Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Agreed about the cast. They can keep Hugh Jackman since he was interested in being an Avenger and Patrick Stewart if he wants to come back. Everyone else should be switched out completely. I don't want teenage X-Men unless they go with a First Class film (a real First Class, I mean).
    i thought Hugh was done. also I want him home too he's way too tall to be Logan. Storm should tower over him but with high being over 6 feet that's kinda hard to do.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i thought Hugh was done. also I want him home too he's way too tall to be Logan. Storm should tower over him but with high being over 6 feet that's kinda hard to do.
    He said he would only come back if he could do a movie in the MCU like the Avengers. We'll see how much he meant that now. Disney should just use CGI to make him look shorter. And find a tall actress for Storm while giving her very high heels, a very large wig, and her trademark tiara to boost her height.

He said he would only come back if he could do a movie in the MCU like the Avengers. We'll see how much he meant that now. Disney should just use CGI to make him look shorter. And find a tall actress for Storm while giving her very high heels, a very large wig, and her trademark tiara to boost her height.
    ok I would be ok with that. i just want a movie, an xmen movie, that aligns as closely as possible with the comic. the fox-men did so much to not embrace those elements and I would love for this to fully embrace it as much as possible.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

No he didn't. He said something to the effect that he MIGHT have reconsidered if it was an option, but then reiterated that he was done. Period.

BANNED

a complete reboot with a completely new cast is what I would want to see. the Marvel proper xmen need to be completely detached from the fox-men universe in all forms, including the actors, storylines, costumes, etc.
    It took nearly 20 years to get X-23 into the films. I sure as hell don't want to wait 20 MORE to get her in again.

Spectacular Member

I want this to happen so Marvel will respect the X-Men again, but I'll be really disappointed if this crushes the New Mutants trilogy. What are the chances of a rebooted universe ever giving the kids their own film, much less a trilogy? Also don't need most of the actors replaced.

It's not that hard to just iron out the wrinkles in the existing series and integrate it into the MCU to make solid movies from now on. Especially since most X-films take place before the Avengers era.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It took nearly 20 years to get X-23 into the films. I sure as hell don't want to wait 20 MORE to get her in again.
    i don't understand what u saying? u think it would take another 20 yrs for marvel to bring Laura to film. doubtful fox sucks.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

i don't understand what u saying? u think it would take another 20 yrs for marvel to bring Laura to film. doubtful fox sucks.
    If you are starting from the X-Men’s infancy, it would take a long time before that happens considering her origin.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 11-10-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Didn't she debut in '04? That's a pretty quick turn around considering how long it took to get any X-Men a film from their debut.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Y'know I feel like she would be in a similar vein to Miles Morales or certain other legacy heroes as someone Marvel would want to really push in media because of how popular they are, so it may not be that long before we see her in films again (although we would probably have to through another series of Wolverine films ).

Or alternatively she's prominent in cartoons and/or video games.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Didn't she debut in '04? That's a pretty quick turn around considering how long it took to get any X-Men a film from their debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know I feel like she would be in a similar vein to Miles Morales or certain other legacy heroes as someone Marvel would want to really push in media because of how popular they are, so it may not be that long before we see her in films again (although we would probably have to through another series of Wolverine films ).

Or alternatively she's prominent in cartoons and/or video games.
    I think he means that a reboot in the MCU would require the public founding out about Mutants. So Weapon X wouldn’t exist until after that point and thus we have to wait for over a decade for Laura to be old enough to be relevant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I was counting from the first film. Jackman was with the franchise for 17 years, and it wasn't until his decision to hang it up that they brought her in. X-23 is a character they HAVE to build up to. Fox has already got there, I don't want to sit through the wait under again under the MCU.

We should make a thread like "On a scale of Polaris/Laura fans to Storm fans, how much do you want an X-Men reboot?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    We should make a thread like "On a scale of Polaris/Laura fans to Storm fans, how much do you want an X-Men reboot?"
    I don't want a reboot, but I do want the other positive benefits (animation, video games, probably a boon to the comics as well).

Though I admit I would be morbidly curious to see how Marvel Studios would juggle having a relatively complete Marvel Universe on their hands.

Amazing Member

Seeing X-Men as part of the MCU aside, I think this is a bad idea. Disney already owns Pixar, Marvel Comics, and most of Star Wars. It would be nice if Fox could maintain their Marvel catalog. After losing a lot of the Star Wars rights when Disney bought most of it, the X-Men TV/movie franchise might be Fox's biggest popular property.