Page 165 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 651151551611621631641651661671681691752152656651165 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 33258

^that makes a lot of sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Thanks ImprobableQuestion, I knew there must have been something I was missing.
    I doubt those rumours are true, but I'll not reignite any discussion on it. Sounds like it got messy on Monday.

At least I now know what everyone was overreacting about.
    Thanks! Gotta say, that was the funniest thing I've ever typed looking at my profile pic.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Thanks ImprobableQuestion, I knew there must have been something I was missing.
    I doubt those rumours are true, but I'll not reignite any discussion on it. Sounds like it got messy on Monday.

At least I now know what everyone was overreacting about.
    Messy? It was like a never ending train wreck, once looked at it would take an iron will to turn away, I think I got eight pages in before I pried myself away. I could see marvel rebooting -God help us- but I don't think they'd get rid of the X-Men unless they wanted the PR nightmare that would erupt from eliminating a line of comics that was supposed represent the struggles of minorities and the LGTB community. And as someone mentioned before RR was actually pretty fair to Cyclops in Avenge the Earth so I doubt they'd go the villain route for him in Axis. All signs in story point to the greater marvel universe stop treating Scott as a scape goat for all their ills. Regarding the Captain America in the Avenger solicits I heard that it's supposed to be the Falcon taking up his friend's mantle.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    World peace? Eff that! It rustles too many feathers and Cyke's a villain for even attempting it!
    I know. PhoenixClops must've done some truly terrible things off-panel to piss off MU!Obama. Maybe he cut down every US citizen's monthly bandwidth use by 5% or something?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I know. PhoenixClops must've done some truly terrible things off-panel to piss off MU!Obama. Maybe he cut down every US citizen's monthly bandwidth use by 5% or something?
    It's canon that MU!US Secretary hates PhoenixClops because he turned an abandoned US army base in a third world country into a school. MU!Obama, though? Wasn't it something along the lines that the X-Men didn't sacrifice enough to be solving world hunger and ending wars?

It's canon that MU!US Secretary hates PhoenixClops because he turned an abandoned US army base in a third world country into a school.
    That will never not be funny. No More Schools!

MU!Obama, though? Wasn't it something along the lines that the X-Men didn't sacrifice enough to be solving world hunger and ending wars?
    Actually, it was something along the lines of MU!Obama lamenting the fact that nobody could check the X-Men. 'Cause Crazy!Evil folks who try to solve world hunger and end wars have to be checked.

Mighty Member

That will never not be funny. No More Schools!

Actually, it was something along the lines of MU!Obama lamenting the fact that nobody could check the X-Men. 'Cause Crazy!Evil folks who try to solve world hunger and end wars have to be checked.
    Ah, gotcha. I remembered it wrong.

At least MU!Obama is consistent with all government portrayal, even after the flimsy award he gave Scott for essentially surviving Second Coming: never trust those evil mutants!

Maybe MU!Obama found out about Scott throwing away that medal?

Mighty Member

Maybe MU!Obama found out about Scott throwing away that medal?
    Meh. MU!Obama should have given him a puppy instead.

Meh. MU!Obama should have given him a puppy instead.
    I like to think MU!Obama knows better. I mean, Pax Utopia would've totally happened if Cyclops had been flanked by Pom-X rather than Emma, Namor, Illyana and Piotr.

Mighty Member

I like to think MU!Obama knows better. I mean, Pax Utopia would've totally happened if Cyclops had been flanked by Pom-X rather than Emma, Namor, Illyana and Piotr.
    Phoenix!Pom-X.

Kneel before its blazing furry!

Phoenix!Pom-X.

Kneel before its blazing furry!
    Phoenix!Pom-X attempts to bring about world peace:

Floods Wakanda:

Strikes down Xavier:

Last edited by elgrey; 06-25-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    Strikes down Xavier:

Dear lord, Pom-X almost killed me! I guess now I know why even Cyke can't tell if he really killed Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Is a mixture of the solicit from UXM 26
    • Scott Summers has swiftly become one of the world’s most wanted men.

• With one simple act, he destroyed the life he knew and must now remain constantly vigilant in case of attack.

• But is the greatest threat to his safety lurking within the dark recesses of his own mind?

And Remender saying that Scott was going to be in Axis
    Thank you very much for the explanation, Maxi! Everything is a lot clearer now. I just gave up because nothing anyone was saying was making any sense to me. At least now I know where that was all coming from although I don't actually see how they got from those solicits to anything other than Scott feels bad about killing Xavier: The Saga Continues.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    People are just overreacting about Marvel supposed plans with the FF and they think that they will cancel the X-men comics, which would make them lose a huge amount of money because of the supposed strategy (and an incredibly pathetic one btw) to get back the movie rights, when that would most likely make Fox get more involved in the X-men saga because they would be the only ones making X-men stories, so imagine the amount of money that would make them, they seem to think that Marvel is ruled by 15 years old teenagers that don't want to share their toys and prefer to burn them than to share them, instead of being part of one of the biggest companies in the world who have been increasing their earning like crazy because of their incredibly good market strategy
    Yeah, none of that made any sense to me whatsoever which was why I gave up on the thread. Thank you for reassuring me! I'm glad to hear that it made no sense to me because it, in fact, made no sense, not that I'd just suffered some kind of brain injury and not realized it. I think cc008 summed up everything the most succinctly:

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    In two words: Overreaction Monday.
    Now, back to our regularly scheduled Scott Summers wears tight spandex and broods a lot appreciation:

Mighty Member

Spliced this wallpaper together back when I still had time:

Didn't have a nifty caption for it though...

And it distinctly lacks Pom-X.