Page 202 of 270 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 4044

More soon.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Never cared for the finger stripes, but this fits right in line with the Dixon era nostalgia the run is going for. It is copying so much from that run. I would have preferred something more unique and change up the entire look over just reverting to something that feels dated and translates really poorly to live action. Feels like a wasted opportunity to me not to try something new. I still think that one suit they had him in for the dumb Titans future state thing with the gold was better. Seeing some other colors added felt fresh to me. It also got rid of the bird head on the front too which I don't care for, lol.
    Last edited by Badou; 10-14-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I'll be honest... I didn't even notice the finger stripes until I read the tweet.

I wasn't expecting anything that dramatic but I also noticed Dick's butt over the finger stripes .

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Redondo
    Full suit design (saving some detail). Yes, it might be the less brave Re-design I ever did, but don’t believe in fix something that’s not broken… but mixing different stages details with some self adjustments here and there? Dick’s way @TomTaylorMade @DCComics #Nightwing

DETECTIVE COMICS #1050

On sale January 25th is the landmark, oversize Detective Comics Issue #1050, part four of the twelve part weekly SHADOWS OF THE BAT EVENT, featuring some of the biggest names in comics, like Mark Waid (THE FLASH), Dan Mora (DETECTIVE COMICS), Mariko Tamaki (DETECTIVE COMICS), Matthew Rosenberg (TASK FORCE Z), and Fernando Blanco (CATWOMAN).

First up is “The Tower” part four, the dramatic conclusion to Mariko Tamaki’s Arkham Tower epic, with art by Ivan Reis. The villainous force keeping Arkham Tower’s patients sedated is at last revealed—and this villain’s return is guaranteed to catch you by surprise. The issue also includes part four of “House of Gotham” by Matthew Rosenberg and Fernando Blanco, taking fans into the seedy underbelly of Gotham’s criminal elite through the lens of the Dick Grayson, and reveal what it takes for a young man to survive amongst the deadliest killers in the DC Universe. It’s a tour de force of Gotham’s vilest villains!
    Last edited by Drako; 10-14-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Not sure I’d call that a redesign, but hey every new costume has been so minuscule in difference to the finger stripe suit I never really saw the point of them. Never understood sticking with the same general look but just cutting out more and more of the signature bits. If they aren’t really going to do a new look, then just stick with the popular look proper.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-14-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Yeah, he moved the blue lines from his legs to his arms to just reuse the Dixon era costume again, lol.

The finger stripes are one thing, but there is so much solid black from the mid chest down all the way to the feet. It just looks so top heavy to me with all the color being from the mid chest up and in the arms with him looking so naked below that. I dunno. We've talked about this for years now but I'd love for them to really experiment with something fresh for his costume. I don't get why they don't. They do it with so many other Batman family characters and if the new costume sucks they can just go back to the other one. Not like they are married to one design. Tim got that awful new costume in Young Justice when he was going by Drake and they scrapped it in just a handful of issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Lol they are having too much fun

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DETECTIVE COMICS #1050

On sale January 25th is the landmark, oversize Detective Comics Issue #1050, part four of the twelve part weekly SHADOWS OF THE BAT EVENT, featuring some of the biggest names in comics, like Mark Waid (THE FLASH), Dan Mora (DETECTIVE COMICS), Mariko Tamaki (DETECTIVE COMICS), Matthew Rosenberg (TASK FORCE Z), and Fernando Blanco (CATWOMAN).

First up is “The Tower” part four, the dramatic conclusion to Mariko Tamaki’s Arkham Tower epic, with art by Ivan Reis. The villainous force keeping Arkham Tower’s patients sedated is at last revealed—and this villain’s return is guaranteed to catch you by surprise. The issue also includes part four of “House of Gotham” by Matthew Rosenberg and Fernando Blanco, taking fans into the seedy underbelly of Gotham’s criminal elite through the lens of the Dick Grayson, and reveal what it takes for a young man to survive amongst the deadliest killers in the DC Universe. It’s a tour de force of Gotham’s vilest villains!
    Okay look

I always like the sleekness and simplicity of Nightwing costume... but this one has such symmetry that the bird beak immediately stands out.

It shouldn't have the bird beak as the sole exception of the symmetry. This is gonna bug me.

88 Variant

Extraordinary Member

88 Variant
    Wooo Valentine’s Day is gonna be fun

88 Variant
    Cute cover .

(Also...butts ).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I wanted to say Dick should really get going on fixing his apartment, but then I remember, it will get a shoot out with the mafia in #87 so might as well leave it that way

Love the "new" suit. Been waiting for the return of the finger stripes and the removal of the calf stripes for a long time.

I even like the eagle head throwing off the symmetry. It's intentionally asymmetrical, made to draw the eye to the emblem. Works for me; that's the kind of design sensibility that gets your logo on lunch boxes.

Not as big on the variant cover. It's beautiful and perfectly rendered by Campbell, who remains one of the industry's best talents, but I hate Dick and Babs being together so much. Like, I hate them as a couple as much as Dean Cain hates Jon Kent being bisexual.

Still, I have no real complaints here. Taylor and the art team continue to churn out a wonderful Dixon redux, and while it's not the Nightwing story I would write, and it's not a status quo I want, it's still the best this book has been in many years and I'm still (mostly) satisfied. More now with the "new" costume.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Best part about the new costume is that he took this **** off. I absolutely hate this belt thingy.