View Poll Results: Who needs a break in 2019?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • X23 (aka New Wolverine)

21 15.67%
  • Colossus

7 5.22%
  • Iceman

12 8.96%
  • Domino

4 2.99%
  • Kitty Pryde

72 53.73%
  • Sabretooth

13 9.70%
  • Old Man Logan

43 32.09%
  • Havok

7 5.22%
  • Beast

22 16.42%
  • X (the reborn Xavier)

22 16.42%
  • Jean Grey

15 11.19%
  • Magneto

9 6.72%
  • Honey Badger

41 30.60%
  • Glob Herman

39 29.10%
  • Other (name in thread)

14 10.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

For those that voted Jean. Miss me with that ish.
    The girl just came back from a 14 years hiatus.

I voted Kitty n Gabby.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They are overexposed.
    And that hurts line-up diversity. For instance, Nightcrawler and Storm being in both Gold and Red means not twn but four spots taken in teams while other characters are in limbo.
    And often overexposition leads to characters being bad and boring because writers don't know what to do with them anymore.
    This results in Beast being ruined, Angel being blue/pink/blue/good/evil/good/metal/feather, Iceman learning his true potential every 5 years, Xavier having a dark secret revealed every 5 years too...
    This is such a false assumption whenever people try to use this in their arguments. Theres no telling that Taylor would have replaced his already bloated cast with other characters had Kurt and Storm not been in Red. They didnt factor in any signifcant capacity so the few panel time they got may have been given to flesh out Gentle and Trinary more or develop Jean's relationship with her team more. We dont know. The number of appearnces doesnt matter; its if the writer does anything meaningful with them. The X-kids actually do make alot of appearances for example, but its nothing to marvel at

Reactionary writing. Reactionary character development. Any and all post-Morrison attempts at Morrison-izing today's X-Men in a brilliant "NEW" way. Please stop that.

There's a engendered violence and self destructive cybernetic self consuming control in modern X-Books. An offensive defensiveness that plots from plate glass windows these flatscreen politics of projected worth. Projected worth is just light for shadows...not depth.

Essentially using characters as fast fashions, retro mashups...open flannels with skinny pre-destroyed jeans and big bluetooth headphones...

The non-statements about a missing non-exsistant and exiled immediate shames and/or shams nostalgia and saps growth of vitality...

That said.

Everything is post-punk.

It'd be great to give this endless war a break. Let it go.

Get rid of the idea that being a mutant in any meaningful way means being a trained combatant in the X-Men guerrilla war machine.

There are other means for resistance. The are other expressions for group identity. All these code names and patriarchal boot camp trauma bondings...I'm tired of it. There is no Danger Room if the room isn't made to be dangerous.

Having unique powers shouldn't have to mean becoming a BEAUTIFUL SHINY WEAPON...regardless of who one is pointed at...it shouldn't have to be that way.

Give that a break please.
    Last edited by sungila; 12-03-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Kitty, Iceman and Glob

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Reactionary writing. Reactionary character development. Any and all post-Morrison attempts at Morrison-izing today's X-Men in a brilliant "NEW" way. Please stop that.

There's a engendered violence and self destructive cybernetic self consuming control in modern X-Books. An offensive defensiveness that plots from plate glass windows these flatscreen politics of projected worth. Projected worth is just light for shadows...not depth.

Essentially using characters as fast fashions, retro mashups...open flannels with skinny pre-destroyed jeans and big bluetooth headphones...

The non-statements about a missing non-exsistant and exiled immediate shames and/or shams nostalgia and saps growth of vitality...

That said.

Everything is post-punk.

It'd be great to give this endless war a break. Let it go.

Get rid of the idea that being a mutant in any meaningful way means being a trained combatant in the X-Men guerrilla war machine.

There are other means for resistance. The are other expressions for group identity. All these code names and patriarchal boot camp trauma bondings...I'm tired of it. There is no Danger Room if the room isn't made to be dangerous.

Having unique powers shouldn't have to mean becoming a BEAUTIFUL SHINY WEAPON...regardless of who one is pointed at...it shouldn't have to be that way.

Give that a break please.
    Superhero comics might not be for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Why is Storm not on this list? Earlier this year other than Kitty she would have been the only one applicable.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Why is Storm not on this list? Earlier this year other than Kitty she would have been the only one applicable.
    I wouldn't call what Storm's getting a 'push' or 'focus.'

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I wouldn't call what Storm's getting a 'push' or 'focus.'
    No, but she does need a break... or did. She got a push and focus right after Secret Wars and then it failed and then her character was relegated to... nothingness, basically. If it hadn't been for Taylor and the writers of Uncanny she'd probably still be in the same place, and would need a break to be able to later come back rejuvenated.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

No, but she does need a break... or did. She got a push and focus right after Secret Wars and then it failed and then her character was relegated to... nothingness, basically. If it hadn't been for Taylor and the writers of Uncanny she'd probably still be in the same place, and would need a break to be able to later come back rejuvenated.
    But that's the thing. Why give a break to a character who's just come out of an era of doing nothing? She had one arc in Gold, one that she had to split with Kitty and Magik. With Kitty, she was actively doing things that pissed people off and I can see people wanting her gone for a little while. Ororo hasn't done too much of anything in Gold or Red, so her coming to the forefront in Uncanny with Jean is much needed.

But that's the thing. Why give a break to a character who's just come out of an era of doing nothing? She had one arc in Gold, one that she had to split with Kitty and Magik. With Kitty, she was actively doing things that pissed people off and I can see people wanting her gone for a little while. Ororo hasn't done too much of anything in Gold or Red, so her coming to the forefront in Uncanny with Jean is much needed.
    Oh I'm not arguing that her sharing spotlight with Jean is necessary - in fact I was saying that before that she could have used some time away with a writer that knew what they were doing with her or not appearing at all to be able to come back into the books rejuvenated back to how Ororo should have acted. Like I said, Taylor, Rosenberg, Brisson, and Thompson were much needed for Ororo.

Oh I'm not arguing that her sharing spotlight with Jean is necessary - in fact I was saying that before that she could have used some time away with a writer that knew what they were doing with her or not appearing at all to be able to come back into the books rejuvenated back to how Ororo should have acted. Like I said, Taylor, Rosenberg, Brisson, and Thompson were much needed for Ororo.
    She was appearing in Black Panther concurrently with Gold. In hindsight, that should have been her only home

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was appearing in Black Panther concurrently with Gold. In hindsight, that should have been her only home
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

BANNED

There's no one in particular that I feel has just been imposed on the franchise the past couple years.

Keep everybody going, I figure. Just emphasize the folks that haven't been used often in the last few years.

Cyke still needs a break, but other than that we're looking decent.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Xavier having a dark secret revealed every 5 years too...
    This aint nothing but pure laziness and lack of imagination.

You know a guy's a hack when he does an evil Xavier story.

And Jean desperately needs characters to bounce off of besides the one obvious guy. We only JUST started getting panel time with Jean and Storm together.

Storm needs a push, if anything. And we only have two black characters as it is.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 12-03-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Kitty, her push actually damaged her character, sadly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    There's no one in particular that I feel has just been imposed on the franchise the past couple years.

Keep everybody going, I figure. Just emphasize the folks that haven't been used often in the last few years.

Cyke still needs a break, but other than that we're looking decent.

This aint nothing but pure laziness and lack of imagination.

You know a guy's a hack when he does an evil Xavier story.

And Jean desperately needs characters to bounce off of besides the one obvious guy. We only JUST started getting panel time with Jean and Storm together.

Storm needs a push, if anything. And we only have two black characters as it is.
    Two obvious guys.