Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    With the upcoming nuptials, who want to bet Brian Cronin won't do a "Times Doctor Doom Almost Got Married" article, mentioning Wanda and that Symkarian girl with a magical heritage?
    I've been trying to think who that Symkarian girl is but I can't recall that. I do recall the time he was engaged to Shalla Bal but in a double reverse, she was first revealed to be just a Latverian woman who looked like her. Then Mephisto showed up at the end to reveal to the reader that it was Shalla Bal and that she was mind wiped to think she was a Latverian woman who was brainwashed into thinking she was an imposter.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    CBR has the previews for Guardians of the Galaxy #14. I love this....Al Ewing has Doom using the Ovid Mind Transfer trick on Hulking. I don't think we've seen this since Waid's Fantastic Four.
    The way Teddy in Doom's body holds up his hands is identical to how Johnny did it in that Spidey/FF#1 mini when Namor showed up at the UN meeting and the heads of state were all ushered into the panic room,
    I've been trying to think who that Symkarian girl is but I can't recall that. I do recall the time he was engaged to Shalla Bal but in a double reverse, she was first revealed to be just a Latverian woman who looked like her. Then Mephisto showed up at the end to reveal to the reader that it was Shalla Bal and that she was mind wiped to think she was a Latverian woman who was brainwashed into thinking she was an imposter.
    That's a deep cut, going way back to the Silver Age. I wonder if he'll throw in Reed in Doom's armor marrying Sue, because for all appearances it was Doom who married Sue.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

UGH! Stories involving mind transference always makes me queasy.
    But I'll admit, Daredevil #37 & #38 were a rather enjoyable reading experience (IMHO):

The way Teddy in Doom's body holds up his hands is identical to how Johnny did it in that Spidey/FF#1 mini when Namor showed up at the UN meeting and the heads of state were all ushered into the panic room,

That's a deep cut, going way back to the Silver Age. I wonder if he'll throw in Reed in Doom's armor marrying Sue, because for all appearances it was Doom who married Sue.
    I would imagine when Doom found out he would use his power in Latveria to annul that marriage. Thanks for reminding me about the other story where Doom used the Ovid mind transfer. I forgot about that one. I remember Johnny was freaked out being in Doom's body because he had body hair! I guess Johnny was still an adolescent back in that story since it did take place in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    UGH! Stories involving mind transference always makes me queasy.
    But I'll admit, Daredevil #37 & #38 were a rather enjoyable reading experience (IMHO):

I know a lot of people put down the storytelling style of the Silver Age but IMO a lot of Stan Lee's scripts work pretty well today.

I know a lot of people put down the storytelling style of the Silver Age but IMO a lot of Stan Lee's scripts work pretty well today.
    I meant no offense, Iron Maiden. I adore that type of writing (especially Stan Lee):

However, switching minds is a trope that I could never fully embrace.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-10-2021 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I remember Johnny was freaked out being in Doom's body because he had body hair!
    Which is funny because the few shirtless Doom scenes I've seen (Secret Wars and the infamous naked lion wrestling) he isn't hirsute.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

And don't forget...

Super-Villain Team-Up #7

Which is funny because the few shirtless Doom scenes I've seen (Secret Wars and the infamous naked lion wrestling) he isn't hirsute.
    Not many men were drawn that way in the comics...maybe Sgt. Fury?

But then I remembered in Infamous Iron Man there was a scene in issue #3 with Amara and a shirtless Doom. And the definitely has a hairy chest here. Then a few issues later it's bare again. Maybe most of the time he gets it waxed .

I guess we'll have to keep an eye on what happens at the Hellfire Gala being tossed by the Hellfire Trading Company. There's 13 different titles tied in to this so I hope he will only be in S.W.O.R.D since that is the only comic I've seen him mentioned in the advance solicitations.

I am way behind on the X-Men but I do see from previews that Sebastian Shaw is still around but he's in a wheelchair. Here is an "interview" with Emma Frost by Ben Urich, the best known reporter in the Marvel Universe . It's from the free handout last week The Hellfire Gala Official Guide.

Emma seems a bit more tolerant of Doom these days. I wonder if Namor has been invited to this....he and Emma were pretty close a while back.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-10-2021 at 02:53 PM.

I am loving doom in Guardians. lol. This last issue was great, i'm all in now. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I am loving doom in Guardians. lol. This last issue was great, i'm all in now. lol
    God, yes...

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

FIVE ... Five covers, four variants to Fantastic Four 32. All of them feature Doom. So, yeah, I got them all ... $$$ <weeping>

But check it out - notice a difference? The first one is the one promoted, the second is the scan.
    Fantastic Four 2021 032 Skottie Young variant 2.jpg

Skottie Young:
    Fantastic Four 2021 032 Skottie Young variant.jpg

This one is my favorite, although the Kirby one is the one most valuable, apparently
    Fantastic Four 2021 032 variant cover wrap.jpg

Wrap around cover by Valerio Schiti & Marte Gracia
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 05-12-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

I should have gotten the Kirby one but picked the Ron Lim one. I wonder if I go back to the LCS if they will have the Kirby one still there. I'm not seeing a difference in the Skottie Young covers except the color pink being darker. Is there something I'm missing?