Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Humans aren't threatening mutants these days. The true threat is the terrigen mists.
    Tell that to the Someday Corporation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    None of that means that he conducted himself incompetently when he was a villain. A person can give their all and still not succeed, and it doesn't make their efforts incompetent. The X-Men have been fighting for mutant/human coexistence for years and have failed, so does that make their all of their efforts incompetent? Or did they simply fail? So thanks for the would-be lesson on symbolism, but it really wasn't necessary.
    It also doesn't mean he didn't act incompetently or that he saw his way and methodology as one big giant screw up. The X-men have screwed up a ton that doesn't mean they should not fight for the dream or that there haven't been successes. Magneto's successes are failures.

BANNED

Tell that to the Someday Corporation.
    Exodus is running that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think he's doing a good job for mutants in Uncanny, and this time around (in a couple of months) we will see STORM and her team coming to his side. What Magneto always feared turned out to be true. They have to go to war for their survival, and no one is going to help them.
    Tell that to the healers, and people he released or his team. If Storm wasn't there they all would have died.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Exodus is running that.

Reading comprehension....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Exodus is running that.
    Exodus co-opted the mutants they captured. Says so right on the panel where he makes his appearance.

BANNED

It also doesn't mean he didn't act incompetently or that he saw his way and methodology as one big giant screw up. The X-men have screwed up a ton that doesn't mean they should not fight for the dream or that there haven't been successes. Magneto's successes are failures.
    From one perspective, his successes are failures. But "it doesn't mean he didn't act incompetently" is not a defense. You said that Magneto was leaning on Storm due to his incompetency as a villain, and I have yet to see you actually prove that assertion. So, having said all that, let's just move on.

BANNED

From one perspective, his successes are failures. But "it doesn't mean he didn't act incompetently" is not a defense. You said that Magneto was leaning on Storm due to his incompetency as a villain, and I have yet to see you actually prove that assertion. So, having said all that, let's just move on.
    I did through the symbolism argument but you reject that so yeah I am done trying to show you.

BANNED

Exodus co-opted the mutants they captured. Says so right on the panel where he makes his appearance.
    He's still running it and using mutants as weapons.

BANNED

I did through the symbolism argument but you reject that so yeah I am done trying to show you.
    I rejected it because the symbolism argument did not apply. There's a difference between employing a certain methodology and failing for (reasons), and employing a certain methodology and failing because you're bad at it.

BANNED

He's still running it and using mutants as weapons.
    He isn't running Someday. He hijacked their mutants and repurposed them. He does not refer to Someday as something under his control. Are we reading the same book?

Magneto fans are funny. Your lord and savior relies on his teammates whenever he knows he can't get the job done. First it was Storm and then it became Cyclops. Your megalomaniac works better when he falls in line and follows someone else.
    be a little more condescending. I'm sure that you'll win people over that way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    be a little more condescending. I'm sure that you'll win people over that way.
    It's ok when folks are more than condescending to me but when I respond back it's a problem, really?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hitler was passionate.
    so was Martin Luther King jr. are you comparing the latter to Hitler?

It's ok when folks are more than condescending to me but when I respond back it's a problem, really?
    really? you're using the "they did it first" defense? is this grade school?