View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1591
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Maybe Xavier can transfer Karima into a clone body and she'll be ok.

Also, this issue broke continuity again. Xavier didn't invent Cyclops' glasses. Cyclops had them before he met Xavier. Hickman hasn't been researching the old 1960s issues.
    Or something SINISTER is afoot...
    Canonically the 1st person Scott would have seen through the ruby quartz glasses was Sinister.
    Yet here he sees Charles (cue ominous soundtrack)

Has anyone mentioned that Scott Logans and Jeans room numbers are out of order!?
    Very Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Has anyone mentioned that Scott Logans and Jeans room numbers are out of order!?
    Very Curious.
    yes, this has already been discussed several times

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MutantHipster View Post
    Don't know if this was mentioned, but the scientist at the end holding the pink crystal saying she can resurrect he husband...well that pink crystal looks very Nimrodesque.
    That and Killian mentions “he was a hunter, a tracker...a tower”. All of which are pretty biblical allusions...
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

All-New Member

Everyone losing their **** over Jean, Scott, and Logan all being together and no-one saying anything about the heavy flirting between Hepzibah and Rachel, as if "another hard drink for a hard girl I am getting" wasn't totally meant to have a double meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Everyone losing their **** over Jean, Scott, and Logan all being together and no-one saying anything about the heavy flirting between Hepzibah and Rachel, as if "another hard drink for a hard girl I am getting" wasn't totally meant to have a double meaning.
    It all seemed like a joke for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    That and Killian mentions “he was a hunter, a tracker...a tower”. All of which are pretty biblical allusions...
    Nimrod’s a pretty biblical guy. Maybe Killian is gonna rise on the third day

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But I think this is part of where the discomfort from this book comes from. The X-Men have abandoned Karima, humanity, precogs, all in the name of keeping themselves safe.
    100% agree this is part of how to build sense of dread:

Charles with Cerebro on 24/7,
    Erik's god complex (he's been shown with this before, but I believe never so literally),
    Moira's heavily redacted journals (which do say that she hasn't let Charles and Erik in on everything),
    Jean not only dressed in the green mini-dress but behaving much younger and less experienced than we've seen,
    Vulcan's earlier, innocent version,
    The whole resurrection protocol + return ritual has made many squirm with questions on the soul and on cults,
    Traditionally irredeemable villains such as Emplate, Selene, Sinister, Gorgon, Shaw, etc, being welcomed into the fold,
    Forgiving their unjustifiable genocidal acts while punishing Creed for breaking a law which hadn't been passed,
    Plus, dropping him into solitary darkness for eternity is the worst torture, when I expected Krakoa would lean to rehab,
    Blackmailing humans with irresistible drugs and using psychic influence on the UN vote,
    And...
    And...

To me, the fact that Karima, who was transformed against her will, was refused Krakoan entry is exactly in this vein.

The "old" "in-character" X-Men took her in and helped her control the sentinel programming, but "creepier-than-ever" Chucky's "pod people" X-Men seem to have adopted a zero tolerance stance to someone who is, by definition, a Post-Human. This is what has been established in HoXPoX. You may have a dozen theories why Karima may be too far gone for rescue, but those are merely conjecture. Based on the little that we know about her specifically, there's no reason to think that Xavier could not have copied her mind (and soul) to imprint onto a sentinel-free human body using the resurrection protocols. Based on what has been published so far, it appears that the Krakoan council decided not to redeem her because she's not a mutant. As another commenter said above, the old X-Men would have gone out on a limb to Save Everyone.

To be clear, this is not a criticism of Hickman's storytelling. I mean it looks to me like he's setting up a lot of uncomfortable pieces which he will bring into play during the endgame. If I'm wrong and none of these Chekhov's guns are fired in the 3rd act, then yeah all this would have been very disappointing to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    thats already been discussed as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats already been discussed as well
    You speak as though you are a newbie. As if that doesn't mean it can't get rehashed all over again.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

So has anyone considered that Jean and Scott may have only entered a polyamorous relationship out of the fear that one or the other would have cheated on each other if in a sole monogamous relationship? Or would that idea scare people?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    So has anyone considered that Jean and Scott may have only entered a polyamorous relationship out of the fear that one or the other would have cheated on each other if in a sole monogamous relationship? Or would that idea scare people?
    Nah. If anything, they entered a polyamorous relationship because Xavier was afraid of what would happen if they didn't cheat.

BANNED

There is no polyamory. Just dual sidepieces. Emma gets Pimpclops on the weekends and Jean during the week. When he's with the other, they use batteries.

<3 <3 <3 just sister-wives things <3 <3 <3

BANNED

At least you're settling into it. But who is the sidepiece here exactly? Jean is the one with two men in connecting rooms. Seems to me she's the one making the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post

Blackmailing humans with irresistible drugs and using psychic influence on the UN vote,
    I really don't get why the drug thing bothers people. It's not "blackmail", its literally just a normal exchange. There's nothing shady about the trade deal aspect of it. I can see the argument that maybe the drugs themselves are sketchy, but, the part where they're asking for something in return? There's nothing villainous about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post

To me, the fact that Karima, who was transformed against her will, was refused Krakoan entry is exactly in this vein.
    Either I missed something, or I think you're reading too much into Karima's line about taking sides.