Page 32 of 135 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    (and I'd really like to know how that was managed)
    That's a really good question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    We now know who we should thank for Jai and Irey's coming back :

https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/statu...96569787523074
    Well that was something I didn’t see coming from current DC. That and Damien could use new friends his age after what Bendis did to Jon Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    That and Damien could use new friends his age after what Bendis did to Jon Kent.
    So cool. I'd pay anything to see Irey kicking his ass.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Who Bendis's? yeah! I would absolutely love to see that for doing what he did to the kid.

Hey, Retcon idea ! We now know that Wally is Hope Incarnate and can shoot hope at anything coming from the Dark Multiverse.

So ... What if Sanctuary had/was a breach to the Dark Multiverse ? What if the heroes that were killed in Heroes in Crisis were just Dark Matter constructs and Wally's Hope lightnings/Speed Force storm/Whatever we call it reacted to these dark doppelgangers ?

Make it happens DC ! It's Secret Invasion (from the Dark Multiverse) 2.0 !

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! I think what's going to happen is wally fixes the timeline and everyone comes back.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So, Wally seems to be in his Spectre phase, so all that's left is for the EiC to be replaced for Wally to be restored as the The Flash again. Of course, this new head honcho will of course pick another beloved character to screw over and the cycle can begin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well that was something I didn’t see coming from current DC. That and Damien could use new friends his age after what Bendis did to Jon Kent.
    Would Damian really befriend these two? Even Wallace isn't exactly his best mate.

I'd like to see Bart's reaction to their return (as things stand, Bart and Irey are both Impulse. Irey probably needs to know Bart's back using the name, which would explain her own name change, presumably to Kid Flash, which was Bart's name when Irey became the new Impulse), and Wallace's and the twins' reaction to each other's existence (if Irey's going to become Kid Flash, does that mean Wallace will take a new name? Or will there just be two Kid Flashes, like how Barry, Wally and Avery are all The Flash? And will the twins think that Wallace and Avery replaced them?).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

after lazarus contract it would make sense that they'd not like him.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Now that the whole series is done my feelings on all of it are mixed.

The good parts were, first off just getting a solo Wally series, which is a big deal with this DC editorial. Scott Lodbell and Brett Booth did a great job. This was a very fun series of Wally just being a hero and going on an adventure. Which is all ive wanted since he came back.

Wally was written like him self with his laid back, every man personality but also his hope and determination.

The actual plot however I'm not too sure on. The last issues especially responded directly to HIC with Wally saying him giving up his humanity to save the Multiverse was his penance for HIC. Which is ok I guess. Except for the fact that the threat of dark matter was his doing as well as he created that world out of his own fear.

So Wally messed up with HIC and also created this dark matter threat. As heroic as him sacrificing his humanity for it, and that scene was written extremely well, it's just Wally cleaning up his own mess.

I would have preferred as far as HIC that they at least would have just said Wally was corrupted or the whole thing was false rather then acknowledge that it was really Wally and he had to do penance for it.

Also I dont like the kids so not thrilled that they are back.

This is obviously not the end and we have more to come with Generation zero so I'm curious to see what comes and how this all will end so I'll leave my final judgement for that.

Over all though the series itself was a really fun one even if I would have preferred a different method of redemption or "fix" for Wally.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Some Flash Forward stuff :

- Brett Booth will make an exclusive cover for the TPB edition.

- Flash Forward will have an extended conclusion in The Flash #750.

- This extended conclusion will have extended pages in the Generation Zero FCBD.

Yes, it does sound like DLC in comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would Damian really befriend these two? Even Wallace isn't exactly his best mate.

I'd like to see Bart's reaction to their return (as things stand, Bart and Irey are both Impulse. Irey probably needs to know Bart's back using the name, which would explain her own name change, presumably to Kid Flash, which was Bart's name when Irey became the new Impulse), and Wallace's and the twins' reaction to each other's existence (if Irey's going to become Kid Flash, does that mean Wallace will take a new name? Or will there just be two Kid Flashes, like how Barry, Wally and Avery are all The Flash? And will the twins think that Wallace and Avery replaced them?).
    Damian could really use a funny foil since he's already got Jon as a wholesome foil. And, hey, why wouldn't Wally's kids take after him?

Also it was basically already in the works until DC, in their infinite witlessness, scrapped it. Just read this article: https://www.newsarama.com/17246-nick...irl-plans.html

It still bums me out we never got this story. Finally a proper team for Kara. Iris being included on a team. Static showing up! Damian being there but not as a out of his scope leader figure. It could've been so damn good.
    Last edited by Dred; 02-20-2020 at 05:24 PM.

That team was actually going to be Young Justice? I've seen that cover before, but given the timing, I thought it was meant to be Teen Titans - the existing series running at the time already had several of those characters (Blue Beetle, Miss Martian, Static, and Robin), and considering that series ended on #100, I can imagine it might have relaunched even if New 52 didn't happen.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Damian could really use a funny foil since he's already got Jon as a wholesome foil. And, hey, why wouldn't Wally's kids take after him?

Also it was basically already in the works until DC, in their infinite witlessness, scrapped it. Just read this article: https://www.newsarama.com/17246-nick...irl-plans.html

It still bums me out we never got this story. Finally a proper team for Kara. Iris being included on a team. Static showing up! Damian being there but not as a out of his scope leader figure. It could've been so damn good.
    Not that he really has that anymore...

Actually Damian and Jai would probably be gaming buddies. I could actually see those two getting along.