Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    I meant during the times where creators inevitably break them up before they get back together again. Don't get me wrong Steph is undeniably his best developed love interest, and they'll end up returning to her at some point, but I'm not stupid enough to believe that they won't break up again at some point afterwards due to different creative teams. During those times, they'll probably explore male love interests as well as female.
    I just don't really see Tim getting the amount of focus to where that would really be believably developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Because of how he is acting around his friend.
    Saying things like: "He looks so... " "He is my... "

And breaking up with Steph for no reason, apparently so Bernard can be something more.
    Comes across as hamfisted to me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Because of how he is acting around his friend.
    Saying things like: "He looks so... " "He is my... "

And breaking up with Steph for no reason, apparently so Bernard can be something more.
    Right, the subtext was there, and not even that subtle. It's just DC not blatantly having him come out as bi yet so they have options to take it back if they want to later on. But, there's a 90% chance he'll end up bi, imo

Extraordinary Member

What I could see is that they are using this story to test the fan reaction, and spare the real coming out moment for a bigger comic, if there is no massiv backlash.

I mean the issue where it happens will likely sell a lot of copies, so doing it in an back up story in an anthology might not be the optimal place to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What I could see is that they are using this story to test the fan reaction, and spare the real coming out moment for a bigger comic, if there is no massiv backlash.

I mean the issue where it happens will likely sell a lot of copies, so doing it in an back up story in an anthology might not be the optimal place to do it.
    If its gonna sell a lot of copies, why not put it in a book that costs like $10 haha
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I don't think the trailer was posted here, but Tim is in the new Titans trailer watching reports of Robin's death:

Looks like we also see the Drake's who run a...restaurant?

Did they combine Tim with his first girlfriend? Her family ran a restaurant.

The dead Robin is Jason, I assume, who'll quickly come back as Red Hood?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

So Jack is black and Janet is Chinese, or will they change their name (Janet is not a common name for Asian). Drake restaurant's name is Excellent Gotham Golden Noodle House, kinda interesting since I always imagine Tim liking instant noodles and its simplicity

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post

So Jack is black and Janet is Chinese, or will they change their name (Janet is not a common name for Asian). Drake restaurant's name is Excellent Gotham Golden Noodle House, kinda interesting since I always imagine Tim liking instant noodles and its simplicity
    True that, I guess time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post

So jacking not just from Duke but Damian.

Jeez Tim is watering down out Robins. I'm not too happy about Tim piggy backing on other's ethnicities.

I'd be even more pissed off if the rumours are true and this show is doing the Dick bats thing with Tim.

If Tim Drake the character as he is isn't interesting enough for the show, don't take aspects from other Robins to augment him. Just use those other characters.. smh

Tim Drake's the bland Robin? What!

So the first time Tim's parents are adapted and they're barely recognizable .

Typical. For some reason, the current crop over at DC seems to think that the only way to make someone interesting is to “diversify” them — whether it be making them LGBT, race-bending them, or gender-bending them.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

Tim Drake is …Third Robina better fitting name than Red Robin will ever be.

In essence, he is an adolescent, Caucasian, black-haired, blue-eyed male who became Robin #3.

He’s always been smart. He became a trained combatant and investigator.

Beyond that depends upon an unstable timeline. Since everything happened, take your pick.

Every day, I hope someone will do something with this character. I hope he will take a new alias and find his own direction.

I still hope.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-21-2021 at 12:51 PM.

For what it's worth, I don't need him to be Caucasian black haired blue-eyed. What's essential for him to be him is his smarts and his attitude. I'm just commenting that people seem to think that changing his skin color, ethnicity, orientation, Etc to make him more interesting. Thought will make him more interesting will be to find a way to play up his cleverness and perceptiveness.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    So jacking not just from Duke but Damian.

Jeez Tim is watering down out Robins. I'm not too happy about Tim piggy backing on other's ethnicities.

I'd be even more pissed off if the rumours are true and this show is doing the Dick bats thing with Tim.

If Tim Drake the character as he is isn't interesting enough for the show, don't take aspects from other Robins to augment him. Just use those other characters.. smh

Tim Drake's the bland Robin? What!
    You're clearly nitpicking. If he is written like Tim, it's really not a problem. He hasn't stolen or watered down any other Robin just because of the way he looks. It's all about the story.