Page 230 of 294 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The island is....quiet.

Peaceful.

The only thing of note was a farmhouse next to a wheat field and small garden, a few horses and cows in a pen nearby.

And Grinthorn.

The President stands in the field, working a hoe. His sleeves rolled up, his face set in a determined face as he hums a small tune to himself.
    "... My, my. How delightfully interesting." Inanna muttered.

It came as some surprise, in looking around, that there was nothing at all that could've been considered a threat. Peace seemed to reign on the islet and when the Old Wyrm was finally happened upon he was hard at work tending a garden in the guise of a man.

"Well hello there," Inanna called out after a moment before approaching slowly. "I daresay this wasn't at all what I expected from the First Dragon; yet I can't help but find it fitting. Tending your field and flock as you would the inhabitants of Earth~."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    What do we do? she asked Inanna silently.
    Though it seemed this all had managed to unsettle Sarada, who seemed to be unwilling to proceed without asking what to do ... at least momentarily; before her own curiosity compelled her forward toward the 'sleeping' dragon.

Tread carefully. Inanna said somewhat amused, though realizing an opportunity for what it was she added. It would be a waste to underutilize your sister's body ... Why not see if you can't pick up on Eldfen's magical presence ? To help her along a tip was offered.

Treat it the same as you would your Ki sensing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Eldfen straightens up and turns.

That too wide smile and too long arms aren’t present. Instead a more normal human looks back, eyes faintly glowing.

“.........how interesting. Neither of you is...you.”

He straightens and pops his back.

“I suppose I should have realized you could sense this place. Followed my other self’s connection didn’t you?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

That too wide smile and too long arms aren’t present. Instead a more normal human looks back, eyes faintly glowing.

“I suppose I should have realized you could sense this place. Followed my other self’s connection didn’t you?”
    "Who I was, wasn't who I should've been." Inanna said with a shrug. "But yea, learned of this place rather quickly ... circumstances just got the better of me before I could follow up."

As for how she followed ?

'A taste of magic almost older than time ... made it impossible not to follow. Not to mention the nosebleed. Can't a simple farm was what I expected though. Ah well, life's full of surprises."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Sasheem, Balon, And Zaofan eventually land on an uninhabited island far into the middle of the ocean.

Samson breathes in deeply, eyes scanning the beach.

“I haven’t been here in decades. The smell, the feel......something is here. Spread out, let’s see what we can find. Hopefully Ochazuke will join us soon.”
    "So we split up? Cool," Sasheem inquired. "Sasheem can cover more ground without and old man and an oaf slowing him down, anyway..." he cackled...before bowing slightly. "With uh..all due respect."

With that Sasheem masked his ki with the Spider's Blessing and promptly dashed through the ground, taking off.

“Only one other place. Where Durga is, actually. A small portion of my people went with him, including his wife.”
    "A wife ? How lovely." Inanna said, after a moment.

Though knowing that this was all that was left of the First Race, and with Auroc being the ... leech he seemed to be; there were several ways to proceed from here but only one that seemed safest.

"I suppose I won't trouble you with notions of returning to the Universe proper ... and I wouldn't interfere with Durga and his happiness," Kami knows how long she'd chased after her own. "I'd simply ask for any information you could offer that might prove helpful in dealing with Auroc, the extant First Race facilities -- and monstrosities -- and perhaps any information on where Banespell is hiding ... rather powerful his Death Magic."

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "... My, my. How delightfully interesting." Inanna muttered.

It came as some surprise, in looking around, that there was nothing at all that could've been considered a threat. Peace seemed to reign on the islet and when the Old Wyrm was finally happened upon he was hard at work tending a garden in the guise of a man.

"Well hello there," Inanna called out after a moment before approaching slowly. "I daresay this wasn't at all what I expected from the First Dragon; yet I can't help but find it fitting. Tending your field and flock as you would the inhabitants of Earth~."

Though it seemed this all had managed to unsettle Sarada, who seemed to be unwilling to proceed without asking what to do ... at least momentarily; before her own curiosity compelled her forward toward the 'sleeping' dragon.

Tread carefully. Inanna said somewhat amused, though realizing an opportunity for what it was she added. It would be a waste to underutilize your sister's body ... Why not see if you can't pick up on Eldfen's magical presence ? To help her along a tip was offered.

Treat it the same as you would your Ki sensing.

"Who I was, wasn't who I should've been." Inanna said with a shrug. "But yea, learned of this place rather quickly ... circumstances just got the better of me before I could follow up."

'A taste of magic almost older than time ... made it impossible not to follow. Not to mention the nosebleed. Can't a simple farm was what I expected though. Ah well, life's full of surprises."
    Sarada listened quietly as Grinthorn or Eldfen -- or whatever the **** name he decided to go by today -- and Inanna began to converse. When a lull appeared, she spoke up. "I'm not in my usual body, no. But this one is far more equipped to deal with whatever magical fuckery you have in store, so try me and see what happens."

She folded her arms and looked around. "Farm, huh? I guess Kami scared your ass good, didn't she? Must have been a bitch when your little pawns decided they didn't want to play your game anymore, wasn't it? So, is this your grand scheme? Playing real-life Farmville?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He nods.

“Apologies. Myself can be.....bold sometimes. How shall I address you now then, if you are no longer Ishtar?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada listened quietly as Grinthorn or Eldfen -- or whatever the **** name he decided to go by today -- and Inanna began to converse. When a lull appeared, she spoke up. "I'm not in my usual body, no. But this one is far more equipped to deal with whatever magical fuckery you have in store, so try me and see what happens."

She folded her arms and looked around. "Farm, huh? I guess Kami scared your ass good, didn't she? Must have been a bitch when your little pawns decided they didn't want to play your game anymore, wasn't it? So, is this your grand scheme? Playing real-life Farmville?"
    He looks at her.

“Actually I’ve had this place for years. It’s nice, quiet, and lets me think. Though from what I’ve been told you don’t know what that last one is, your majesty.”

He smirks.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

He looks at her.

“Actually I’ve had this place for years. It’s nice, quiet, and lets me think. Though from what I’ve been told you don’t know what that last one is, your majesty.”

He smirks.
    Sarada felt her teeth grind. He wasn't the first person to call her stupid, but it still managed to get under her skin every time. "I don't have time for your jokes. Is this where the mighty First Dragon has decided to hide his greater half after getting flexed on? It must suck, having to abandon all your plans and schemes all of a sudden, doesn't it?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He nods.

“Apologies. Myself can be.....bold sometimes. How shall I address you now then, if you are no longer Ishtar?”
    "Inanna works just as well," she responded with a shrug.

"As for why you flexed your muscles, I can say I'd at least like to know the reason for my nosebleed ... Though it sounds as if the 'split-personalities' aren't isolated to our little group, hmm ?" Troublesome really, if there were actually two. Would make it that much harder to nip the problem in the bud.

"Which one is the real Eldfen, I wonder."

Arx Inosaan

It isn’t Sarada’s comments, but the use of his real name that wipes the smirk off his face.

“Now where did you hear that name?”

He cocks his head to the side.

“We’re both real. We merely are...different aspects of a whole.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

It isn’t Sarada’s comments, but the use of his real name that wipes the smirk off his face.

“Now where did you hear that name?”

He cocks his head to the side.

“We’re both real. We merely are...different aspects of a whole.”
    "I know that well, the halves of a whole." Inanna said with a chuckle. "Ahura Mazda. Angra Mainyu ... two sisters, one soul; twisted 'round til their true selves were inverted~." She paused, and though her expression shifted to something less playful, the playfulness in her voice remained.

"Are you the Usurper then ? ... Or merely waiting for your rightful rule ?" Though the riddles and queries were only part of the dance, as it seemed the use of its true name struck a chord.

Delightful~

"I've been doing a bit of digging on things that have piqued my interest. You're near the top." Inanna said with a smile. "Old places ... forgotten places. It's a wonder what you find. Though there's one thing I've yet to understand ... Eldfen, the Old Wyrm. Your magic." Inanna said, eye twinkling.

"Not from this Universe, Magic. Far too creative for the Gods ... to chaotic. Which compels me to wonder where you picked it up; if you were truly one of the first creations."

Arx Inosaan

Default Cyanna - Month 3 - Visit to Dino Temple

OOC: This takes place after her trip to Quercia and before she goes traveling alone.

IC: Returning to Earth, Cyanna finds herself on the Lokout talking to Eva. In the course of that conversation, she is reminded of the location fo the Dino Temple, the place where Charco's family resides.

Taking her leave, she lifts up into the air and is soon heading in that direction. As soon as she can see signs of it from the air, she lands nearby and continues on foot. As she walks, she feels something both familiar and strange about this location. It was an odd, almost uneasy feeling that nearly made her turn back.

Instead, she moved slightly quicker. Not at a panic pace, but more of a determined stride.

Finally reaching the location, she slows down then stops as she looks around.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: This takes place after her trip to Quercia and before she goes traveling alone.

IC: Returning to Earth, Cyanna finds herself on the Lokout talking to Eva. In the course of that conversation, she is reminded of the location fo the Dino Temple, the place where Charco's family resides.

Taking her leave, she lifts up into the air and is soon heading in that direction. As soon as she can see signs of it from the air, she lands nearby and continues on foot. As she walks, she feels something both familiar and strange about this location. It was an odd, almost uneasy feeling that nearly made her turn back.

Instead, she moved slightly quicker. Not at a panic pace, but more of a determined stride.

Finally reaching the location, she slows down then stops as she looks around.
    Cyanna's search for the former Dino School temple would be easier said than done. Eva gave her the directions, but one would still find difficulty in seeking out a needle in a haystack even if pointed to the right haystack. The jungles bordering Brick City were notorious to the locals for all manner of dangers, nonetheless of the occupants who resided in there. Her senes would guide her along and eventually, would she begin finding signs of the temple, the most striking being that of the torii gate, neglected for generations and reclaimed by nature.

Upon passing beneath the arch, she could feel several power-levels, one roughly of the average level of a human while two others were much higher, and a final one was fluctuating worryingly. A well-worn path showed her the way, not to the temple, but a small hut that resided in the shadow of the decaying structure.

Several voices would be heard within the hut and yet, Cyanna's approach would not go unnoticed as an older woman with an eye patch stepped out and addressed her, "How curious it is that my home has grown so popular. So, who are you?" Whether or not she meant it, Ogatan Zippa's tone lacked the warmth of someone greeting a guest, instead having one reserved for when shooing off a door-to-door salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Cyanna's search for the former Dino School temple would be easier said than done. Eva gave her the directions, but one would still find difficulty in seeking out a needle in a haystack even if pointed to the right haystack. The jungles bordering Brick City were notorious to the locals for all manner of dangers, nonetheless of the occupants who resided in there. Her senes would guide her along and eventually, would she begin finding signs of the temple, the most striking being that of the torii gate, neglected for generations and reclaimed by nature.

Upon passing beneath the arch, she could feel several power-levels, one roughly of the average level of a human while two others were much higher, and a final one was fluctuating worryingly. A well-worn path showed her the way, not to the temple, but a small hut that resided in the shadow of the decaying structure.

Several voices would be heard within the hut and yet, Cyanna's approach would not go unnoticed as an older woman with an eye patch stepped out and addressed her, "How curious it is that my home has grown so popular. So, who are you?" Whether or not she meant it, Ogatan Zippa's tone lacked the warmth of someone greeting a guest, instead having one reserved for when shooing off a door-to-door salesmen.
    "Who am I?" the words echoed in her mind as she considered what to say. With a slight, brief bow of respect, she replied, "I am Cyanna, a friend of Charco.' Her tone was serious, yet sad, "I have news about him, it's not good news I'm afraid."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.