Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Sounds like DC is falling apart! Sensation was one of the few books I actually subscribed to! Isn't Lobdell the one that had Starfire sleep with both Red Hood and Arsenal? That might explain a lot if these allegations are true. I like the New52, but this is ridiculous!

I'm bummed that some of the creators that I really enjoyed won't get to do follow-up Sensation stories. I was fond of that early story about how Diana got her bracelets...and the one where Dr. Psycho made Diana believe she was losing her powers...and the one where she took on Ares that was a spin-off from Rucka's run...and the one with the art by Garcia-Lopez...
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    After processing it, I can't say that I'm too surprised it got cancelled. Some of the stories were very hammy in its feminist portrayals (and this is coming from a huuuge feminist), focusing on the aspect of woman first and wonder second. I would've liked to see more stories with Diana battling Cheetah, Ares, Circe, Giganta, etc. rather than aggressively telling some bigoted man not to treat her like a piece of meat. Obviously there were some fantastic stories, though, and I'm really looking forward to the Diana/Barbara team-up finale.

If it's permanently replaced by Wonder Woman '77, then I would not complain one bit.
    Finally someone says it! Besides that, I think that a lot of the art/stories presented in this series were just not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    the problem is not that a worker is valuable, there is another 400 competent people hungry to be at his place.
    the problem is companies just don't care for women being sexually harassed.
    these women won at court?
    They settled out of court.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Astonishing Member

This is disappointing news.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    This is disappointing news.
    I would be interested to hear exactly why DC feels like ending these titles is the correct move.

These anthology titles tend to not last that long anyway. The Batman and Superman ones both ended quite out of the blue as well (the batman one even stopped doing them in print before it got cancelled). Maybe they'll do an anthology book for somebody else soon to fill out their digital first schedule since they seem to do one a day.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Yeah, its pretty par for course in regards to the lifespan of these digital-first anthology series. I know that doesn't exactly make it better for those who will miss it, but, what might make you feel better is that also par for course, something similar will probably take its place.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Finally someone says it! Besides that, I think that a lot of the art/stories presented in this series were just not very good.
    I'm pretty sure I mentioned it at least once.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I'm really sad to see this book end but I can agree that the stories were very hit or miss, just like any other anthology series. It was still the only readable Wonder Woman I could get before Wonder Woman '77 came out.

The highlight for me was the story featured in the digital chapters #23-24, “Wonder World” by James Tynion IV and Noelle Stevenson. Chapter #22 "The Problem With Cats" by Lauren Beukes and Mike Maihack was pretty fun, too. That's the kind of story that I wish we could've seen more of instead of all the war stories and such.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I would be interested to hear exactly why DC feels like ending these titles is the correct move.
    the editor just said that it was ending as it was planned. I really would like to see this anthology go more issues, like batman that had more than 70 issues and a black & white anthology.
    It's awful because the only other book with a good wonder woman is JL, her solo is a mess.
    there is 77 that come out twice a year at least

Very unfortunate news since Sensation Comics and Wonder Woman 77 were the only Wonder Woman books I was buying regularly from DCl, but I'm also not surprised. It's an unfortunate reality in this industry that women aren't given the same level of respect, both real and fictional.

Alex de Campi is a writer I feel should be writing Wonder Woman in the mainstream universe since she actually understands the character and is a good fit for developing her narrative. (I can't say the same for Meredith Finch). I've really enjoyed her work for Dark Horse and it makes me sad someone like her isn't being offered more work at DC. She is a good storyteller. I can't say I'm surprised she's among the "black-listed" since the current management at DC has succeeded in alienating their more progressive writers over the course of four years. Sad but not surprised.

Incredible Member

Well that just sucks. Can't find another way to say it. Sensation was a constant surprise and I will severely miss it.

Incredible Member

Default Cassie's Parentage pre-NU52?

So I was rereading one of Phil's last issues on Wonder Woman and the arc about Cassie's father made me stop and go, "hey wait - how did that resolve itself?" She essentially tracks him down in person and it's very awkward.

...but I don't have all the issues with me and can't remember if he admits to *not* being her father because.... *SPOILER ALERT* it is later revealed to be Zeus, right?

So was that a retcon? How did they explain the father she tracked down?
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; 09-20-2015 at 06:58 PM. Reason: MOD PLEASE DELETE

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wasn't always thrilled with every story that was presented in Sensation as someone above said, they did come across as severely heavy handed and preachy towards feminism...but on the other hand it was certainly the most readable version of Wonder Woman put out on a monthly basis other than JL.

As for the alleged and allowed harassment...and yes it is considered to be allowed if the people perpetrating it aren't removed, which with the current regime at DC and the current EIC is Bob Harras who was also in charge of Marvel when Lobdell was a major player. So it would seem a lot of the allowed interactions would fall under his purview and a good ol' boy system of buddies.