Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Can't blame anyone for walking away. I've got almost two months' worth of books I picked up from my shop because they ordered them for me, but I haven't read them. I just don't care anymore. More than that, I recognize that I let myself be cheated by thinking DC was actually trying to change directions, not just looking for a "keep Dan and Jim employed" stopgap.

DC has taken everything positive from Rebirth and thrown it away. They learned nothing.
    can you believe that after years and when I mean years, alot of them, tomorrow I won't be eager to buy my favorite comic. Before I couldn't wait for the day to arrive. Tomorrow I will not, this is the second month I am doing it and intend to continue until things change. I am the client, I buy what I like.

I won't pretend its easy, no Its hard, because like many others fans I have invested in a series for many years, but I didn't leave them, they left me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    can you believe that after years and when I mean years, alot of them, tomorrow I won't be eager to buy my favorite comic. Before I couldn't wait for the day to arrive. Tomorrow I will not, this is the second month I am doing it and intend to continue until things change. I am the client, I buy what I like.

I won't pretend its easy, no Its hard, because like many others fans I have invested in a series for many years, but I didn't leave them, they left me.
    It's hard because these characters were... are part of our lives. It's about escapism and seeing our heroes win. Sure we don't own these heroes, Warner Bros do but we are the customer and if those who haven't walked away but are upset at the direction of DC, drop 1 or 2 titles. If everyone done that perhaps things would change. Try another company like Dark Horse or check out something different like Mark Millar's books. End of the day they (DC) hold the rights but we the readers hold the power of money.

It's these guys who should win...

... Not these ones

Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 04-16-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    It's hard because these characters were... are part of our lives. It's about escapism and seeing our heroes win. Sure we don't own these heroes, Warner Bros do but we are the customer and if those who haven't walked away but are upset at the direction of DC, drop 1 or 2 titles. If everyone done that perhaps things would change. Try another company like Dark Horse or check out something different like Mark Millar's books. End of the day they (DC) hold the rights but we the readers hold the power of money.
    unfortunately fans keep being fooled, they know that its going bad,some won't even admit it, but they keep hoping that things will change or giving another chance, and it keeps dragging on and on. It never changes.

We, the others who have come to our senses, still can do our part, today with all social media, its not like in the past, having nowhere to express our frustration at what we got back. We have to use what is at our disposal, some are already doing it. Therefore its up to us to bash them on their social media pages, spreading the word with other fans ect It won't make miracles instantly but it will ultimately.

WB has the legal rights, but the moral ones belong to fans, without fans they are nothing.

Dumping a company for a character or two is a more drastic step than I would take. But, you're buying, reading, and storing so your say goes. My only caveat is that even if DC is crapping all over your favorites (and this phrase is pretty true), I'd still want to make sure there wasn't something there I was missing out on and might enjoy.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I feel you man, all my characters I love get no love and I can't get @#$% with DC nowadays. There's little crumbs here and there but its just crumbs. I guess its my fault since I had to go like characters DC don't care about

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    DC needs a complete overhaul and new blood, the likes of didio should be out, they had their time. Ultimately its up to us fans, we keep supporting them by buying their stuff. When In our hearts we know that they aren't delivering.
    I am done with subscriptions and will decide on the moment if I will buy something I may find interesting.
    However its useless to complain and take no action. We can do our small part and spread the word.
    DC needs to clean house in all their divisions. They're lacking and its showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    The current state of DC is why I could never understand all the hate for Geoff Johns. The dude was one the only power brokers left who cared about the legacy of these characters. If it was up to him, I doubt we would have ever had a New 52.
    I like how him and Morrison just basically ignored the reboot for the properties they were passionate about. But yeah I don't think he would've rebooted either.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 04-16-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Dumping a company for a character or two is a more drastic step than I would take. But, you're buying, reading, and storing so your say goes. My only caveat is that even if DC is crapping all over your favorites (and this phrase is pretty true), I'd still want to make sure there wasn't something there I was missing out on and might enjoy.
    Sometimes the "dumping a company for a character or two" is more of a "last straw" situation, especially if there's nothing else you currently are even slightly enjoying.
    As for the bit you mentioned about making sure "there wasn't something there I was missing out on and might enjoy", to some people it's not worth the time / effort / money to try and still find something just because they might enjoy it.

(Hey, I've been there before . . . basically gave up buying / reading comic books between 1995 and 2010, though occasionally I'd slip back and buy a title or two for a couple of months but not much longer.)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Nothing wrong with taking a break from comics if they aren't providing you joy. Find something else to entertain you and we'll be here whenever you want to come back.

BANNED

I'm not buying or following anything from DC currently. Nothing they are publishing interests me. I feel okay about it. I got through my disappointment phase, even though I still have the opinions I had then. So when I talk about some things regarding DC, they may not always be positive, but ultimately, DC is going to do what DC is going to do, and there's nothing I can do about that, and that's fine. I just go do other stuff I'm passionate about. Reading the old comics I like from DC is still fun, though. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't spend any money on their comics ever again.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 04-16-2019 at 09:03 PM.

BANNED

Tynion has always been a terrible writer, he is also easily the worst one to write this title

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

DC is putting out a lot of great stuff right now. If you aren't finding any joy in your comics though, take a break.

These things just sort of happen. Highs and lows.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-16-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Tynion has always been a terrible writer, he is also easily the worst one to write this title
    Tynion seems just fine on JLDark to me.
    The problem, I think, is that whatever plans there are with Dr. Fate are likely being editorially mandated, at least in part, for whatever connection he may have with the JSA.

And I could name plenty more that would be worst for the title.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

If I'm honest, I'm buying Flash SOLELY out of habit.
    I can't remember the last storyline that held my interest.
    Aquaman is awful. I'm going to see what #50 brings with Black Manta, but if it doesn't blow my socks off it's gone.
    Batman hasn't interested me in nearly a decade.
    Grant Morrison's Green Lantern has a 2000AD vibe I'm enjoying, but I don't see this book lasting with the current creators for too much longer.

Image and BOOM are getting more and more of my money these days.
    Faithless, Bully Wars, Klaus, I Hate Fairyland, Walking Dead, Thief of Thieves etc.

DC continue to do their best to drive me away - and with the way they have treated all their legacy characters they will probably succeed.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Tynion seems just fine on JLDark to me.
    The problem, I think, is that whatever plans there are with Dr. Fate are likely being editorially mandated, at least in part, for whatever connection he may have with the JSA.

And I could name plenty more that would be worst for the title.
    not saying there aren't worse possible options to write it in all of comics- just Tynion sucks and is clearly is not as good of a writer as Milligan, Fawkes and DeMatteis

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    not saying there aren't worse possible options to write it in all of comics- just Tynion sucks and is clearly is not as good of a writer as Milligan, Fawkes and DeMatteis
    Well... 95% of who DC has right now couldn't compare to Milligan or DeMatteis.

Only two writers they have access to are worthy of writing a magic-focused book, imo.
    Especially, THE magic-focused book of the DCU. And that would be Gaiman and Morrison.
    While Tynion isn't one of those two, he does better than I'd expect most of DC's current writers would do.

I am curious about what examples you'd give of JLDark as to why you think his writing sucks.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.