Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    loved the issue and loved that ororo is the only woman that makes tchalla happy!!! simply beautiful!
    But he still don't trust her and keep secrets from her and use her pupil against her. Couple goals!

Ridley's work on BP is better than his work with I AM BATMAN.

I loved the main story and the backups.

This was good. The stuff with Gentle throw me a little but overall I enjoyed it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    But he still don't trust her and keep secrets from her and use her pupil against her. Couple goals!
    It’s interesting to me that people don’t seem to recognize the difference between honesty within the confines of a relationship and the need for confidentiality when it comes to affairs of state between two de facto leaders/representatives of nations/empires/peoples.

Pretty sure Ororo doesn’t expect to know the ins and outs of Wakanda’s National security contingencies and T’challa doesn’t expect Ororo to whisper to him sweet nothings of Krakoa’s Quiet Council meetings and resurrection protocols before bed. Kind of an absurd idea to contemplate seeing as how both are so high profile and high risk, due to the nature of their identities and fields of work. Seeing as how either one of them could be mentally, magically, or biologically attacked at any moment, possibly exposing the weak points of not only two nations but an entire intergalactic empire as well. Do you expect them to call each other at the end of every day and spill the hot tea of the inner workings of their governance and security like giddy, love drunk high schoolers? Rogue and Remy can afford to do that. Scott and Jean probably as well. Unfortunately the high profiles of both Ororo and T’challa don’t allow them that luxury out of responsibility to their people and the security of their kingdoms.

If you don’t like or appreciate them as a pairing that’s absolutely fine and you can just say that. But reducing the context of their massive individual profiles and responsibilities to “Well he omitted the truth from her! He’s a liar and can’t be trusted!!!” is not only daft but naïve to boot.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 01-26-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    It’s interesting to me that people don’t seem to recognize the difference between honesty within the confines of a relationship and the need for confidentiality when it comes to affairs of state between two de facto leaders/representatives of nations/empires/peoples.

Pretty sure Ororo doesn’t expect to know the ins and outs of Wakanda’s National security contingencies and T’challa doesn’t expect Ororo to whisper to him sweet nothings of Krakoa’s Quiet Council meetings and resurrection protocols before bed. Kind of an absurd idea to contemplate seeing as how both are so high profile and high risk, due to the nature of their identities and fields of work. Seeing as how either one of them could be mentally, magically, or biologically attacked at any moment, possibly exposing the weak points of not only two nations but an entire intergalactic empire as well. Do you expect them to call each other at the end of every day and spill the hot tea of the inner workings of their governance and security like giddy, love drunk high schoolers? Rogue and Remy can afford to do that. Scott and Jean probably as well. Unfortunately the high profiles of both Ororo and T’challa don’t allow them that luxury out of responsibility to their people and the security of their kingdoms.

If you don’t like or appreciate them as a pairing that’s absolutely fine and you can just say that. But reducing the context of their massive individual profiles and responsibilities to “Well he omitted the truth from her! He’s a liar and can’t be trusted!!!” is not only daft but naïve to boot.
    They don't have to tell eachother everything but using Gentle as a spy is dishonest and a treason in the case of Gentle.

Incredible Member

You just gave the very reasons they shouldn't ever be a couple. They're basically no good for each other. Just like Charles and Diana.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Honestly, I don't mind the politics of Wakanda having a sleeper among Krakoans/Arakkii, I just hate that this issue spent half its time building up that open and honest communication between T'Challa and Ororo was apparently SUPPOSED to be the cornerstone of their rejuvenated relationship going forward, and the other half of its focus went to SPOTLIGHTING Gentle and T'Challa putting on a completely performative facade where fooling Ororo was basically the only point of it since she was the only one present whose awareness/opinion of their dynamic is remotely relevant.

Like, we've literally READ this story already, and I don't get the point of bringing Ororo and T'Challa back together just to tell it again. There's some kinda weird irony to having Remy make a cameo just to say he's there to make sure Stormy doesn't get her heart broken by T'Challa again, when I don't see any other way for this TO end, given that this issue took such pains to set up that Ororo clearly only wanted ONE thing from T'Challa when giving their relationship a try again.....honest communication....and the big takeaway was that just....wasn't here despite his promise to her that it was.

And to be fair, it could absolutely be theorized that Ororo is being duplicitous with him as well, DEPENDING on what exactly T'Challa knows about resurrection and other mutant and Quiet Council secrets, and what she's specifically said to him about these things and whether she's lied to his face about them or just omitted volunteering certain information. BUT the point is, while that MIGHT be the case....we don't know it to be, and we certainly didn't see several pages devoted to her saying one thing to T'Challa and then putting on a performance for his benefit while she did the complete opposite. For whatever reason, the writing chose to EMPHASIZE T'Challa putting on a show with Nezhno in front of the woman he just pages before pledged to be honest with....without a hint of regret or remorse for doing so, and this after his earlier conversation in the spaceship where he was perfectly willing to show regret and conflicted feelings about other things he'd done.

And that's a narrative choice that for me eclipses the politics of just having a citizen of two nations display conflicting loyalties, because that makes sense, its messy, but its perfectly realistic and understandable. This though is a choice to reignite a relationship while actively undermining it from the get-go and that's just.....frustrating.
    Another reason to demand the death of this relationship. Nothing good is ever going to come from it Ever.

They don't have to tell eachother everything but using Gentle as a spy is dishonest and a treason in the case of Gentle.
    Gentle was a Wakandan citizen before Krakoa even existed. T’challa was one of the only people in his early life to treat him with kindness and respect, to the point where he even lived in the palace of Wakanda for a while under his protection. If T’challa asked him to be his eyes and ears on the newly burgeoning nation of Krakoa in regards to protecting Wakandan interests, I don’t think for a second he would refuse him. Especially when nothing has been stated to have been asked of him on T’challa’s behalf that would in any way endanger or compromise Krakoa/Arrako. Is it the nicest, most above board situation? Of course not and yes, I can see some part of Ororo feeling off about it but also as a head of state herself with responsibility to an entire planet and people, I think deep down, she’d be mature enough to understand the risks one must take to keep one’s people safe. An offensive action or plan to pursue an offensive action against a nation is treason. A betrayal of national secrets or confidential information is treason. Gentle has not been shown to have done anything of the sort as far as we know. And tbh do we really think he has access to the inner circle of Krakoa’s information circuit? Personally, I doubt that very much.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 01-26-2022 at 04:01 PM.

Taking everything else out of it the facts as presented in this issue is Tchalla is when tchalla is with Storm he is the happiest he has ever been in his life and Storm to be with Tchalla wants complete honesty. Tchalla does not seem to care so much about the honesty issue and just wants the happiness while ororo loves the happiness and playfulness but still wants the honesty. He has ran a nation far longer while she was a goddess. Her people did not keep secrets from her but a king can't divulge affairs of state. So any feeling out of it that is how i read the situation in the issue. Still two different paths and a situation where one can't give the other what the other needs imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Issue 3 Review
    -I like the second story. The art was great to look at. Probably going to get its own book and marketed towards younger audience. Or rated E for everyone.
    -The actions was alittle confusing Tchallia and the agents suits needs some differentiating from the back view
    -Glade to see Gentle in the book. Just like Prodigy. If your not using them and they get better treatment somewhere else I'm all for it. Because Prodigy was essential a field commander in the Coates run in the last two issues.
    -Tosin story not really sold on. Just a wash rinse and repeat. Nothing really stood out for me especially the power set or cultist characteristics of the group.
    -The time frame the first story and the second story. Had me lost, how many months passed?

Incredible Member

Gentle was a Wakandan citizen before Krakoa even existed. T’challa was one of the only people in his early life to treat him with kindness and respect, to the point where he even lived in the palace of Wakanda for a while under his protection. If T’challa asked him to be his eyes and ears on the newly burgeoning nation of Krakoa in regards to protecting Krakoa interests, I don’t think for a second he would refuse him. Especially when nothing has been stated to have been asked of him on T’challa’s behalf that would in any way endanger or compromise Krakoa/Arrako. Is it the nicest, most above board situation? Of course not and yes, I can see some part of Ororo feeling off about it but also as a head of state herself with responsibility to an entire planet and people, I think deep down, she’d be mature enough to understand the risks one must take to keep one’s people safe. An offensive action or plan to pursue an offensive action against a nation is treason. A betrayal of national secrets or confidential information is treason. Gentle has not been shown to have done anything of the sort as far as we know. And tbh do we really think he has access to the inner circle of Krakoa’s information circuit? Personally, I doubt that very much.
    Then he should become the official Wakanda embassador, not act behind Storm`s back. Storm was her teacher for a long time, they have fight, live, cry and bled together. Either that or leave Krakoa and go to Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Taking everything else out of it the facts as presented in this issue is Tchalla is when tchalla is with Storm he is the happiest he has ever been in his life and Storm to be with Tchalla wants complete honesty. Tchalla does not seem to care so much about the honesty issue and just wants the happiness while ororo loves the happiness and playfulness but still wants the honesty. He has ran a nation far longer while she was a goddess. Her people did not keep secrets from her but a king can't divulge affairs of state. So any feeling out of it that is how i read the situation in the issue. Still two different paths and a situation where one can't give the other what the other needs imo.
    You summed it up very well and I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    You just gave the very reasons they shouldn't ever be a couple. They're basically no good for each other. Just like Charles and Diana.
    Listen, there are definitely huge challenges to the progress and purity of their relationship. All of the reasons I highlighted, as you said, are prime examples of that. It’s entirely understandable to not think a sustainable relationship between these two is probable or even possible due to the nature of who they are and who they need to be to the people they represent.

But to some people, the dynamic of seeing two people who have been important to each other since childhood, before they became the titans they are today fight against all odds to maintain their relationship is a romantic under-dog story you want to root for. Under the crowns, and thrones, and powers, and nations they are actually just two people who seem to love each other despite everything in their lives and everything they’ve become weighing against them. That’s not for everybody for sure and that’s okay! And for others, like myself, you can’t help but to root for them to be with the person I’m their lives who makes them the most happy, and loved, and seen. The entire universe seems to be against them and yet, they feel in their heart that the other is still worth fighting for. People need to understand that both perspectives are okay to have, and that it’s not necessary to tear down characters by calling them liars and snakes and “abusers” to justify your opinions on this. And yes, someone on Twitter tried to make the argument that T’challa “abused” Ororo and that’s why he’s not good for her *eyeroll*. We all can do a little better at letting people enjoy what they enjoy without being disparaging to other characters because something doesn’t fit your preferred narrative. That’s all I’m saying, personally.

Also I love Diana and no, this situation could be be further from a comparison to Charles and Diana’s. In fact, they are directly opposite to each other. Charles and Diana were two people who were fundamentally not right for each other in the sense that they were a mismatch of massive proportions. They had absolutely nothing in common, no real love for each other, and no patience and understanding of who the other was at their core while at the same time being forced by institutions larger then themselves into the same station in life. Ororo and T’challa love each for who they are at their base, most pure selves and the circumstances of their stations in life and responsibilities are what keep them from being together as they would wish to be. The two examples couldn’t be more diametrically opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I see what you’re saying and mostly agree for sure but I think it would make Ororo hypocritical to ask for overt, complete honesty in regards to T’challa and Wakanda when Beast has been spying on every major nation on Earth, the resurrection protocols are still a massive state secret, and the inner workings of the Quiet Council she resides on are confidential as well. Ororo would be a fool not to see the irony in asking him to reveal everything to her when she herself, has her secrets that she keeps for the good of her people.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 01-26-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Then he should become the official Wakanda embassador, not act behind Storm`s back. Storm was her teacher for a long time, they have fight, live, cry and bled together. Either that or leave Krakoa and go to Wakanda.
    But that’s what I’m confused about, what actions are you referring to? What has Gentle done besides exist and lie in wait for anything Krakoa/Arrako presents that might cause direct harm to Wakanda? All of the other Wakandan sleeper agents on Earth lived normal lives and stayed prepared if they were called upon to defend Wakanda from the countries they were installed in. Why would Gentle be any different? If Krakoa/Arrako never acted against Wakanda, I’m inclined to believe he would have absolutely no affect whatsoever on the affairs of Krakoan/Arrakii sovereignty.