Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The Arkham games were good, but I absolutely hate their character design. It felt far too pointlessly edgy just for the same of it. Penguin had a glass bottle shoved through his face that he used as a monocle. What the hell?
    Less uses it as a monocle and more it's stuck there, he can't get it out.

Anyway, am of two minds about the Arkham character design.
    I like most of the male characters, I hate all of the female ones.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I loved Catwoman’s design in the Arkham series, but I wasn’t too crazy about Ivy’s.

Surprised no one said superman 64. Who didnt love trying to fly through those rings with mechanics that handled like a bulldozer lol

I think the best ones are:

- The second Spider-Man movie game (the open-ish world one).
    - X-Men Legends
    - Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    - Batman: Arkham Asylum
    - Batman: Arkham City
    - Ultimate Spider-Man
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
    - Freedom Force
    - X-Men: The Arcade Game

Those are my top 10 in no order.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If InFamous is being considered a superhero game despite being an original iIP, then I'll toss Gravity Rush into the ring, since it was a delight to play and Kat the Gravity Queen was a fun character. Haven't gotten a chance to play GR2 yet, but I heard that it was even better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    If InFamous is being considered a superhero game despite being an original iIP...
    What does having an original or a licensed IP have to do with what genre a game is in?
    Do games like City Of Heroes or even comics like Invincible fall outside the superhero genre because there isn't a big corporate Marvel/DC logo on the cover?

I really enjoy Champions Online and if it counts "Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay". I know that's Sci-Fi but it gets pretty close to superhero at the end of Chronicles of Riddick.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What does having an original or a licensed IP have to do with what genre a game is in?
    Do games like City Of Heroes or even comics like Invincible fall outside the superhero genre because there isn't a big corporate Marvel/DC logo on the cover?
    Well, discounting that this thread seems to be more about licensed games based on existing superhero characters, InFamous is not really about being a superhero, so much as being a guy who is trying to deal with gaining new powers and the situations that arise from it, and may choose to do some random acts of Good Samaritan-ship (or pure sociopathy) in passing.

While he can certainly be "heroic", he's about as much of a "superhero" as Harry Potter or Son Goku. Which is why I mentioned Gravity Rush, since that's another great game in the same vein.

If an Invincible game existed, them it would definitely count towards what seems to be the intention of the OP, and even games like City of Heroes are specifically about superheroes rather than just heroes with super powers. To continue the Dragon Ball reference from above, Great Saiyaman, the Pride Troopers, and Universe 2's team would be superheroes, while people like Goku, non-costumed Gohan, future Trunks, Kuririn, Piccolo, Cabba, #17, etc... would be heroic people that have super powers.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 06-28-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    I loved that game, mostly because Nightcrawler was in it and partly because it featured the X-Men timeline of the X-Men series that almost got made in the late 80's that only got one episode, "Pryde of the X-Men".

Also, it had special 6 man consoles where you could get the entire six member team on the screen at once for maximum mutant mayhem.

Speaking of X-Men games, I should also mention X-Men. I purchased a Genesis just to play this game and boy was it worth it. It was an absolute joy to play, that is once you read in a gaming magazine that when the game tells you to press the reset button, they actually meant the real reset button on the console.
    Eh, while it had its good points, I personally found X-Men for the Genesis to be very clunky to play, with muddy visuals and somewhat nauseating sounds effects.

X-Men 2: Clone Wars, however, was a work of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Spider-man 2 for Playstation 2. (Not the sequal to the game I just mentioned, but the one based on the movie with Dr. Octopus.) It had Bruce campbell in it, which was great. The webswinging in the game feels better and more likely than in any of the other Spider-man games they've done. The subplot with Mysterio was also great leading to the final confrontation with him which is the best boss fight ever.
    There was an Ultimate Spider-Man game much like Spider-Man 2 and you could play as Venom. I enjoyed it about as much as SM2, Venom was super fun

While it's not a licensed game, Persona 5 is essentially about a bunch of teens gaining super powers and deciding to become super heroes, or at least literal Social Justice Warriors. And it's also absolutely excellent.

While it's not a licensed game, Persona 5 is essentially about a bunch of teens gaining super powers and deciding to become super heroes, or at least literal Social Justice Warriors. And it's also absolutely excellent.
    Yeah, I'd think Persona 5 would count for sure.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

As a franchise spider-man has been surprisingly generous in decent games and i do hope that the next one is going my new favorite super hero game. (fingers crossed)

But right now i would say Arkham City. We all played that game so no explanation is really required i think.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Technically speaking they became thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Technically speaking they became thieves.
    Yeah, but functionally they are superheroes since they are stealing immaterial objects to stop the schemes and machinations of secret, super-powered villains and protect the innocent in the name of justice.

I mean, it's not like their robbing liquor stores in order to buy a new car, or anything.