Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Boy, this might be one of the most heavyhanded things I've read this week. I mean, is a breath of fresh air in some way since these days you usually see "menimists" and misogynists being the ones who take the place of terrorists and hateful people in the most blunt way possible so seeing the opposite happening here is surprising and even a bit daring.

ON THE OTHER HAND, portraying extreme radical feminists/misandrists can be executed just as badly since it suffers from the exact same problems which are not helped by constantly repeating phrases like "there are good men" because well, duh.

Antonio's artwork was solid although his expressions can be exaggerated. God, what a mixed bag.
    Misandrist villains aren't really new though. Hell thats been Circe's thing for a while and we saw a similar thing occur in Marvel's Angela. This really isn't at all daring
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-09-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Misandrist villains aren't really new though. Hell thats been Circe's thing for a while
    Ivy's also often been portrayed as someone who doesn't have a very high opinion of men.

Always Rakzo

Misandrist villains aren't really new though. Hell thats been Circe's thing for a while and we saw a similar thing occur in Marvel's Angela. This really isn't at all daring
    Yeah, but it hasn't occurred with THIS LEVEL of bluntness where everything is based on the single idea of hatred of gender.

It pretty much reminded me of when Tim Seeley included those menimist terrorists in his Steve Trevor special a few months ago which... was not great.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    "Laeh eht nem."

Boom, one panel.
    Nice one!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Yeah, but it hasn't occurred with THIS LEVEL of bluntness where everything is based on the single idea of hatred of gender.

It pretty much reminded me of when Tim Seeley included those menimist terrorists in his Steve Trevor special a few months ago which... was not great.
    Circe had an event dedicated to her were she turned every man in the world into animals because of Luthor's rejection of her. There's the aforementioned Amazons Attack and the new 52 version of the Amazons.

And these are just modern day examples.

Always Rakzo

Circe had an event dedicated to her were she turned every man in the world into animals because of Luthor's rejection of her. There's the aforementioned Amazons Attack and the new 52 version of the Amazons.

And these are just modern day examples.
    Yeah, but Circe has other MOTIVATIONS beyond hatred of men like gaining ultimate power and control. These terrorists' whole motivation is killing men.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I've been reading this book from the beginning and yes all the characters are likable enough but that's it. Nothing gets past this shallow surface level stuff and mediocre plots. All three characters sound almost exactly the same, with a few differences. It's most likely going to be worse with so many charcters to juggle.
    I'm with you on this. This title has three of my favorite characters--Black Canary, Huntress and Barbara Gordon--but they and the mediocre plots are putting me to sleep. Month after month I tell myself I should just be done with this book but it's a difficult "drop" for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I'm with you on this. This title has three of my favorite characters--Black Canary, Huntress and Barbara Gordon--but they and the mediocre plots are putting me to sleep. Month after month I tell myself I should just be done with this book but it's a difficult "drop" for me.
    My feelings exactly.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers