View Poll Results: Would you like the X-men to join the MCU?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 58.65%
  • No

55 41.35%
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Cheap and uninspired? Yeah, that sounds like Fox.
    Deadpool and Logan were cheap. It's why they got made in the first place.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

As far as X-men movies go i am going to say yes. Logan was great, it was alot of things i loved about that movie, Deadpool was FUN to watch. Those 2 imo are exceptions to the rule. The X-men movies from Fox have been directionless. One thing Marvel would have done right is make a X-men movie where the X-men are the focus of the movie the Prof X Mags Mystique thing is cool but give it a break already.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    At a guess, somebody pitched them the idea, and they liked it on the basis that it is cheaper, and because their cheaper and edgier movies seem to be hella more popular with the audience.
    Not just with the audience, critics love them too, including ones at international festivals like in the case of Logan and Berlinale.

BANNED

Thought I read something too, where Fox is doing an Oscar push with Logan also, or planning on it.

Deadpool and Logan were cheap. It's why they got made in the first place.
    Cheap, but passion projects. Not uninspired in the least bit.

Marvel films are entertaining but very formulaic - there won't be any new ground broken. That said, they certainly know how to handle an ensemble cast better than Fox.

But you also won't get the plus side of taking risks - Deadpool could never have been made by Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Cheap, but passion projects. Not uninspired in the least bit.
    Not enough data available to gauge the inspiration levels of New Mutants until after it premieres.

Not enough data available to gauge the inspiration levels of New Mutants until after it premieres.
    Right. But "cheap" has some unworthy negative connotations.

BANNED

Over the last few years, when it comes to the MCU, DCU, XMU, and SMU, I've found somethin' to enjoy in each. And recently, more so with the XMU & DCU. But as with anything, I also see things they could individually & collectively... improve upon, which I in turn always hope they will do, with their future installments.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-15-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Over the last few years, when it comes to the MCU, DCU, XMU, and SMU, I've found somethin' to enjoy in each. And recently, more so with the XMU & DCU. But as with anything, I also see things they could individually & collectively... improve upon, which I in turn always hope will they do, with their future installments.
    That’s more or less my opinion too. There’s good, bad and in between in every universe and there’s room for improvement everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    YES lol. I don't know what comics ya'll were reading if you didn't find anything horror related about NM. Everything in this teaser hints at each of the featured New Mutant's tragic backstories from the comics. They can come to the X-Mansion and wear the yellow spandex later. Those aspects were just their superficial identities, not what made them work.

Also, chances of Marvel making an NM movie in the first place over all of their Avengers/Guardians stuff is teeny to nil.
    There was a black guy in the New Mutants comics I read.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Now that Hollywood sexual misconduct is back in the news, I am glad someone brought this back up.

Interesting to note that Fox chose to frame the New Mutants as a horror film, and put them in an institution. Why did they feel the need to torture and abuse the children in this manner, which is in no way consistent with the source material?
    yeah I don't understand why the did it that way either, but there's sooooo much about this movie I don't get . The number one thing I'm not getting tho....is in line
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Right. But "cheap" has some unworthy negative connotations.
    People seemed to like Deadpool and Logan well enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Marvel films are entertaining but very formulaic - there won't be any new ground broken. That said, they certainly know how to handle an ensemble cast better than Fox.

But you also won't get the plus side of taking risks - Deadpool could never have been made by Marvel.
    How the Deadpool even a risk? I mean I love the film but come on he's one of the most popular characters Fox has and they only moved forward when that leaked footage turned out to be well received and guaranteed they'd make money on it, and at the same time saying Marvel doesn't take risks is incredibly inaccurate since the entire MCU is a risk no one else would attempt until they proved it could be done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    That’s more or less my opinion too. There’s good, bad and in between in every universe and there’s room for improvement everywhere.
    Yep, nobody's got the market cornered, IMO. There's enough accolades & condemnation to go around, no doubt. If I had to pick 2 from each, tho:

Winter Soldier & Civil War
    Wonder Woman & Batman Begins
    X2 & First Class
    SM2 & pending; have to see Homecoming yet

TV series: Gifted & Jessica Jones

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    How the Deadpool even a risk? I mean I love the film but come on he's one of the most popular characters Fox has and they only moved forward when that leaked footage turned out to be well received and guaranteed they'd make money on it, and at the same time saying Marvel doesn't take risks is incredibly inaccurate since the entire MCU is a risk no one else would attempt until they proved it could be done.
    Wrong argument. Comic book popularity is not really relevant.

Deadpool was not a risk because it cost less than 60 mill to make.