I just find it super hard to believe that texts from a far right wing shock jock are going to make the head of the DOJ say

"You know what? We have to raid the former presidents home during an election year based on what this guy said to get back documents that he has had for over a year and a half."

If Trump was going to sell them to say Russia the FBI would not need Texts From Alex Jones to tell them that. They have people who have ears on the group for this kind of thing in a normal case. I am sure they had someone keeping an eye on those channels and looking into that possibility on their own. The FBI and Law enforcement are not dumb. They would have heard of that and been looking into that before seeing some texts.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

And speaking of Alex Jones of course crazy Greene is defending him.

It is unfair to ruin him. Infro Wars is right most of the time Etc..
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just find it super hard to believe that texts from a far right wing shock jock are going to make the head of the DOJ say

"You know what? We have to raid the former presidents home during an election year based on what this guy said to get back documents that he has had for over a year and a half."

If Trump was going to sell them to say Russia the FBI would not need Texts From Alex Jones to tell them that. They have people who have ears on the group for this kind of thing in a normal case. I am sure they had someone keeping an eye on those channels and looking into that possibility on their own. The FBI and Law enforcement are not dumb. They would have heard of that and been looking into that before seeing some texts.
    That depends on what was in those texts. If it is say, smoking gun/confession level stuff, and also implicates someone of interest, they become a bombshell.

I'm not saying that's what it was, but it is ONE possibility that would explain things being accelerated. Of course, another possibility is that it took this long for the DoJ to have all their ducks in a row, and it just coincided with Alex Jones screwing up his own defense.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Agree. the DoJ has been investigating Trump's removal of documents since at least April, as NARA found that boxes were missing in January.

Linking this to Alex Jones seems like a conspiracy itself, which is ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That depends on what was in those texts. If it is say, smoking gun/confession level stuff, and also implicates someone of interest, they become a bombshell.

I'm not saying that's what it was, but it is ONE possibility that would explain things being accelerated. Of course, another possibility is that it took this long for the DoJ to have all their ducks in a row, and it just coincided with Alex Jones screwing up his own defense.
    Is it a possiblity? Yes but not a likely one.

When you go after the former president in a very public way like this The explanation on why they took this action better be more then

"Well you know that nut job that said Sandy Hook was fake? Yea we did it because of that guys texts!" You say that and you go from legitimate Law Enforcement to late night talk show joke in the blink of an eye.

I think it is like you said. They were taking a long time to get their ducks in a row.

To be honest I have my tin foil hat moment and think there is more going on here then the classified Documents. That the documents are the public cover for what they may have been really looking for.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

"Gestapo" is trending on twitter, so you know that conservatives are taking the news well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    "Gestapo" is trending on twitter, so you know that conservatives are taking the news well.
    Motherf***ers are just allergic to consequences to their illegal and immoral actions.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Motherf***ers are just allergic to consequences to their illegal and immoral actions.
    Also lots of speculation about Trump's hand picked FBI leader running an operation to plant fake evidence on Trump.

Sadly, conservatives are like sports fans when it comes to criminal investigations. If their side is under investigation, every single step is a witch hunt, and I'd the other side is under investigation, why aren't they in jail already, or better yet, death row. Liberals can be that way to a degree, but not anywhere near the same levels.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Its funny they keep saying this is the kind of thing that happens in Nazi Germany, or The Soviet Union.

Yet nether of those countries would have bothered with a legal warrant, And Trump would not be around to bitch and moan about what happened. He would be in some prison rotting till the end of days.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Two words: WOMP WOMP!

Conservatives can take a flying leap.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

It was not a raid. It was tourist visit but the FBI.

Also lots of speculation about Trump's hand picked FBI leader running an operation to plant fake evidence on Trump.
    Conspiracy theories? From those level-headed chaps? HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?

I mean, it, though. Republicans have broken down to have a complete victimhood about consequences of their own actions, and will do the stupid thing (crimes, for example) and expect that they're just always going to proceed along their agenda without any pushback.

When they got voted out of office, they deny it happened.
    When the public support the opposite side of issues from them overwhelmingly, they proceed to touch the third rails of politics and act surprised when they get shocked.
    When they get arrested, they're the real victims of conspiracies.
    They'll double down on touching a hot stove, and throw fits that they get burned each time they touch it, and blame the left for their hand being burnt.

They're ideologically broken. They've made themselves so willfully obstinate and unmalleable that they cannot functionally govern. At all.

And if you think I'm kidding, you have South Carolina Senator Tim Scott yelling yesterday about how "the left wants to abort babies at up to 52 weeks" (which for those doing the math, is 3 month old toddlers outside the womb)... and meanwhile South Carolina Congresswoman Nancy Mace, fresh off of holding off a challenge from Trump endorsed Katie Arrington, had the sound bite about abortion for Republicans that "The Handmaid's Tale should not be our road map".

It's not just Trump. It's not just Large Marje. It's not Gaetz, McCarthy, Jordan... the whole Republican Party has become too dysfunctional to do anything but spur people anxious about their place in society to do crimes on their behalf.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Conspiracy theories? From those level-headed chaps? HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?

I mean, it, though. Republicans have broken down to have a complete victimhood about consequences of their own actions, and will do the stupid thing (crimes, for example) and expect that they're just always going to proceed along their agenda without any pushback.

When they got voted out of office, they deny it happened.
    When the public support the opposite side of issues from them overwhelmingly, they proceed to touch the third rails of politics and act surprised when they get shocked.
    When they get arrested, they're the real victims of conspiracies.
    They'll double down on touching a hot stove, and throw fits that they get burned each time they touch it, and blame the left for their hand being burnt.

They're ideologically broken. They've made themselves so willfully obstinate and unmalleable that they cannot functionally govern. At all.

And if you think I'm kidding, you have South Carolina Senator Tim Scott yelling yesterday about how "the left wants to abort babies at up to 52 weeks" (which for those doing the math, is 3 month old toddlers outside the womb)... and meanwhile South Carolina Congresswoman Nancy Mace, fresh off of holding off a challenge from Trump endorsed Katie Arrington, had the sound bite about abortion for Republicans that "The Handmaid's Tale should not be our road map".

It's not just Trump. It's not just Large Marje. It's not Gaetz, McCarthy, Jordan... the whole Republican Party has become too dysfunctional to do anything but spur people anxious about their place in society to do crimes on their behalf.
    But But Emails... And Public servers... And Bengasi.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

American presidents are required by the Presidential Records Act (PRA) to transfer all of their letters, work documents and emails to the National Archives (NA). There are also other federal laws regarding the handling of classified documents. In February, the National Archives said it had retrieved 15 boxes of papers from Mar-a-Lago, which Mr Trump should have turned over when he left the White House.

Unfortunately from what I read, the FBI walked away with very little. They took far too long to do this. Trump had more than enough time to destroy any evidence