Page 87 of 137 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2043

Bringing this back

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Is Wind Dancer still depowered? Haven't seen her in ages.
    She is, unfortunately.

Hopefully this damn tree can change that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dust finally made it onto a Champions cover.... but the solicit sounds like game over.

That's such a shame. I feel like I'm just on the cusp of liking Champions. Everything Zub writes (from Wayward to Champions) is just a pinch away from really engaging me as a reader.

Since all the other New X-Men look metal whenever they’re in AoA, I wonder if Julian would actually look or dress like Broly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Don’t make me rant about the injustice done to my Gohan
    Watching Gohan getting disserviced in his development in favor of Goku in my formative years is why I’m a NXM fan today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Nah I'd say it would be more TFS Vegeta vs TFS Perfect Cell or vegeta vs Goku Black

Julian would get off one hella big blast that would severely damage Exodus but he'd pass out afterword while Exodus would still be standing
    See I was wondering whether that would pre-Age of X Hellion or post since Julian’s gotten way more refined with his powers and not as uncontrollably destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Since all the other New X-Men look metal whenever they’re in AoA, I wonder if Julian would actually look or dress like Broly.
    I'd imagine Julian would wear something akin to is AoX outfit, which is pretty reminiscent of Broly. Just needs the man skirt.

Watching Gohan getting disserviced in his development in favor of Goku in my formative years is why I’m a NXM fan today.
    Here's the thing with Gohan....he never wanted to fight in the first place. Being a scholar/Family Man is what he wants...he doesn't want the life of constant battle that Goku and Vegeta want...which makes them better suited for the focal characters.

See I was wondering whether that would pre-Age of X Hellion or post since Julian’s gotten way more refined with his powers and not as uncontrollably destructive.
    Due to Julians' rare appearances of actual feats its really hard to gauge his Power&Control. The last real "FEAT" would be when he nearly blew up New Atlian but at the same time we dont' know if that's because of the mists or if that was his max. Plus we don't know what Synapse's restart of his brain did to both is powers and control.

Let julian have power feats marvel
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Do you guys think they are going to get a title in the 2nd or 3rd wave?

I hope Sofia Mantega dies and goes through one of those pods and gets repowered.

https://twitter.com/francishsie/stat...01301758042112

Haven't seen this posted yet - an excellent commission handled by Francis Xie.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Honestly I doubt it. The most I would expect is a couple of team books with one or two as support.

THAT being said. Leah is writing a book (for some reason I think it might be a solo series) and has been very supportive of various NXM. So who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpyshark View Post
    https://twitter.com/francishsie/stat...01301758042112

haven't seen this posted yet - an excellent commission handled by francis xie.

and now i'm in a glass case of emotion

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I'd imagine Julian would wear something akin to is AoX outfit, which is pretty reminiscent of Broly. Just needs the man skirt.
    Hot.

Here's the thing with Gohan....he never wanted to fight in the first place. Being a scholar/Family Man is what he wants...he doesn't want the life of constant battle that Goku and Vegeta want...which makes them better suited for the focal characters.
    I get that. I think what made it so painful was because Gohan’s potential had been built up since he headbutt Raditz, and it would’ve been such a good payoff for him to finally be able to beat a villain without Goku guiding his hand.

Due to Julians' rare appearances of actual feats its really hard to gauge his Power&Control. The last real "FEAT" would be when he nearly blew up New Atlian but at the same time we dont' know if that's because of the mists or if that was his max. Plus we don't know what Synapse's restart of his brain did to both is powers and control.

Let julian have power feats marvel
    I hope not, that should be permanently embedded in his brain and whatever temporary thing that Emily did should’ve just been undone and nothing else. At least I hope but I wouldn’t put it past the X-Office to do something like that. Do you think he’ll show up in HOXPOX?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I hope Sofia Mantega dies and goes through one of those pods and gets repowered.

I hope sooooooooo. I’m weary of who else is on Wave 2 but I would love to see Vita or Leah write any of the crew. I’m just happy they didn’t land in Brisson’s lap again because he didn’t get those characters at all despite using them so much. I wonder if any mutant or former mutant is fair game to return in this run because hopefully that means we could see a repowered Wind Dancer or Tag back.

BANNED

I hope sooooooooo. I’m weary of who else is on Wave 2 but I would love to see Vita or Leah write any of the crew. I’m just happy they didn’t land in Brisson’s lap again because he didn’t get those characters at all despite using them so much. I wonder if any mutant or former mutant is fair game to return in this run because hopefully that means we could see a repowered Wind Dancer or Tag back.
    TBH, I don't like this idea that Krakoa can resurrect mutants at will.

Death in comics is already meaningless as it is, and whether we like it or not, the New X-Men have come to be defined by loss. It's what sets them apart from the other mutant generations, and IMO is what makes them more interesting than all of them. They're kids who've been through ****. They've seen and experienced things no young person should ever have to live through, and the ones who were supposed to protect them FAILED. So casually bringing them back like this detracts from this.

"Oh noes! Wolf Cub died again!"
    "S'okay, Krakoa already churned out his new body."

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    That's such a shame. I feel like I'm just on the cusp of liking Champions. Everything Zub writes (from Wayward to Champions) is just a pinch away from really engaging me as a reader.
    Zub confirmed last night that Champions is indeed cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I get that. I think what made it so painful was because Gohan’s potential had been built up since he headbutt Raditz, and it would’ve been such a good payoff for him to finally be able to beat a villain without Goku guiding his hand.
    And that's why Cell should never come back. Gohan will always have Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    TBH, I don't like this idea that Krakoa can resurrect mutants at will.

Death in comics is already meaningless as it is, and whether we like it or not, the New X-Men have come to be defined by loss. It's what sets them apart from the other mutant generations, and IMO is what makes them more interesting than all of them. They're kids who've been through ****. They've seen and experienced things no young person should ever have to live through, and the ones who were supposed to protect them FAILED. So casually bringing them back like this detracts from this.

"Oh noes! Wolf Cub died again!"
    "S'okay, Krakoa already churned out his new body."
    I don’t think it detracts from their trauma that much or at all. I know bringing dead friends back from the grave helps tremendously but they still saw a bunch of their friends blown up and smelled their charring corpses. I’d like to think it would take more than some regrown pod children to snap them out of their horrific experiences. Bling! beat the bricks off Emplate but she still had PTSD when he reappeared in Gen X. I think that mistrust and disillusionment that also differentiates the New X-Men should still stick despite getting back some of what they lost.

BANNED

I think that mistrust and disillusionment that also differentiates the New X-Men should still stick despite getting back some of what they lost.
    Counterpoint: Even before the new status quo Marvel was already doing everything it could to sweep all of that under the rug. If you really don't think Marvel will take advantage of Krakoa to wipe all the rest of that away, then I got a bridge to sell you.