Page 139 of 294 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada blew by Dash at some point en route and quickly entered The Doctor's lab. There, she found her prey. There, she also found her friend, nothing more than a blackened statue.

She paused as her eyes lingered on what was left of Charco before she refocused. She roared and lunged at The Doctor. Knife in hand, she brought it down on his head, intent on stabbing him in the skull.
    Entering the room, Dash sees Charco, looking at him, at what was left of him, in disbelief, followed by anger. She turns quickly as she sees Sarada lunge for the Doctor. Her hands clenching at her side as her power wells up within her, but held off on acting. She knew that, if Charco, who was much stronger than she was, couldn't deal a death blow to the Doctor, then something was terribly wrong.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

She found herself garbed in a makeshift outfit from the discarded clothing left in Grimwear, unsure if what she had been wearing was normal for such a world and time period. Giddy to go out and see the world, she practically jumped out onto the foot traffic of the sidewalk, eliciting confused stares from onlookers. Looking about, it was as if everything she had gone through had been a bad dream. The world was just as she remembered it as a child; a perfect utopia compared to what life had been for her surviving on the various space colonies, alien planets, and ships.

If she had allowed herself to be drawn in by this peaceful world, she was immediately thrown back into her mission as data scrolled across her vision. It seemed she had been noticed by the Tavern Star of this time period. It should have been expected that the doctor of the Last Call would have picked up on her existence: after all, he had been the one to convert her into a machine mutant. Uploading the information she had been given, all queries from the Tavern Star were silenced as they took their time processing the data of over a decade.

Switching from her computerized train of thought to her organic, she found her mood to be spoiled by the cold realization that she had a reason for breaking the strict doctrines of time.

She needed to warn the others of the upcoming threat... although determining who these "others" were as an assignment in itself. The information from the time before the extinction event was hazy and vague. It was uncertain whether or not this time's Last Call would seek to send her reinforcements, or if they would even conclude her existence as one of their own. For now, she would need to seek out what fighters from Earth her database provided. Turning her gaze heavenward, calculations were quickly made before her internal navigation system updated.

"We'll start with the Lookout..."

Rising from the group, much to shock of several Capital City citizens, the unknown woman took flight toward her destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She handed it to Ishtar. "I'll retrieve that when I get another capsule," she told her pointedly, acknowledging the Oni's penchant for collecting spoils of battle. "Mine."
    Ishtar simply looked at her and shrugged, before storing it in a spare capsule. "Yours."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The room is silent as the Doctor ignores Erosa’s comment, holding the watch slightly longer before moving forward, toward one of the few remaining lab areas. Erosa would note this one had an independent energy source, a Dreadnaught Heart, powering a forcefield around it. That was why it didn’t explode under the blowback from Charco’s attack.
    When Ishtar blinked into existence within the final laboratory, she was quick to notice the damage, and the state of the source; and while she still was not sure the truth of what was -- and seemingly had -- happened to the boy to cause his sacrifice, she at least understood the anger Sarada had expressed when she mentioned the 'Cyanna' who had helped cause it.

Ah ...

Though ... what of the Doctor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    The Doctor moved and stepped through the field and started tapping at the computer, still utterly ignoring Erosa, and Charco’s sacrifice as if it didn’t even matter.
    No injury at all ... no longer mortal, then. A monster ... will he ignore me too, I wonder.

Taking a different tack -- from Sarada, and Erosa at the very least -- and unwilling to simply sit on her hands and await a resolution; Ishtar began walking then, towards the barrier, the Doctor, and whatever damnable invention he had set himself to working on. "Doctor Pantaloons. Jinzi-who-was ... your friend, enemy ... lover, has come."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The Lookout is easy enough to find, and the women sees it has people gathered there.

Evangeline steps up, eyes misty as Jack comes up from behind her, smoking a cigarette and also looking morose at the new visitor.

“I am Evangeline, Earth’s Guardian.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The barrier around the work station easily fends off the attacks, even by an angry Super Saiyan, the Doctor never even turning around to acknowledge Sarada.

Parsley, your ability can not register anything beyond the faintly glowing energy barrier.

However, after Ishtar walks in and speaks, the Doctor finally pauses. They straiten up and slowly turn around, revealed at last.

The dark hair, teal now seen in better light, hides slightly pointed ears now seen up close as the woman, clearly not Jinzi (though the eyes are startling like his, sharp and intelligent and manic) looks at Ishtar and smiles just slightly.

“Hello Ishtar. How brave you are to delve so deep in dark places.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The Lookout is easy enough to find, and the women sees it has people gathered there.

Evangeline steps up, eyes misty as Jack comes up from behind her, smoking a cigarette and also looking morose at the new visitor.

“I am Evangeline, Earth’s Guardian.”
    The Lookout was surprisingly easy to find. The database mentioned that, historically, most had difficulty in finding it but she simply chalked it up to her navigation program being just that advanced. Glancing over the two who had greeted her, her intel managed to pull up incomplete, but still existing, profiles on the both of them. Her human side was overwhelmed with emotion as she realized who Evangeline was.

"You're... Kami..." Hazy memories emerged of her name, spoken in reverence. In her timeline, she had briefly encountered the guardian of her timeline's Earth, Ronin Kai, with Evangeline having been dead so to encounter her in the flesh was akin to meeting a living legend.

"She spoke of you fondly..." The newcomer said, only to realize she had more information matters than fangirling over the guardian, "Forgive me. I am Shōchū of the Last Call."

However, after Ishtar walks in and speaks, the Doctor finally pauses. They straiten up and slowly turn around, revealed at last.

The dark hair, teal now seen in better light, hides slightly pointed ears now seen up close as the woman, clearly not Jinzi (though the eyes are startling like his, sharp and intelligent and manic) looks at Ishtar and smiles just slightly.

Ishtar's eyes widened slightly, though in the end she seemed not overly surprised. "You have his eyes, and her hair."

Continuing forward, the Oni sighed, and continued talking. "And you know me. Ever one to run blindly out into the dark when the truth beckons. But tell me, one monster to another ... what is the aim here ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Vertical strike....or maybe it was horizontal..." Blizzar wondered aloud, taking his time to reach the Doctor a bit as he knew others had already arrived. He wanted to figure out how to utilize this blade' capabilities first. Surely it wasn't only made for Ken's use. the blade was indestructible after and if he fell...than another shpuld be able to wield it.

Elsewhere on the asteroid...P-Sta shook his head as he awoke, groggy....it appeared that he was trapped in some kind of....gum cocoon? Just what in the world...wait.....THE MAJIN!

P-Sta shot forth a burst of energy to free himself and then....promptly slumped to the floor. Was...he this tired before he was captured? As a matter of fact where was he?! He could...sense some familiar power levels. Higher than he remembered but otherwise, nothing.

Just what was going on?!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The barrier around the work station easily fends off the attacks, even by an angry Super Saiyan, the Doctor never even turning around to acknowledge Sarada.

Parsley, your ability can not register anything beyond the faintly glowing energy barrier.

Sarada's attack was rebuffed by that damned shield. When The Doctor turned -- and more importantly, when The Doctor spoke -- the voice and face were nothing like Jinzi's. No, they were. The eyes were the same, but the face was that of a woman's. "Who the hell?" She leaped back to put distance between them. "Who the hell are you?"

Parsley narrowed her eyes. So, this is where she's been all this time. Jinzi and Meagan's son perished in whatever mysterious attack decimated the planet Earth of this woman's timeline, along with his mother and everyone else save his father. There was confusion as to the whereabouts and condition of his daughter, who was present in a photo, but not mentioned by The Doctor.

No... wait...

“Does it matter? Well, I suppose it won’t matter if you know or not. I lost, Totoma. Everything. You all, the company, Meagan, our son, and even Earth itself. Everything....gone. But I survived. I always survive. And I will have it all back, if I have to tear down the heavens itself, break death and conquer time, I will have it all back. None will stop me, my will is absolute.”

He cocks his ruined head.

“Do you doubt my resolve, Totoma?”
    Parsley's eyes narrowed. "You are Jinzi and Meagan's daughter, are you not? If so, then who exactly are you willing to tear all of existence apart at the seams to have back?" She paused, continuing to parse through this confusing muddle. "And why impersonate your father?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Dash's heart skipped a beat as she looked on this woman and saw "Meagan"..."Why? Where's Meagan an Jinzi?"
    Last edited by Tami; 09-06-2019 at 04:31 PM.

She smirks at Ishtar.

“The aim? I suppose it can’t hurt. I’ve won already, so you might as well know: the aim was victory, Ishtar. To win, and long ago I decided I didn’t give a damn about the costs.”

She looks at Parsley and bows slightly, mocking smile on.

“Indeed. My name is Midori Pantaloon. As to pretending to be daddy....misdirection. The oldest trick in the book, Parsley: Make them look over there, so they don’t see over here.”

She says this and waves one hand, drawing the eye as another suddenly slips a data card in between two fingers on the other hand, like a card shark would.

“You thought I was daddy, so you planned for him. Thought what he would do, how he would think. It’s easy to obscure one’s goals when you make your opponents look the other way.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash's heart skipped a beat as she looked on this woman and saw "Meagan"..."Why? Where's Meagan an Jinzi?"
    “Mom is on Chroma still, but daddy dearest is a bit banged up and tied up: don’t worry, He’s still with us. This one is a far cry more intelligent and brave than most other versions. In fact he’s only one of two I haven’t out right killed. The only ones worthy of the name, for sure.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The Lookout was surprisingly easy to find. The database mentioned that, historically, most had difficulty in finding it but she simply chalked it up to her navigation program being just that advanced. Glancing over the two who had greeted her, her intel managed to pull up incomplete, but still existing, profiles on the both of them. Her human side was overwhelmed with emotion as she realized who Evangeline was.

"You're... Kami..." Hazy memories emerged of her name, spoken in reverence. In her timeline, she had briefly encountered the guardian of her timeline's Earth, Ronin Kai, with Evangeline having been dead so to encounter her in the flesh was akin to meeting a living legend.

"She spoke of you fondly..." The newcomer said, only to realize she had more information matters than fangirling over the guardian, "Forgive me. I am Shōchū of the Last Call."
    She bows.

“A pleasure. What brings you here, child?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Mom is on Chroma still, but daddy dearest is a bit banged up and tied up: don’t worry, He’s still with us. This one is a far cry more intelligent and brave than most other versions. In fact he’s only one of two I haven’t out right killed. The only ones worthy of the name, for sure.”
    "Ah can't believe that Meagan, any version of Meagan, would allow a child of hers to do what you've done." Dash, a hard cold look in her eyes as she stares at the woman, "An what of your brother?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

She smirks at Ishtar.

“The aim? I suppose it can’t hurt. I’ve won already, so you might as well know: the aim was victory, Ishtar. To win, and long ago I decided I didn’t give a damn about the costs.”

She looks at Parsley and bows slightly, mocking smile on.

“Indeed. My name is Midori Pantaloon. As to pretending to be daddy....misdirection. The oldest trick in the book, Parsley: Make them look over there, so they don’t see over here.”

She says this and waves one hand, drawing the eye as another suddenly slips a data card in between two fingers on the other hand, like a card shark would.

“You thought I was daddy, so you planned for him. Thought what he would do, how he would think. It’s easy to obscure one’s goals when you make your opponents look the other way.”
    Parsley's jaw tightened. Midori Pants was correct. They spent as much time as they had available planning to confront Jinzi. They planned for Jinzi, attempted to parse the supremely transcendent mind of their own Jinzi to determine exactly how to proceed and what to expect. All that time, wasted.

"Since you've done all of this," she intoned as she stabbed her ax into the floor and folded her arms over her chest, "your mind is every bit as transcendent as your father's. Not a complete waste. You say you want to win, and have. What game was being played, exactly? Your time constructs have been eliminated one by one. Your means of temporal manipulation have been snatched from your hand and returned to its true master. Jinzi Pants continues to draw breath, and your time on this mortal coil is quickly coming to an end. So, tell me, Midori, what have you won?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!