Page 295 of 626 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 9381

Do people really think the rectangle is over with Scott and Jean back together? If for anything it's going to prolong with Wolverine and Emma on the team.

I would believe it's over if none of them were interested in each other.

Anyways Jean in her Marvel Girl costume is a huge blow to her character. Also she's back with Cyclops. They might as well put her in mom jeans.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think Hickman was going for the fact that Marvel Girl is one of Jean's iconic codenames, and is even literally the one she's used most recently: on top of that this is the first time that Jean has been defined with a codename since the first season of Supergirl, which made it a point to establish that codename as something not entirely defined by age or maturity levels. Which is true. After all, there are grown ass women that still refer to themselves (not immaturely, mind) as 'girls.'
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

She keeps dying and coming back. She can be Phoenix without being cosmic.

Yeah, she's no longer associated with the Phoenix since she has been portrayed a victim of it for quite some time. She got interesting after she got the Phoenix, and it was interesting to see a woman with so much power have it under control. Too bad they got rid of it.

Have only skimmed through UXM 22 but WOW! *That* page! What a reunion haha. I’ve seen some fans on the web expressing their disappointment over the Jott kiss but honestly, the kiss was to be expected and was looong overdue! Bar their small interaction in PR, they’re both alive again, reunited after both being dead for long periods of time, both have been alive while the other has been dead and they’ve both felt what it’s like to grieve for a deceased lover and to wish so badly for each other to be alive once more, to touch, to talk. This kiss in no way confirms the resurrection of their relationship. We’ll have to wait till HoX to see how things have progressed between them romantically. But yeah, Scott and Jean have so much history, bad and good, but this was a special moment I think for many Jean and Scott fans and X-Men fans in general to treasure. Excited to see what the future holds for their relationship, be it romantic or just as close friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Yeah, she's no longer associated with the Phoenix since she has been portrayed a victim of it for quite some time. She got interesting after she got the Phoenix, and it was interesting to see a woman with so much power have it under control. Too bad they got rid of it.
    The way this is written implies that Jean has never been interesting without the Phoenix Force, which is - to be frank - false. When they first brought her back in X-Factor it was interesting to see her handle everything the Phoenix had done and to see her take the lead for the first time in basically ever, and then when she was revived for X-Men Red how she handled being dead for so long and how the world had changed. That's all without the Phoenix Force.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The way this is written implies that Jean has never been interesting without the Phoenix Force, which is - to be frank - false. When they first brought her back in X-Factor it was interesting to see her handle everything the Phoenix had done and to see her take the lead for the first time in basically ever, and then when she was revived for X-Men Red how she handled being dead for so long and how the world had changed. That's all without the Phoenix Force.
    Dude, I'm talking about BEFORE the 70s when everyone was written as Boy and Girl. (Everyone was boring then.) Her character got interesting AFTER she got the Phoenix Force in the 70s. Chill.

Dude, I'm talking about BEFORE the 70s when everyone was written as Boy and Girl. (Everyone was boring then.) Her character got interesting AFTER she got the Phoenix Force in the 70s. Chill.
    Then maybe state your intention better and not get aggressive for no good reason when someone questions you on it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "Too bad they got rid of it" implies that Jean's never been interesting without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Have only skimmed through UXM 22 but WOW! *That* page! What a reunion haha. I’ve seen some fans on the web expressing their disappointment over the Jott kiss but honestly, the kiss was to be expected and was looong overdue! Bar their small interaction in PR, they’re both alive again, reunited after both being dead for long periods of time, both have been alive while the other has been dead and they’ve both felt what it’s like to grieve for a deceased lover and to wish so badly for each other to be alive once more, to touch, to talk. This kiss in no way confirms the resurrection of their relationship. We’ll have to wait till HoX to see how things have progressed between them romantically. But yeah, Scott and Jean have so much history, bad and good, but this was a special moment I think for many Jean and Scott fans and X-Men fans in general to treasure. Excited to see what the future holds for their relationship, be it romantic or just as close friends.
    Covers and Mrs Grey are a huge clue to the status of the couple.

I also had my doubts when JDW said that Bishop and Jean was only because Jean never had any other relationship. it only becaomes a problem when your intention is getting Jean and scott together

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Thoughts on Jean's showings today:
    - Age of X-Man was just boring and a complete disappointment.
    - Despite the disaster of Rosenberg's Uncanny run, I admit I really enjoyed that Scott and Jean reunion and how it effectively kills the Rectangle.
    - The Hickman preview definitely has me excited, although there was one thing I wish Hickman had done. If she was going start using a codename again, he could have at least changed it to Marvel Woman instead of going back to Marvel Girl. (Meanwhile, Sue Storm-Richards changed from the Invisible Girl to Invisible Woman like over 30 years ago.) Anyway, I'll keep an open mind to see where he'll take her.
    That was a good transition because I don't even remember invisible girl

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Do you think that if Jean had not seen Scott, she would have decided to stay in Nate's world? Some X-men really were not against Nate's world and wanted to stay but Jean insisted on returning.
    No. She was team returning from the beginning, and mentioned that they need to help all the mutants in the real world, unlike the AOXM ones that aren't real.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No. She was team returning from the beginning, and mentioned that they need to help all the mutants in the real world, unlike the AOXM ones that aren't real.
    They are real, they just didn't need her help. Nate lays it all out flat for them: the world, the reality, the people were all real.

Do people really think the rectangle is over with Scott and Jean back together? If for anything it's going to prolong with Wolverine and Emma on the team.

I would believe it's over if none of them were interested in each other.

Anyways Jean in her Marvel Girl costume is a huge blow to her character. Also she's back with Cyclops. They might as well put her in mom jeans.
    The rectangle will continue to exist I have no doubt. Marvel won't remain on it's best behavior for long. Sooner or later some shenanigans will occur.

As for the "mom jeans", well she's been a mom since the 80's. I think she's earned it. Hell, Scott's been in dad jean's since the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    They are real, they just didn't need her help. Nate lays it all out flat for them: the world, the reality, the people were all real.
    And Jean later says that while they feel real, they are just constructs. The beings there arent actual real people

I want Marvel to treat Jean and Scott like Sue and Reed. Sometimes, Namor or Doom find themselves in the middle but they still ultimately go back to each other.