Page 1 of 106 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Default Dark Horse's PROJECT BLACK SKY: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Brain Boy and more!

Okay, so since the forums have changed and all the previous threads were deleted I figured I'd start a thread for these book in the new independent forum!

This thread will cover X, Ghost, Captain Midnight, Brain Boy, Occultist, Skyman, Blackout, and any other book related to the Dark Horse superhero line. Too bad we had to start over but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles, I just wish they gave us some warning first.....

Anyhow, here are some links to the two blog posts I created surrounding this line that were re-tweeted by pretty much every creator attached to the line as well as Dark Horse themselves, so if you haven't read them than I'd suggest you take a gander. Enjoy!

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2014...from-dark.html

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2014...omic-book.html

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I got beat, I was writing one up, while I was doing that you beat me to it haha! Glad to have this thread back!

If you guys want the links to the dark horse black sky sites here they are:

http://projectblacksky.net/

and

i watch the sky .com(without the spaces, cbr is not letting me post the link)

Speaking of which, the count down clock on the black sky site is down to 1 day and 1 hour! Who is excited!?
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 04-30-2014 at 03:21 PM.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I am very excited for tomorrow to see what comes of this countdown clock and all the hints that Dark Horse has dropped. I'm guessing it's going to be the announcement of a new series like Barb Wire, or maybe the official announcement of the upcoming crossover that is supposed to bring these heroes together this summer. It could also just be more information about Project Black Sky as an agency or some in depth information about the FCBD issue that's about to drop. I'm hoping it's something big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    I am very excited for tomorrow to see what comes of this countdown clock and all the hints that Dark Horse has dropped. I'm guessing it's going to be the announcement of a new series like Barb Wire, or maybe the official announcement of the upcoming crossover that is supposed to bring these heroes together this summer. It could also just be more information about Project Black Sky as an agency or some in depth information about the FCBD issue that's about to drop. I'm hoping it's something big.
    Ya I have been thinking it would be "Black Sky's" government website, with a listing all the heroes within the world, which would give us info on whats to come (Barb Wire and what not).
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.

23 hours. LESS then a day to go! I will be at school when it happens at 5pm tomorrow, but I will try my best to get on and check things out and post here.
    Pulls:

I honestly love this line, even if I don't read all the books. It's just Captain Midnight, Ghost, and X. Used to get Catalyst Comix, but it's over for now. I'll pick up Barb Wire if she gets a solo. When I started reading comics, Valiant had just relaunched and I hopped on that, but those books are missing a spark that these books all seem to have, so I dropped Valiant to follow the Project Black Sky line.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I honestly love this line, even if I don't read all the books. It's just Captain Midnight, Ghost, and X. Used to get Catalyst Comix, but it's over for now. I'll pick up Barb Wire if she gets a solo. When I started reading comics, Valiant had just relaunched and I hopped on that, but those books are missing a spark that these books all seem to have, so I dropped Valiant to follow the Project Black Sky line.
    I dropped Valiant as well, it just wasn't hitting home with me though X-O was okay and I dug Harbinger. Dark Horse has just hooked me with this line, especially X, Blackout, and Captain Midnight.

Welcome to Project Black Sky, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    I dropped Valiant as well, it just wasn't hitting home with me though X-O was okay and I dug Harbinger. Dark Horse has just hooked me with this line, especially X, Blackout, and Captain Midnight.

Welcome to Project Black Sky, my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I dropped most of my other comics for these lol. I love it! I really hope Barb gets her own ongoing with X and Captain it would add a new female ongoing to the mix. Plus it was one of the most requested character at ever con.
    Pulls:

Used the Dark Horse Digital sale to catch up on Captain Midnight, X and the Occultist. Man, X just gets better and better, doesn't it? Can't wait to see how the current arc wraps up. Nguyen was born to draw X. Already pre-ordered the second TPB, I should get vol.3 too.

Captain Midnight also just gets better and better, loving every second of it.

The Occultist was pretty good, wonder how he'll interact with the rest of PBS, a team-up with Ghost would be very interesting.

Captain Midnight #10 was great. I'm loving Dark Horse's line. I really enjoyed the last Brain Boy mini and I'm looking forward to next one. Captain Midnight has not only become one of my favorite books, but one of my favorite characters. Can't wait for FCBD edition and the trade were Captain Midnight, Ghost and X team up.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-02-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    Used the Dark Horse Digital sale to catch up on Captain Midnight, X and the Occultist. Man, X just gets better and better, doesn't it? Can't wait to see how the current arc wraps up. Nguyen was born to draw X. Already pre-ordered the second TPB, I should get vol.3 too.

Captain Midnight also just gets better and better, loving every second of it.

The Occultist was pretty good, wonder how he'll interact with the rest of PBS, a team-up with Ghost would be very interesting.
    I thought it was odd when they added The Occultist to this line of books. He's just so different and I did't know how he'd really fit in from a story perspective but I know if anyone can make it work it's this amazing creative staff, time shall tell how he enters the fold. Also, I hear these books are doing pretty well digitally. I read an interview with Mike Richardson a while back on either Bleeding Cool or Newsarama where he said the books were solid in monthly orders but the books really shined on the digital space.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Captain Midnight #10 was great. I'm loving Dark Horse's line. I really enjoyed the last Brain Boy mini and I'm looking forward tot next one. Captain Midnight has not only become one of my favorite books, but one of my favorite characters. Can't wait for FCBD edition and the trade were Captain Midnight, Ghost and X team up.
    I agree with Captain Midnight, he's truly a special character and his series has really gone from being good to being great over the past 4-5 issues. Sadly, Brain Boy just didn't grab me the same way it's seemed to grab a lot of people, I'm still going to give the first two issues of his next mini a shot once it hits but all in all the first mini wasn't my cup of tea. Thankfully Blackout, X Captain Midnight, Ghost, and The Occultist have satiated my appetite for good comics.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Wow....they blanked out the threads. Glad to see this one is back. I am totally on board for more Dark Horse hero titles.

Anyone read Captain Midnight #10? It was a great issue. Any thoughts on it?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I enjoyed it quite a bit, mainly because I LOVE Helios but also because this story is becoming so rich and involved and I'm loving the whole sidekick storyline too. What detail!

Hey guys, 3 1/2 hours to go until the clock runs out!

Was pretty good, though the teased death was exactly who I thought it would be, so a bit disappointing in that regard. Otherwise I enjoyed the issue just as much as the rest of the series. Helios is pretty bad-ass, and I have an inkling of who it might be. So we'll see. Felt really nice catching up on the series.