Page 375 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475875 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    They definitely don't have enough black writers. But the problem is not just any black writer will do. There are plenty of black comic book writers out there to choose from instead they're opting for celebrities and political statements.
    And the other problem is black people tend to judge black art really harshly lately. Not even just comics, but music and film. People arent allowed to grow and get better. And its tough to get people to change their minds unless they do something drastically different. Its hard out here.

Some really smart people have put in work for years. So yea they took a shot at comics, but that was a gateway to really getting their name out there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I like Ridley's work, for the most part.

I am optimistic the franchise is in good hands.

Guess my version is going to have to get the INVINCIBLE treatment.

hmmm.
    Pitchin' your own animated? Got Amazon or Netflix on speed dial?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Pitchin' your own animated? Got Amazon or Netflix on speed dial?
    LOL.

I meant the comic book.

WOW.

and thanks for the compliments on GL folks. It's going to be a crazy year in the Lantern-verse.
    Last edited by Redjack; 05-07-2021 at 04:50 PM.

I like Ridley's work, for the most part.

I am optimistic the franchise is in good hands.

Guess my version is going to have to get the INVINCIBLE treatment.

hmmm.
    Ssve it for a future panther animated project once Feigie goes away

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Your Green Lantern is awesome
    Indeed. What could have been

Mighty Member

LOL.

I meant the comic book.

WOW.

and thanks for the compliments on GL folks. It's going to be a crazy in the Lantern-verse.
    You're in that 6 degrees of separation arena and have the chops. And you've been coy before. Just wishing well for you. (By that I mean us.)
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    And the other problem is black people tend to judge black art really harshly lately. Not even just comics, but music and film. People arent allowed to grow and get better. And its tough to get people to change their minds unless they do something drastically different. Its hard out here.

Some really smart people have put in work for years. So yea they took a shot at comics, but that was a gateway to really getting their name out there.
    Art cant be art without critique. Black ppl have ALWAYS judged art harshly where due. Ask your grandma ( or an elderly person) who can and cant sing. Or an old head who can or cant rap.
    Its not a personal attack its iron sharpening iron. We as a ppl really dont do participation awards. It should be judged critically so we get the best out of ourselves. As harshly as we tend to judge we also heap praise when we feel its deserved.

I dont cheer for any artist to fail. I prefer Coats have been great as a comic writer but I dont feel his skills translated to this medium well and especially not this particular I.P. and i dont feel he had any respect for the artists who built this world before him. Comics require some level of humility about your ideas vs whats already been established by previous artists. He seemed to come in with a wrecking ball rather than a crane

I am eager to see what the new writer brings to the table and am optomistic about it. If i like it best believe ill be vocal about it and make it rain on the product. If not, Im gonna turn into my granda and tell everybody that listens why this young heffa cant sang like Aretha used to
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-07-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    You're in that 6 degrees of separation arena and have the chops. And you've been coy before. Just wishing well for you. (By that I mean us.)
    1000% I'ma keep rooting for RJ until Marvel shapes up and gives him the gig

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Art cant be art without critic. Black ppl have ALWAYS judged art harshly where due. Ask your grandma ( or an elderly person) who can and cant sing. Or an old head who can or cant rap.
    Its not a personal attack its iron sharpening iron. We as a ppl really dont do participation awards. It should be judged critically so we get the best out of ourselves. As harshly as we tend to judge we also heap praise when we feel its deserved.

I dont cheer for any artist to fail. I prefer Coats have been great as a comic writer but I dont feel his skills translated to this medium well and especially not this particular I.P. and i dont feel he had any respect for the artists who built this world before him. Comics require some level of humility about your ideas vs whats already been established by previous artists. He seemed to come in with a wrecking ball rather than a crane

I am eager to see what the new writer brings to the table and am optomistic about it. If i like it best believe ill be vocal about it and make it rain on the product. If not, Im gonna turn into my granda and tell everybody that listens why this young heffa cant sang like Aretha used to
    That last bit isnt wrong, but is it right? It seem like we the only ones (nah thats not true. Others do it as well)

Must everything be the best thing and the other the worst? I love my elders. They'd say the same thing. However, must they sound like Aretha?

Ultimate Member

That last bit isnt wrong, but is it right? It seem like we the only ones (nah thats not true. Others do it as well)

Must everything be the best thing and the other the worst? I love my elders. They'd say the same thing. However, must they sound like Aretha?
    That's true. It isn't always either/or.

I didnt think hudlins run was the best. He took major liberties, ran roughshot over some of the lore even creating siblings out of thin air.

But i also didnt think it was the worst. He elevated Tchalla on the world stage, built his character in a more a humane way while maintaining his regality and respected Tchallas capabilities and power

Coats was the just.....the worst. With respect to his talent in other forms of writing.
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-07-2021 at 11:16 PM.

You don't gotta be the best, but you gotta respect the character, respect the mythos, and have an actual plan to elevate the character to the next level, leaving him better then when you started. Priest redefined the character from the ground up, made him back into the shrewd Uber prep master that he was introduced as from the jump when the FF were beaten by him.

Hudlin redefined Wakanda and leveled it up to match T'Challas capability. He also showed T'Challa as unapologetically black, and one who took isht from no one. Priest Panther was a Badass that everyone constantly underestimated and got burned for it. Hudlins Panther was a Badass that would make it crystal clear upfront that he was.

Both of them made the character better than when he started. Coates has yet to do that. And I have very little confidence that he will in the final issue. She. You saywin interviews you don't like how T'Challa is always shown as "awesome awesome awesome" then proceed for the next 5 years to NEVER show that, expectations are low...

TZiMxyJ.jpg

Imagine this skrull showin up to the battlefield and Jeff "The Black Panther" showed up instead of Tchalla lol train your entire skrull life and a walmart brand panther is all you get.

Prolly hop right back on the ship and go home
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-07-2021 at 11:08 PM.

I look forward to people's reaction to that video. I mean wow, lol