View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 854 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3547548048448508518528538548558568578588649049541354 ... LastLast
Results 12,796 to 12,810 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I personally wouldnt bother picking up the old printings of volume 2 and 3, the chance of reprints are quite high combined with the fact you'll have mismatched dust jackets and volumes was missing a whole bunch of necessary issues it just not worth it.
    I never got to buy the NTT Omni's. They were wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive for me last year when I got into the collecting tirade.
    I did buy the TPB of the first New Teen Titans. I didn't like the very cheap paper they used. Just like the old comics. Every other TPB that I had bought had nicer paper, either matte or glossy, and both thick.
    I guess I quickly became spoiled from buying, because paper quality and the feel of holding and reading the book is important to me.
    I need to put that TPB up for sale on EBAY before the OMNI's get rereleased.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I never got to buy the NTT Omni's. They were wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive for me last year when I got into the collecting tirade.
    I did buy the TPB of the first New Teen Titans. I didn't like the very cheap paper they used. Just like the old comics. Every other TPB that I had bought had nicer paper, either matte or glossy, and both thick.
    I guess I quickly became spoiled from buying, because paper quality and the feel of holding and reading the book is important to me.
    I really dont mind paper quality. I like the old feel to some older comics.

I'm curious if anyone else feels like a few of the upcoming Rebirth deluxe editions are missing some issues? I feel like a lot of the Road to Rebirth miniseries and one shots should be included in the upcoming releases but are not. JLA should have the one shot character issues, Superman should have the Lois & Clark miniseries, Titans should have Titans Hunt, etc. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    I'm curious if anyone else feels like a few of the upcoming Rebirth deluxe editions are missing some issues? I feel like a lot of the Road to Rebirth miniseries and one shots should be included in the upcoming releases but are not. JLA should have the one shot character issues, Superman should have the Lois & Clark miniseries, Titans should have Titans Hunt, etc. What do you guys think?
    I don't think so for the most part. Titans Hunt isn't too connected to Rebirth until the end, unlike L&C. Either way they can be read by picking up V.1. Technically, its theure Not Rebirth anyway. The JLA one shots on the other Hand I would argue. They haven't quite announced the Deluxe edition for it (isn't it only on issue #4?) So it could very well fit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    I think their fine as they are, if DC wanted to do a Road to Rebirth Deluxe/Omni that had Titans Hunt/Death of Superman/Lois & Clark that'd work better to me. What they do need to do with the deluxes is double check their solicitations, I dont have the time to drag them out right now but I remember reading the official solicit and them not lining up with the TPBs. And the ones that have only been fished so far like Batman include just the Batman issues of the Monster Men crossover, which absolutely need to be taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I think their fine as they are, if DC wanted to do a Road to Rebirth Deluxe/Omni that had Titans Hunt/Death of Superman/Lois & Clark that'd work better to me. What they do need to do with the deluxes is double check their solicitations, I dont have the time to drag them out right now but I remember reading the official solicit and them not lining up with the TPBs. And the ones that have only been fished so far like Batman include just the Batman issues of the Monster Men crossover, which absolutely need to be taken out.
    Monster Men in general needs to be burned and removed from existence. What a POS

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Completely off topic but thought you might like this. There is an awesome Hawkgirl statue coming out this week.
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP160386

Some content update/confirmation, courtesy of Comiclist.com:

TALES OF THE BATMAN: GERRY CONWAY HC has been decreased to 440 pages and now collects MAN-BAT #1, DETECTIVE #463, 464, 497-499, 502-504, BATMAN #295, 305, 306, BATMAN FAMILY #17, WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #250, 269, BRAVE AND THE BOLD #158, 161, 171-174.

And the following have been reprinted:

BATMAN UNDER THE RED HOOD TP (MAY110241) (7th printing)
    BATMAN: A DEATH IN THE FAMILY TP NEW EDITION (JUN110267) (9th printing)
    BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM 25TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION TP (JUN140278) (4th printing)
    BATMAN: EARTH ONE HC (MAR120234) (4th printing)
    BATMAN: HARLEY QUINN TP (APR150289) (4th printing)
    BATMAN: HUSH COMPLETE TP (MAY090178) (15th printing)
    BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN TP (FEB058404) (10th printing)
    DARK NIGHT: A TRUE BATMAN STORY HC (FEB160250) (3rd printing)
    DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS VOL. 1: ENLISTED TP (DEC150323) (3rd printing)
    FLASHPOINT TP (OCT138324) (7th printing)
    HARLEY QUINN VOL. 1: HOT IN THE CITY TP (JAN150369) (5th printing)
    JOKER HC (JUL080124) (13th printing)
    KINGDOM COME TP - NEW EDITION (SEP138294) (10th printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 1 TP (MAR130303) (8th printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 2 TP (JUN130299) (8th printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 3 TP (OCT130293) (7th printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 4 TP (MAR140292) (6th printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 5 TP (MAY140409) (6th printing)
    PREACHER BOOK 6 TP (JUL140282) (6th printing)
    SAGA OF THE SWAMP THING BOOK 1 TP (JAN120343) (6th printing)
    SUICIDE SQUAD VOL. 5: WALLED IN TP (JUL140245) (5th printing)
    THE FLASH VOL. 1: MOVE FORWARD TP (MAY130224) (7th printing)
    THE FLASH VOL. 2: ROGUES REVOLUTION TP (NOV130229) (5th printing)
    THE SANDMAN VOL. 1: PRELUDES & NOCTURNES TP NEW EDITION (JUL100259) (8th printing)
    THE SANDMAN VOL. 2: THE DOLL'S HOUSE TP NEW EDITION (JUL100260) (8th printing)
    THE SANDMAN VOL. 3: DREAM COUNTRY TP NEW EDITION (JUL100261) (10th printing)
    THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS NEW EDITION TP (JUL130264) (3rd printing)
    TINY TITANS VOL. 1: WELCOME TO THE TREEHOUSE TP (NOV080197) (9th printing)
    TINY TITANS: GROWING UP TINY TP (MAR120269) (4th printing)
    TINY TITANS: THE FIRST RULE OF PET CLUB... TP (JUN100232) (5th printing)
    V FOR VENDETTA TP - NEW EDITION (SEP088030) (18th printing)
    WATCHMEN DELUXE EDITION HC (FEB130225) (6th printing)
    WONDER WOMAN VOL. 1: BLOOD TP (OCT120256) (8th printing)

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Completely off topic but thought you might like this. There is an awesome Hawkgirl statue coming out this week.
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP160386
    That is dope! I'm sure the price isn't too appealing though.

Deluxe Editions I would like to see:

Batman by Matt Wagner (Monster Men, Mad Monk, Faces)
    Batman City of Crime
    Superman and Batman vs Vampires and Werewolves (incl sequel Batman vs Undead)
    Superman: Camelot Falls
    Enemy Ace War in Heaven

Does anyone have a description of Cassandra BG vol 3? IST has the same description as vol 2.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Does anyone have a description of Cassandra BG vol 3? IST has the same description as vol 2.
    BATGIRL VOL. 3: POINT BLANK collects BATGIRL #26-37 and a story from BATGIRL SECRET CASE FILES & ORIGINS #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    BATGIRL VOL. 3: POINT BLANK collects BATGIRL #26-37 and a story from BATGIRL SECRET CASE FILES & ORIGINS #1.
    Did DC abandon the rest of the Cassandra series? I've seen the solicit for the first Steph Batgirl paperback, but I don't think I've seen a volume 4 of the Cass series. I'd planned on getting these at some point, but probably won't if they don't finish it. I think another 2 or 3 volumes would complete it.

Did DC abandon the rest of the Cassandra series? I've seen the solicit for the first Steph Batgirl paperback, but I don't think I've seen a volume 4 of the Cass series. I'd planned on getting these at some point, but probably won't if they don't finish it. I think another 2 or 3 volumes would complete it.
    Not seeing it on amazon. May be planned towards the fall.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

I'm not sure but I hope not, same for the Azrael & Bird of Prey collections - there hasnt been any new for those either!