Page 78 of 106 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1590

Man, this goes back to my OG post about people demanding change and then having the nerve to complain about said change. It's something that affects all media types, but especially prevalent in comics, X-Men in this particular case. I agree with CGAR that people are just wanting a retread of stories that happened at least 30 years ago. I'd say that if so, they'd be better off reading back issues while others can enjoy the new direction. Otherwise, I see nothing troubling about the new direction and I am especially glad that it's sparking intense debate, as any work should.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That's it's just like every other Nation that employs a life sentence for murder?
    Solitary confinement is listed by several human rights groups as one of the worst psychological tortures. That's different than just putting him in a jail cell.

Solitude is acutally really bad for the human psyche. Since we are a social being.

So they are probably making Sabretooth worse. But can you really get worse than a psycho murderer rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Solitary confinement is listed by several human rights groups as one of the worst psychological tortures. That's different than just putting him in a jail cell.
    At least it's not torture. I do feel a little uneasy about the way the trial went down and the parameters of Creed's punishment being retroactive, but it's a good outline for anything that would occur of that magnitude in the future, but I would feel a little better if the council had laid out some specifics to the laws.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    No. I'm saying you seem to want the same stories they were telling in the last 10 years with no change.

Also people really??? Don't start bring up things about individual characters that a poster you disagree with likes.

Stick with the actual debate.
    It's not an all or nothing problem. The books could stand to tone down the fanatic racism of the humans (or at least have more pushback against the racists from normal humans) and allow the mutants to organically grow as a society and culture without this forced answer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'd rather not waste a bunch of issues on "the journey" when it's been pretty damn outlined so far why this is happening to the tune of 16 million dead mutants and having their population reduced to 198 thanks to humans.
    If next issue ends with "10 years from now, 16 million mutants party across the island nations of Krakoa. The End." are you satisfied? And I am not being silly, so far this has felt like that. If I want to be silly, I would suggest that X-Men comics never should have existed since from the get go mutants were getting the shaft. Why would anyone read them for that last 50+ years? What horrible stories.

Even Archie can't get the girl without taking a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sure the laws are made before the crime and you aren't setenced by a jury with rapists and mass murders
    The Quiet Council has more blood on their hands than 99% of people living on 616-Earth, watching them judging anyone is a moral joke. Creed should have been facing a mutant jury without (this level of) blood on their hands, that deflates the credibility carried by the judgement imo.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The Quiet Council has more blood on their hands than 99% of people living on 616-Earth, watching them judging anyone is a moral joke. Creed should have been facing a mutant jury without (this level of) blood on their hands, that deflates the credibility carried by the judgement imo.
    My impression is that the "innocent" amongst them were the quickest and most eager to condemn him.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If next issue ends with "10 years from now, 16 million mutants party across the island nations of Krakoa. The End." are you satisfied? And I am not being silly, so far this has felt like that. If I want to be silly, I would suggest that X-Men comics never should have existed since from the get go mutants were getting the shaft. Why would anyone read them for that last 50+ years? What horrible stories.

Even Archie can't get the girl without taking a loss.
    Agree with this. If the endgame was always Magneto's path, why bother fighting him all this time?

For all the talk of this being a "win" for mutants, it's a loss for anyone who believed in Xavier from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Um are you not aware of Emma sadistically murdering Firestars best friend Butter Rum. Her pet horse? One of Emma's most iconic moments tbh.
    I can't imagine any true x-fan not being familiar with this iconic story! Right up there with Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Agreed. Creed is a piece of crap. Nobody would deny that. BUT some of the people judging him are not any better.

• Shaw eventually became a psycho who abused Emma, and murdered prostitutes for fun.
    • Mystique kills whenever she feels like it & screws people over for kicks, in addition to being a rapist, as her closed thread established.
    • Sinister is Marvel's Orochimaru. Who are we kidding with that?
    • Apocalypse kills anyone he sees as weak by his own standard of Darwinism. And being older than anyone in that room, you know his kill count puts Creed's to shame. lol But he gets to join the X-Men teams.

Every villain on that council is getting a pass and written by Hickman as some kind of upstanding citizens while Creed is made worse. Again back during his earlier days, he wasn't beyond reasoning & putting things aside for truces. So a better written one would've done well enough on Krakoa for a while. I say the others on that council are long overdo for similar punishment. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-03-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well I'm sure Creed will be getting some company soon enough with the amount of mass murders on the island

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Xavier's dream was nothing more than an irresponsible fairy tale that has no place in modern society. Glad to see it gone.
    Dude, that statement is bullshit. I'm biracial. I don't need to go live on an Island of biracials in order to be happy and safe. Neither do queer folk or women. Society is gradually changing for the better as it has for centuries. The only reason Xavier's dream hasn't worked out is because failure is a narrative device for generating tension to help with sales. This is a marvel product, you already know you'll never get a definitive ending because of that, don't let frustration lead you to saying irresponsible things.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

and the punishment was decided by aonly a person without any basis for that.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Solitude is acutally really bad for the human psyche. Since we are a social being.

So they are probably making Sabretooth worse. But can you really get worse than a psycho murderer rapist.
    honestly, how much worse can creed become....
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer