhold, in saying Wanda will destroy the universe, is thus propagating a mischievous half-truth. It fits with the idea of Chthon trying to define Wanda through naming and sly half-truths.

Wanda going psycho-crazy and being mansplained by "white male" Strange, after they made a point of saying they wanted to avoid that sexist stuff, would be utterly bizarre, not to mention that Wanda returning to her Sokovian roots and turning evil, after becoming good whe being in America...that just has a ton of racist undertones.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Popularity and Disney +'s insatiatble need for content is probably all the reason they need.

They'll probably raid the material of other mystic Marvel characters and give it to Agatha, sort of like how Bucky and Sam's series used a lot of material from the Gruenwald Captain America run that they never got around to doing with Steve Rogers.
    Yeah, MCU Agatha kinda already got some of Modred's content with all the Darkhold stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Damn, I like her character but giving her shows they will try to make her an anti-hero.The did so w/ Loki.
    Really hope they keep the dark witch aspect of hers.She can be sympathetic w/out being anti-hero.
    I mean, they can always make her more like comic Aggie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    My guess, or hot take is that there are two Wanda's, the truly evil Wanda is in fact Lore.

If they are going with the Wanda being a Nexus Being angle (and as they have confirmed that with Kang in Loki, the concept is established), then the "housewife Wanda" in the leaks is a fake, and could in fact be Lore.
    I'd love to see Lore, but I kind of doubt it. I think the leak about the good "housewife Wanda" was from a Reddit post that the poster admitted was mostly made up. Then another Reddit user used that as the basis for his plot. Everyone copies off everybody else, and even the people who have inside information don't know what the story is (the story, whatever it may be, is about Strange, not Wanda), so it's possible that this all started with someone reading Wanda's old series and using Lore as a basis for their fanfic.

Anyway, to bring things back to the comics, I wish Lore had come back. It was clear in "Force Works" where Wanda was having headaches and starting to use her power more brutally (killing a villain by subjecting him to rapid aging) that Abnett and Lanning were setting up the return of Lore, either possessing Wanda or something else. But then the series was forced to become part of "The Crossing" and canceled as soon as "The Crossing" was over, so we never actually got to see it happen.

To me it just makes no sense to have her go from feeling bad about what she did to the westviewers to going to war with the whole multiverse. Like damn how did that happen

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, I love Scarlet Witching but she(I think it is mentioned that the blogger is a Romani woman or something, or is it run by a team?) is kinda easy to fall for fandom narrative.
    I think she is very good at analysing comics but on the MCU she is clearly just not interested and thus often makes some superficial assumptions (for example, she claimed MCU Wanda is based on Ultimates Wanda because MCU Fury was based on Ultimates Fury, and seemed to actually take the nonsensical theories that Mojo was behind the sitcoms in WandaVision seriously.) When she is asked about the MCU you can feel the total disinterest in her replies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    To me it just makes no sense to have her go from feeling bad about what she did to the westviewers to going to war with the whole multiverse. Like damn how did that happen
    "Remember that character development in WandaVision? Well, forget that."

Generally on merch, the protagonist and antagonist are not depicted closely together, they are emphasised as opposites. Yet Strange and Wanda are depicted together in their emblems, and Wanda is shown behind Strange, Wong, and Chavez, without the glowy evil red eye glare you might expect if she were Miss Baddy McNasty Person.
    Last edited by Relugus; 10-07-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Again, my anger will probably wear off after the movie release, but I want to troll those at MarvelStudiosSpoilers subreddit, they might as well call themselves MarvelStudiosFanfic at this point.

Good god almighty those people are OBSESSED with House Of M.

"Doctor strange 2 will lead into house of m".
    "the next avengers movie will be a house of m adaptation".
    "if she gets another show it'll be a house of m series".

can't they think of anything else lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post

That's what casual audiences know her from.That and Magneto's kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post

That or it's a Reverse HOM fetish

Extraordinary Member

Again a lot of people are outraged over Wanda existing for sake of herself.
    So yeah, some people will only see her value in being the plot device for others.

It's weird in the modern day for people to be so against a woman having her own narrative and autonomy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

People really need to let HoM story line go. Wanda is powerful, but she can use that power to advance her own set goals, not using them to achieve the goals of others. Making her be a pretty puppet it disgusting.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's weird in the modern day for people to be so against a woman having her own narrative and autonomy.
    Nothing to do w/ women, Jean who is very similar to wanda has her own similar story in Phoenix adapted twice now and in ways it was very much Jean focused and she wasn't pushed aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    People really need to let HoM story line go. Wanda is powerful, but she can use that power to advance her own set goals, not using them to achieve the goals of others. Making her be a pretty puppet it disgusting.
    That's the only story they know, Wanda's biggest impact on the MU has been HoM and nothing else comes close.That and people wanting mutants make her the perfect person to pin fan theories on.Not saying it's right but there's a reason and it's no her gender or people targetting her character.It's lack of knowledge of the character.