Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Justice had several good ones:

Aquaman vs Brainiac
    Hawkman & Hawkgirl vs Toyman
    Atom vs Giganta
    Elongated Man vs Clayface
    I forgot about those. Atom/Giganta was especially fun. But my favorite was the nasty surprise [the real] Captain Marvel and Superman laid on Black Adam, Bizarro and (most especially) The Parasite.

Superman vs. Black Adam.

I tend to be of the belief that Zod (while and awesome villain) shouldn't REALLY be a threat to Superman. He has all the exact same powers but only gets the experience for a matter of days before Superman toss him back into phantom zone or wherever... Superman has trained with these powers his whole life and should be second to none...

But Black Adam?? Black Adam is a solid physical threat. Just as Fast, Just as Strong, Just as tough... but NOT kryptonian. He can't use the same kind of weaknesses against Adam and it's just a really FUN throwdown any time it happens. They're so similar.... and yet NOT the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I forgot about those. Atom/Giganta was especially fun. But my favorite was the nasty surprise [the real] Captain Marvel and Superman laid on Black Adam, Bizarro and (most especially) The Parasite.
    I gotta say I LOVED the way Superman got his butt HANDED to him in that fight. Every time I see Superman lose a fight my first thought was "Yeah right... He could have XXXXX and won easily...) But Seeing him get ambushed by Parasite, Bizzaro and Grundy... My first thought was "Yeah... ummm… yeah, that could be bad... This is legit!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Superman vs. Black Adam.

I tend to be of the belief that Zod (while and awesome villain) shouldn't REALLY be a threat to Superman. He has all the exact same powers but only gets the experience for a matter of days before Superman toss him back into phantom zone or wherever... Superman has trained with these powers his whole life and should be second to none...

But Black Adam?? Black Adam is a solid physical threat. Just as Fast, Just as Strong, Just as tough... but NOT kryptonian. He can't use the same kind of weaknesses against Adam and it's just a really FUN throwdown any time it happens. They're so similar.... and yet NOT the same.
    See I don't think that way. Zod is a lifelong soldier trained to kill his enemy by any means necessary. Experience with powers (and longer term exposure to yellow solar radiation) are helpful to Kal, difference in morals quite another.

As for Black Adam, I think Superman's sensory powers give him an advantage here.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    See I don't think that way. Zod is a lifelong soldier trained to kill his enemy by any means necessary. Experience with powers (and longer term exposure to yellow solar radiation) are helpful to Kal, difference in morals quite another.

As for Black Adam, I think Superman's sensory powers give him an advantage here.
    Plus there's that whole Hurricane Breath and Laser Beam Stare thing that SHAZAM didn't give his groupies. Of course, Kryptonians can't call magic-infused lightning either.

Still, I actually don't like Superman/Black Adam matches. They make for interesting collisions to be sure, but there are some villains that just exclusively belong to a given hero, and Black Adam is one of those. Justice worked because both of the principles were there, and it was used as a really neat plot twist.

Just think how often they try to throw origin stories at us though. How did Clark first learn to fly... how often did his speed get away from him and he overshot his destination by a state or two... How often did his heatvision burn down a barn... They love giving us those origin stories about how Clark had to master his abilities... And now he is truly a master of them and can do a dozen different power stunts with each ability. Zod on the other hand... he's starting from scratch. whatever skill he has with guns and swords is completely irrelevant and he should be back to crashing into walls and crushing people without trying. It's like a brand new telepath going up against Professor X... He's just outclassed. Zod should have him in hand-to-hand fighting for sure... but in zoom really fast, grab his cape/boots and hurl him into the moon.... Clark's the only one trained to be SUPER....

I agree. It's usually why I give Superman the victory over Captain Marvel 9 out of 10 times. That said... if Heat vision counter the lightning bolts... I don't know how much hearing, x-ray vision, microscopic vision, etc. are going to turn the tide when Adam is throwing a train at him. Freeze breath has potential.. But unlike Doomsday or Bizarro… Adam isn't an idiot. He has all the strength, speed, flight, endurance but isn't likely to fall for stupid tricks. Superman still wins... but it's a fun fight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I gotta say I LOVED the way Superman got his butt HANDED to him in that fight. Every time I see Superman lose a fight my first thought was "Yeah right... He could have XXXXX and won easily...) But Seeing him get ambushed by Parasite, Bizzaro and Grundy... My first thought was "Yeah... ummm… yeah, that could be bad... This is legit!"
    Agree. That was an amazing ambush of the Man of Steel. (sigh) I wish all DC Comics could be written and illustrated as great as Justice. Even if it were bi-monthly like Justice, it would be worth the wait.

Riddler v. Impulse in Impulse #48. Riddler cannot handle someone who doesn't play by his rules.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Cyborg vs Kilg%re
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Goldface vs the Flash in THE FLASH 315 - 317 (November, December 1982, January 1983).
    I actually just re-read that this past week. I'm going through all my old comics, and I only have a small number from pre-Crisis, but most of them are Flash, including these.

I always liked Peter David's non-Kryptonian Supergirl series from the '90s. Here she is with Gorilla Grodd, in the early issues where she was still having an identity crisis:

Supergirl_Vol_4_4.jpg

Extraordinary Member

This may be cheating since it's not one hero but a group of heroes, but I liked the Super Friends against Flash's rogue the Mirror Master

Incredible Member

Dolphin vs. Lord Satanis.

Swamp Thing vs. Solomon Grundy.

This may be a cheat too... but I LOVED when Green Lantern fought Flash... who was in reality Reverse Flash, but at the time that wasn't revealed yet. So technically he was fighting someone else's rogue :P

Deathstroke (even tho he's more of an anti-villain) vs Black Manta

John Stewart confronting and recruiting General Zod

Teen Titans vs Holocaust from Milestone
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Cyborg vs Cheetah
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.