Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1452

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I got the shipping email today so yay!
    Nice! Let's hope the package arrives undamaged

A friend of mine ordered from Blackwells. The shipped it with the wrong information. He got a tax and fee from the postal service for €57. That is almost the same as the book was (with shipping included). So, I think a lot of problems are going to happen if the information for the shipping isn't correct. I think I'll stop ordering from the UK for a while. Four books on the way. 2 of them got shipped in December, all 4 are ordered before the Brexit. But two need to be shipped....... so, fingers crossed.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I haven't been in this thread in some time this has likely been covered, apologies.

I have a UPS tracking number that for 5 days has kept saying "out for delivery". UPS has some shared agreement with USPS so frequently I get a Pink package pickup slip in my mailbox & the tracking number updates to indicate a Slip was left.

I'm worried that the package is at the post office but I have no slip to know for certain and they will send it back to IST.

I know packages have sat in transit at other centers, seen those post, but anyone seen it stuck for days at "Out for Delivery"? If you have what end up happening?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Why does shipping from the US to UK cost SO MUCH more than from the UK to US?

I bought a book from amazon-uk, and of course they packaged it like crap, so it was smashed to hell.

They had me ship it back, and while their shipping charge to me was around 14 GBP ($20, american), shipping it back is costing me $75! And that's the cheapest service I could get! Amazon's gonna refund it, but I have to jump through so many hoops. Such a pain that could've been avoided had they just packaged the book better.

And for the replacement, they assured me they'd pack it better, but they didn't! It was packaged exactly the same, but I just got lucky that it didn't get too damaged. It actually did get roughed up a bit, so it's not exactly "mint", but not so bad to go through the whole exchange process again.

I'm waiting for a £232 order from Forbidden Planet. They e-mailed me that they shipped it on December 28th, but I was not given a tracking number. I e-mailed them today to ask for a such, as I really, really don't hope they shipped an order of that size without one... my national post office says that they no longer have a backlog from Brexit/COVID, so there should be no good reason for it to be so delayed. I fear the worst...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I haven't been in this thread in some time this has likely been covered, apologies.

I have a UPS tracking number that for 5 days has kept saying "out for delivery". UPS has some shared agreement with USPS so frequently I get a Pink package pickup slip in my mailbox & the tracking number updates to indicate a Slip was left.

I'm worried that the package is at the post office but I have no slip to know for certain and they will send it back to IST.

I know packages have sat in transit at other centers, seen those post, but anyone seen it stuck for days at "Out for Delivery"? If you have what end up happening?
    When I see that message I usually get it same or next day. Since it’s been 5 days for you, i would recommend you go to your local USPs with the tracking info and they can determine if it’s sitting there waiting to be sorted and never actually got on a truck. I wouldn’t worry about it being sent back, they usually wait I think 14 or 30 days before returning a package to sender.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Nice! Let's hope the package arrives undamaged
    it did and fairly fast! Mediocre packaging but the book is in perfect condition.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    When I see that message I usually get it same or next day. Since it’s been 5 days for you, i would recommend you go to your local USPs with the tracking info and they can determine if it’s sitting there waiting to be sorted and never actually got on a truck. I wouldn’t worry about it being sent back, they usually wait I think 14 or 30 days before returning a package to sender.
    Before I left work I thought,"let me check the usps site with this tracking number."
    Sure enough on the usps site it said "item can be rescheduled for delivery or you may pick it up at ____location."

What I did find out was the my works location is on a route that is "out for bid". Basically it hasn't had a regular driver for weeks. They are looking to get a permanent person on it. So the route is done by whomever has time. This explains why slips some days, none others. Although professionally they should treat all routes as if it were their own.

Good to know they wait that long though before a Return to Sender is started.

Thanks
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it did and fairly fast! Mediocre packaging but the book is in perfect condition.
    That's nice. Mine are on their way. And I think they are shipped seperately, because I didn't get a tracking code. Fingers crossed!

I'm used to pre-order a lot with Amazon.de, co.uk or .nl. Since a couple of months most of the books don't show up for pre-ordering. Has anyone else noticed this? And does anyone knows why this is?

I'm used to pre-order a lot with Amazon.de, co.uk or .nl. Since a couple of months most of the books don't show up for pre-ordering. Has anyone else noticed this? And does anyone knows why this is?
    I noticed as well. Perhaps it's due to uncertainty with stock delivery because of COVID.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I noticed this on co.uk. I concluded it was due to Brexit as they recognised my location being in Poland and therefore at present couldn't guarantee delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I noticed this on co.uk. I concluded it was due to Brexit as they recognised my location being in Poland and therefore at present couldn't guarantee delivery.
    But it's also on the European Amazons. So I don't think is due to Brexit. Maybe Covid, as Hive mentioned? I also heard that Cheap Comics is receiving one shipment a month from Diamond. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

But it's also on the European Amazons. So I don't think is due to Brexit. Maybe Covid, as Hive mentioned? I also heard that Cheap Comics is receiving one shipment a month from Diamond. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Yes, you're most probably right. One of the Polish online comics retailers has been getting less frequent shipments. However, I have been able to preorder any and all that Marvel and DC has solicited from both of the Polish online comic retailers: atomcomics.pl and multiversum.pl.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, you're most probably right. One of the Polish online comics retailers has been getting less frequent shipments. However, I have been able to preorder any and all that Marvel and DC has solicited from both of the Polish online comic retailers: atomcomics.pl and multiversum.pl.
    My only pre-order option for a normal price is unfortunately Amazon