Page 29 of 108 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

from Batgirl Secret Files and Origins (2002)
    Also in that same issue,

Apparently Jim Zub was supposed to take over New 52 Birds of Prey from issue 18, but it ended up going to someone else.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jim-...s-first-issue/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You think we will get a new Birds of Prey?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Apparently Jim Zub was supposed to take over New 52 Birds of Prey from issue 18, but it ended up going to someone else.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jim-...s-first-issue/
    I didn't even know Zub was involved with DC at this point.

He wasn't - that would've been his DC debut. It's also before he ever worked for Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

i think she make for a good batgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Is this Flag-Smasher from F&TWS?

I thought she was okay, but I don't see her as Barbara Gordon at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

If, like seemingly every other British actor or actress of the past 20 years, she can do an American accent, I’d say she’d be an interesting possibility for a Babs in Matt Reeves’s Batman universe. Gordon’s black there, and she’s biracial, not a bad actress at all, and physically capable.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I've seen this casting in places. I think it's a good. She might make a better Batgirl than Flagsmasher.

She doesn't really look like Babs to me, but that's not a knock against her as an actress.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She doesn't really look like Babs to me, but that's not a knock against her as an actress.
    Admittedly, I’m thinking she fits the part on the basis of “Black Commissioner Gordon + desire to keep Babs a redhead” more than anything else. Her stature and physique don’t recall the Babs-Batgirl I immediately think of... but I do think she’d fit the slimmer, more teen-looking Burnside design.

It’s kind of weird; when I think of “Classic” Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, I always think of a taller, honestly kind of strongly built Batgirl who would make Dick feel genuinely short or simply average in height next to her. But when I think of Burnside Babs, I think of someone who’s Stephanie Browns height but below her weight class in terms fo physical strength.

I think the vaguely “hipster” look of Burnside Batgirl always made me think it was a skinnier and smaller design for her.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Admittedly, I’m thinking she fits the part on the basis of “Black Commissioner Gordon + desire to keep Babs a redhead” more than anything else. Her stature and physique don’t recall the Babs-Batgirl I immediately think of... but I do think she’d fit the slimmer, more teen-looking Burnside design.

It’s kind of weird; when I think of “Classic” Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, I always think of a taller, honestly kind of strongly built Batgirl who would make Dick feel genuinely short or simply average in height next to her. But when I think of Burnside Babs, I think of someone who’s Stephanie Browns height but below her weight class in terms fo physical strength.

I think the vaguely “hipster” look of Burnside Batgirl always made me think it was a skinnier and smaller design for her.
    I'm kind of wondering how the hair would work for the cowl, although I guess she could straighten her hair.

Incredible Member

Part of her costume would have to be makeup to cover up the freckles if we take having a secret identity seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    . . . It’s kind of weird; when I think of “Classic” Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, I always think of a taller, honestly kind of strongly built Batgirl who would make Dick feel genuinely short or simply average in height next to her. . .
    The truly "classic" Batgirl was a bit older than Dick, since she was an adult librarian (which would involve a Masters degree from college) while Dick was still a high school student.

She's 5'6'', not quite the statuesque 5'11'' build but I think it's good enough for Bargirl. I think the prevailing image of Barbara Gordon is still defined by her DCAU counterpart designed by Bruce Timm which every subsequent adaptation has been influenced by. I know the prevailing image of Babs Batgirl is of a red haired, short, petite woman with wide hips and blue eyes. Though I like the tall Pre-Crisis Batgirl too but I don't think anyone outside of fans who grew up with that version or do deep dives into the character's histories remembers that version of the character.