Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1435
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Is it known if the writers planed alongside with the creation of Wiccan and Speed that they are the reincarnated children of the Scarlet Witch, or if it’s something the writers came up with along the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Is it known if the writers planed alongside with the creation of Wiccan and Speed that they are the reincarnated children of the Scarlet Witch, or if it’s something the writers came up with along the way?
    I can't bring any details and sources tbh, but Im sure it was planned. Especially with Speed. If you read the original run, as soon as he shows up they already realize he and Billy look the same and bring up the possibility that they're Wanda's twins.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Yes. The Young Avengers collection includes Allan Heinberg's original pitch for the series, and he says that Billy will discover he is adopted* and, if Marvel approves the pitch, he will discover his long-lost twin Thomas, and start to suspect that they are the Vision and the Scarlet Witch's lost twins.

This was also the pitch where Heinberg famously wrote that Teddy would be a shapeshifter of indeterminate gender, because that's the only relationship he thought Marvel would let him get away with. Fortunately Tom Brevoort suggested that Billy and Teddy should just be gay.

*They changed this in the series, presumably because of the age problem that they would be too old to literally be her children.
    Last edited by gurkle; 09-17-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Luciano Vecchio made a finished version of that sketch I posted a few pages ago and it looks even more magical now:

I love the little redesign he did for Teddy's black/purple costume. And their shoes? I'M OBSESSED WITH THEM.

Since Luciano is officially working for Marvel as a cover/inside artist and he seems to be so passionate about these two, I would definitely be down for him drawing a Wiccan & Hulkling or a new Young Avengers book.

Hey, neat, he incorporated the Hala star.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Gosh, I had totally forgotten about Death's Head #3! I wasn't really into the issue until the Teddy/Kate interactions came up, then it got really good up until the end.

spoilers:
    First of all, I believe this issue has confirmed the book indeed takes place in the main universe. In the recap page, they refer to the Evelyn Necker in the story as being from ''Prime Earth'', which is the name they've used for Earth-616 post-Secret Wars. So I think we can finally get that question out of the way.

Like I said, I wasn't really feeling the issue in the beginning, but man, that conversation between Teddy and Kate was SO GOOD. Besides being a nice catching up moment between former teammates, it really shed a light on Teddy's own feelings and struggles while being in a relationship with Billy. The fact that fighting him was Teddy's worst fear and how he didn't want Billy to know about it was kind of heartbreaking. His frustrations about their engagement were very insightful, and it answered something I'd been questioning for a while: which one of them feels more confident about it. And from how Teddy describes it, it makes sense he's the one. Billy DOES seem to be the one who overthinks things and ends up getting cold feet. It was an interesting look inside Teddy's mind, and I wonder if all this talk about marriage and how Teddy wants to be there for Billy might play a part in whatever story we're getting for them on the Incoming book. Like, I could see Teddy having a hard time leaving Billy behind if he has to go to space to do his cosmic obligations.

Another VERY interesting thing was Teddy saying that Billy questioned his own existence because of Wanda's powers. I mean, just when we thought we were over that whole existential crisis... And I thought it was particularly curious when Teddy was explaining his thoughts on how Billy's magic worked, and he specifically says that Wanda is from this reality, but implied Billy is not. Was I the only one really confused by that??? Like, what is that supposed to mean? Did he say that because of Billy's fear that he didn't really exist, that Wanda plucked him from some reality and gave him a life there? Was it because he thinks Billy's power origins come from another dimension (perhaps something related to Mephisto)?? I was very intrigued by that remark.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, just one more issue to go. I'm curious to see how Tini's gonna wrap this up, 'cause this issue took a direction that I was not expecting for Billy/Teddy's story.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-18-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I can't bring any details and sources tbh, but Im sure it was planned. Especially with Speed. If you read the original run, as soon as he shows up they already realize he and Billy look the same and bring up the possibility that they're Wanda's twins.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes. The Young Avengers collection includes Allan Heinberg's original pitch for the series, and he says that Billy will discover he is adopted* and, if Marvel approves the pitch, he will discover his long-lost twin Thomas, and start to suspect that they are the Vision and the Scarlet Witch's lost twins.

This was also the pitch where Heinberg famously wrote that Teddy would be a shapeshifter of indeterminate gender, because that's the only relationship he thought Marvel would let him get away with. Fortunately Tom Brevoort suggested that Billy and Teddy should just be gay.

*They changed this in the series, presumably because of the age problem that they would be too old to literally be her children.
    Thanks you two for answering that. Looks like I might have asked that just as well in Wanda’s thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Gosh, I had totally forgotten about Death's Head #3! I wasn't really into the issue until the Teddy/Kate interactions came up, then it got really good up until the end.

spoilers:
    First of all, I believe this issue has confirmed the book indeed takes place in the main universe. In the recap page, they refer to the Evelyn Necker in the story as being from ''Prime Earth'', which is the name they've used for Earth-616 post-Secret Wars. So I think we can finally get that question out of the way.

Like I said, I wasn't really feeling the issue in the beginning, but man, that conversation between Teddy and Kate was SO GOOD. Besides being a nice catching up moment between former teammates, it really shed a light on Teddy's own feelings and struggles while being in a relationship with Billy. The fact that fighting him was Teddy's worst fear and how he didn't want Billy to know about it was kind of heartbreaking. His frustrations about their engagement were very insightful, and it answered something I'd been questioning for a while: which one of them feels more confident about it. And from how Teddy describes it, it makes sense he's the one. Billy DOES seem to be the one who overthinks things and ends up getting cold feet. It was an interesting look inside Teddy's mind, and I wonder if all this talk about marriage and how Teddy wants to be there for Billy might play a part in whatever story we're getting for them on the Incoming book. Like, I could see Teddy having a hard time leaving Billy behind if he has to go to space to do his cosmic obligations.

Another VERY interesting thing was Teddy saying that Billy questioned his own existence because of Wanda's powers. I mean, just when we thought we were over that whole existential crisis... And I thought it was particularly curious when Teddy was explaining his thoughts on how Billy's magic worked, and he specifically says that Wanda is from this reality, but implied Billy is not. Was I the only one really confused by that??? Like, what is that supposed to mean? Did he say that because of Billy's fear that he didn't really exist, that Wanda plucked him from some reality and gave him a life there? Was it because he thinks Billy's power origins come from another dimension (perhaps something related to Mephisto)?? I was very intrigued by that remark.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, just one more issue to go. I'm curious to see how Tini's gonna wrap this up, 'cause this issue took a direction that I was not expecting for Billy/Teddy's story.
    Well considering the fact that the whole reason Billy and Tommy exist now is because the original versions of them never did exist makes me feel a bit of sympathy for Billy's plight because it's actually very plausible. As far as Billy not being from this reality I just thought he was referring to his soul. Again him and Tommy are basically just parts of mephisto who's basically a demon from another realm, incarnated into flesh and bone. With that said I'm uber curious to see where she's taking Billy I'm even more excited for Strikeforce now. I'm really hoping all of this is leading up to the damn wedding it's far overdue. And I hope the whole Tommy thing from issue #1 will be addressed if not in Death's Head hopefully in strikeforce.
    Last edited by Journey; 09-18-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well considering the fact that the whole reason Billy and Tommy exist now is because the original versions of them never did exist makes me feel a bit of sympathy for Billy's plight because it's actually very plausible. As far as Billy not being from this reality I just thought he was referring to his soul. Again him and Tommy are basically just parts of mephisto who's basically a demon from another realm, incarnated into flesh and bone. With that said I'm uber curious to see where she's taking Billy I'm even more excited for Strikeforce now. I'm really hoping all of this is leading up to the damn wedding it's far overdue. And I hope the whole Tommy thing from issue #1 will be addressed if not in Death's Head hopefully in strikeforce.
    Considering what Tini just established about Billy's powers, yeah, his role in Strikeforce now might be very interesting. Unless that gets fixed in the final DH issue.

As for Tommy, I get the feeling he was only mentioned in the first issue to showcase how isolated Billy was, and there wasn't anything deeper going on.

Ultimate Member

The Demiurge will create worlds.

But his first act was to will *himself* into existence.

So, as it turns out, that teaser for Incoming! with (someone who may be) Hulkling will also be one of the covers for the book, which is pretty exciting, although they're still not revealing who the character is in the solicited cover. The solicits have also confirmed Jim Cheung will be the artist for at least one of the variant covers.

So, BleedingCool is reporting that Matthew Rosenberg and/or Tini Howard might be attached to a Guardians Of The Galaxy relaunch early next year. This is interesting for a number of reasons: Tini is currently writing both Billy and Teddy on Death's Head, and we know at least Billy's story will continue on Strikeforce. Rosenberg retweeted the ''One Will Unite Them'' teaser with an emoji of a spaceship, possibly hinting he'll be involved in that story, which is part of Incoming!, which we know Teddy will be a part of due to Jim Cheung's art. We also know Tini is one of the writers of that one-shot.

Anyway, my point is... if Rosenberg/Howard are a part of the GOTG relaunch, could this mean Teddy will be joining the team? I think that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-25-2019 at 02:02 AM.

I'd worked out from the Incoming solicit and teaser that Rosenberg was probably on Guardians. I'd linked Howard to the Hulkling teaser, but it's certainly possible that the two are the same project.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, BleedingCool is reporting that Matthew Rosenberg and/or Tini Howard might be attached to a Guardians Of The Galaxy relaunch early next year. This is interesting for a number of reasons: Tini is currently writing both Billy and Teddy on Death's Head, and we know at least Billy's story will continue on Strikeforce. Rosenberg retweeted the ''One Will Unite Them'' teaser with an emoji of a spaceship, possibly hinting he'll be involved on that story, which is part of Incoming!, which we know Teddy will be a part of due to Jim Cheung's art. We also know Tini is one of the writers of that one-shot.

Anyway, my point is... if Rosenberg/Howard are a part of the GOTG relaunch, could this mean Teddy will be joining the team? I think that would be awesome.
    Vell gays united at last?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Yikes, I do not want Rosenberg writing any characters I care about.