Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Suicide Squad" on Course For $125 Million U.S. Opening

Early projection peg the David Ayer film to open with a larger domestic box office haul than Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy."

Full article here.

BANNED

Sinister Six, Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers, Injustice League, Masters of Evil, Venom, Joker, Dr. Doom, Brotherhood of Mutants movies confirmed! ;-)

Astonishing Member

I could see Joker being a very real possibility if Leto's performance is well-received.

Sony was working on both Sinister Six and Venom before they partnered with Marvel as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Sinister Six, Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers, Injustice League, Masters of Evil, Venom, Joker, Dr. Doom, Brotherhood of Mutants movies confirmed! ;-)
    Well They did not kill off Citicen V, Plus Gunn did say marvel can use the Classic SKrulls, and MArvel can use Norman.....

I've been reading Ostranders 1987 run lately and have been enjoying it for the most part. Hopefully the movie is a good adaptation. Does anyone know what stories this movie is based on?
    Superhero shows are trash

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Glad to hear it. Suicide Squad deserves a big opening weekend in the box office a possible in my book.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

This film looks poised to really do well, and maybe convince the higher-ups at Warners that there is more than Zack's way to make a DC movie.

Early projection? Hm, I don't know -- this movie sure generated a lot of positive buzz ever since it used Bohemian Rhapsody in one of its trailers, but perhaps it's a little too early to start making such analyses. Whatever the final box office will be, in David Ayer I trust.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    This film looks poised to really do well, and maybe convince the higher-ups at Warners that there is more than Zack's way to make a DC movie.
    They already know that. Hence why Patty is directed WW. Wan is on Aquaman. Ben is doing Batman and Famuyiwa is doing Flash.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Eh Baggie only Wonder Woman is too late to course correct majorly. The rest can be modified as needed.

Fantastic Member

Anybody know what the budget is for this movie?

I couldn't find it in the usual sources and the only number I could find was from Ike Barinholtz who had it at about $250M.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    Anybody know what the budget is for this movie?

I couldn't find it in the usual sources and the only number I could find was from Ike Barinholtz who had it at about $250M.
    Well they are probaly paying will smith alone the entire budget of deadpool. This movie looks really good though and whatever the budget is i bet its money well spent. Seeing deadshot smiles more in the trailers then supes does in 2 whole movies is weird but the movie has me excited. Then again so did BvS till i saw it but im optimistic. David Ayer is a top notch director too so he gets the benefit of the doubt

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well they are probaly paying will smith alone the entire budget of deadpool. This movie looks really good though and whatever the budget is i bet its money well spent. Seeing deadshot smiles more in the trailers then supes does in 2 whole movies is weird but the movie has me excited. Then again so did BvS till i saw it but im optimistic. David Ayer is a top notch director too so he gets the benefit of the doubt
    Will has had a few BO disappointments as of late, so his fee likely isn't what it once was. Remember, in Hollywood you are only as good as your last movie.

BANNED

250 would be more then BvS assuming we aren't counting marketing. That is absurd there is no way this cost 250 million.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    250 would be more then BvS assuming we aren't counting marketing. That is absurd there is no way this cost 250 million.

Yeah, I don't believe it either but so far it's the only actual number that's been thrown out there.

But whatever it may end up being I think we can al l agree that WB's failure to release the budget numbers means it's pretty damned high.