Page 465 of 744 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Is Jason Aaron really held in high regard here?
    Have you read "God Butcher" or "See Wakanda and Die"? Thats comic of the year material.

Is Jason Aaron really held in high regard here?
    It is love or hate in here lol

Love: SWaD, some people really like what he i doing with current avengers and agents of Wakanda

Hate: AvX divorce fight, "not him" in WatXM, then the storm fans in here who hate wolverine don't like him because of that ship

So, it depends on the day.

SWaD is my favorite story ever so he gets a pass from me for a long time with that.

And I love God Butcher arc and generally like his whole thor run. I like Wolverine and love his wolverine run. His ghost rider was legit. I tend not to like his more zany comics though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Have you read "God Butcher" or "See Wakanda and Die"? Thats comic of the year material.
    See Wakanda and Die I have read. I guess I just can't get the stench of his T'Challa in the X-books out of my mouth. Different strokes tho.

See Wakanda and Die I have read. I guess I just can't get the stench of his T'Challa in the X-books out of my mouth. Different strokes tho.
    I look at it like this in regards to that.

Aaron's X run will be forgotten. It was in that weird post AvX state that with Bendis that ran from then until Hickman took over where nothing of consequence seem to happen unless wolverine was dying and then coming back lol.

The only people who ever talk about tchalla's 2 page appearace are in this very thread and sometimes the Storm thread.

AvX was editorial mandated.

SWaD is iconic.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Aaron's X run will be forgotten. It was in that weird post AvX state that with Bendis that ran from then until Hickman took over where nothing of consequence seem to happen unless wolverine was dying and then coming back lol.

The only people who ever talk about tchalla's 2 page appearace are in this very thread and sometimes the Storm thread.

SWaD is iconic.
    Hickman called those years "the lost decade" house of X. Lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

SWaD is iconic.
    Ok. Aaron's run may be forgotten as you say, but T'Challa's overall presence in the X-books won't be. I also disagree with the idea that the editorial mandate has any bearing on the two pages of in question of Jason Aaron's run. He wasn't forced to include him in those two pages, he chose to. The message was quite clear.

Ok. Aaron's run may be forgotten as you say, but T'Challa's overall presence in the X-books won't be. I also disagree with the idea that the editorial mandate has any bearing on the two pages of in question of Jason Aaron's run. He wasn't forced to include him in those two pages, he chose to. The message was quite clear.
    It only wont be forgotten as an argument for why Storm and Tchalla should not be together unless she is untethered from the X franchise. Aaron has way more positives for Tchalla from SWaD and Current Avengers.

editorial mandate was the storm/BP fight/divorce. I wasn't walking about watxm

"tchalla's overall presence in the X books" is literally 2 pages only if we are talking about under Aaron. Really degrading, shitty and pointless two pages but two pages none the less.

anyway, me personally, the great out weighs the terrible. Even the "good" outweighs the bad for me.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-20-2019 at 07:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It only wont be forgotten as an argument for why Storm and Tchalla should not be together unless she is untethered from the X franchise. Aaron has way more positives for Tchalla from SWaD and Current Avengers.
    Lol what? Whether or not they should be together is irrelevant. They're together. Those that don't like it will stew in it. That's all beside the point. Jason Aaron used two pages of his X-men series to (in a world sorely lacking black male representation) to demean and demoralize the most prominent black male to appear in the X-books for the better part of a decade. His T'Challa reduces the essence of their relationship to nothing but their sexual thrills. In a book dominated by white mutant identity politics he uses this black couple only to portray them as nothing more than their base desires. That message will be forgotten all right.

Lol what? Whether or not they should be together is irrelevant. They're together. Those that don't like it will stew in it. That's all beside the point. Jason Aaron used two pages of his X-men series to (in a world sorely lacking black male representation) to demean and demoralize the most prominent black male to appear in the X-books for the better part of a decade. His T'Challa reduces the essence of their relationship to nothing but their sexual thrills. In a book dominated by white mutant identity politics he uses this black couple only to portray them as nothing more than their base desires. That message will be forgotten all right.
    I think maybe you should have narrowed the scope of your question to "Is Jason Aaeon held in high regard for his Xmen affiliated work?" I thought you were asking about Jason Aaron in general.

I'll take a Jason Aaron Panther solo right now over what we currently have.

No hesitation.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Imagine if Aaron or Hickman were the ones writing this space story instead of Coates.

Could have reached GOAT status.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Imagine if Aaron or Hickman were the ones writing this space story instead of Coates.

Could have reached GOAT status.
    If it were, I'd have tears of joy.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What I find irksome is...Spiderman, F4, Avengers etc all get top-tier writers every time there's a relaunch.
    The last time Black Panther got a writer of note for an extensive run was Hudlin.
    Is it that those writers are just not interested in the BP franchise?
    I don't think it will be difficult for Aaron to write both the Avengers and a BP solo book seeing as how he's already writing T'Challa as an Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What I find irksome is...Spiderman, F4, Avengers etc all get top-tier writers every time there's a relaunch.
    The last time Black Panther got a writer of note for an extensive run was Hudlin.
    Is it that those writers are just not interested in the BP franchise?
    I don't think it will be difficult for Aaron to write both the Avengers and a BP solo book seeing as how he's already writing T'Challa as an Avenger.
    I believe Mark Millar said he expressed interest in writing BP however he was shot down because Marvel wanted to go with a black writer for him, which is fine and all but the. It begs the question, why did Marvel pass up a veteran (Redjack) in favor of a neophyte Coates and Allow hi I'm to go unchecked without any consultant, or supervision to make sure he wasn't writing isht like they are doing with his Cap run