Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Storm promised to kill Doom in Doomwar. Why has she veered from this goal?

I thought it was gonna be a longstanding storyline down the line but she just joins Gold teams and let's Kitty be leader of the X men instead. Is she procrastinating or has this story been forgotten and buried already?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Chances are writers that have gotten Storm since then haven't followed her, or cared to. So yeah. I am betting the story has been forgotten and would need to be picked up from a writer who actually cares about Storm's character & would be familiar with her plots.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Chances are writers that have gotten Storm since then haven't followed her, or cared to. So yeah. I am betting the story has been forgotten and would need to be picked up from a writer who actually cares about Storm's character & would be familiar with her plots.
    Odd. Pak loves Storm..so it was only right he pushed it.

BANNED

Doom is difficult to kill and sells more than Storm

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Odd. Pak loves Storm..so it was only right he pushed it.
    Only familiarity I have with Pak is him screwing up all the Weapon X characters and ignoring continuity. So i'm the wrong person to talk to on him. Because what I've see of him sucks. lol

But Guggenheim is busy writing his Kitty fanfic story, and doesn't care about anyone else in the book -other than making Pryde look good. So I can definitely see him not picking up any dangling threads on Storm. He's too busy putting her to sleep.

But also isn't Doom a relatively popular character? If so, it's no shock they probably won't have her kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    He is? That Fantastic Four movie was a box office flop....

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    He is? That Fantastic Four movie was a box office flop....
    Movie =/= Comics

Everyone promises to kill Doom at some point or another.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

bc she never made it out of that storyline. She's still being held captive somewhere in Latveria and what we have in Gold is a Stormbot

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Only familiarity I have with Pak is him screwing up all the Weapon X characters and ignoring continuity. So i'm the wrong person to talk to on him. Because what I've see of him sucks. lol

But Guggenheim is busy writing his Kitty fanfic story, and doesn't care about anyone else in the book -other than making Pryde look good. So I can definitely see him not picking up any dangling threads on Storm. He's too busy putting her to sleep.

But also isn't Doom a relatively popular character? If so, it's no shock they probably won't have her kill him.
    Pak is considered one of the best Hulk writers. I think he also wrote Endsong and Warsong. He wrote Hulk for many years iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Pak is considered one of the best Hulk writers. I think he also wrote Endsong and Warsong. He wrote Hulk for many years iirc.
    He needs to stay in his lane then, and stick to the Hulk. Though I HEAR he wrote a great Storm. So he'd do well going back to her if that's the case. But currently with Weapon X, he's out of his element. And I am holding a very deep grudge over it. He's my Guggenheim right now. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    It's not about her accomplishing it. It's about her planning to do it..wanting to do it..following up...keeping an eye on him away from the rest of the team's knowledge...doing sneakier stuff to go after Doom. At least she should be trying to expose his reform as Iron Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    He wrote Magneto Testament. Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    It's not about her accomplishing it. It's about her planning to do it..wanting to do it..following up...keeping an eye on him away from the rest of the team's knowledge...doing sneakier stuff to go after Doom. At least she should be trying to expose his reform as Iron Man.
    Maybe the "Fresh Start" will pick up that thread. And we'll get some form of direction from Marvel. Though that may be asking too much given the past decade. Storm is just one character whose stories or development current writers have ignored.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-24-2018 at 01:19 PM.

BANNED

They could never be arch rivals but it would be quite the swerve if she popped up to get a level up on him during a point where he's actually struggling...an eye for an eye thing.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 02-24-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Maybe it will be addressed in her solo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!