Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Matternativ
    Death of X - flashback
    Inhumans vs X men - this is not a flashback so we don't know the outcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That would be the mini-series of Death of X which would explain all of that.
    Well now I feel dumb. I should learn that skill called "reading" at some point hahaha.

Thanks for the clarification Guys
    Last edited by Matternativ; 08-17-2016 at 02:46 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm can create winds to move terrigen mists but so what? It can't save mutants.

We have terrigen in the air (and mists - where we have more Terrigen)
    Mutants are sterile because of terrigen in the air(Extraordinary issue1) and after long time they will be sick or dead(Uncanny Avengers 1)

Storm can move mists to other places but it only saves them temporarily. She can't change air.

Or at least this sound reasonable.
    again this statement about storm not being able to change air is not a true statement:

storm making air more dense, meaning shes changing the ratio of air molecules ( nitrogen, oxygen, etc.)of a given area to mute sound from other room.

here she is shown changing air to water ratio in air to mask her sent from blood thirsty vamps

13.jpg

here, though not air, she directly singles out hydrogen atoms and moves the atoms within space...

all in all with what she has shown to be able to do in the past she should be able to do something against this threat. her powers make her the perfect candidate to do so.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-17-2016 at 09:19 AM.

BANNED

But she hasn't because...?

BANNED

She would prefer mutants die than piss off Queen Medusa, shes safe hiding in Limbo anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    She would prefer mutants die than piss off Queen Medusa, shes safe hiding in Limbo anyway.
    Goddess Storm > Queen Dusa... I think she has a better reason not to save mutants with her powers...

BANNED

butterflykyss:
    I know about this and i know about physics. She can move Terrigen particles in air from 1 point to different point. How it helps on global scale?

or maybe she can't because terrigen !=weather

FWIW, Crystal has been shown to be able to do the same to make the Earth's air breathable for Inhumans, but Soule has said that she cant control area enough area to make a difference. This is probably the same problem with Storm.

Can we go back to blaming Wanda?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Btw, where is Hope (the famed Mutant Messiah) during this whole Terrigen Mist thing?

Her and Wanda undid the M-Day spell, why can't they fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I think that you mean Doctor Doom, or the "Life Force".

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Btw, where is Hope (the famed Mutant Messiah) during this whole Terrigen Mist thing?

I have no idea; the last of what i heard of her is that she was getting her body back, after being turned into a computer virus.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 08-17-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think that you mean Doctor Doom, or the "Life Force".
    I forgot that memo

They undid it with the Phoenix Force. If Phoenix decides to come back again I suppose it's a possibility.

I think the teasers for the Thanos book sort of hint that Phoenix might pop back at some point.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Pssh, some Messiah she turned out to be.

Pssh, some Messiah she turned out to be.
    She's at least stop the possible extinction of mutants ONCE. Someone else can get this one.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    But she hasn't because...?
    good question. again i posed my initial post on this thread about this threat not being well thought out on Marvel's end because just based on her powerset she should be able to something about this.

however, in terms of just the story... i don't think there is a good enough reason she hasn't done anything. simply not doing anything to prevent a potential war is not a good enough argument for me especially when your race is dying out because of the threat.

butterflykyss:
    I know about this and i know about physics. She can move Terrigen particles in air from 1 point to different point. How it helps on global scale?

or maybe she can't because terrigen !=weather
    Well considering she has used her powers on a global scale several times unaided by external forces I don't think this should be any different. On a global scale, she could perhaps move the mist into the upper atmosphere away from innocents (as she calls them) where it could be collected or contained within some type of containment vessel built by Tony or Beast or whomever. Even if that approach seems far fetched (which imo it doesn't) she should still be able to do something about this on just a local scale at least until a cure or something is created for those mutants exposed.

To your last point about the mist not being weather, this is a common misconception about the application of her powers. Storm manipulates the energy patterns that govern weather phenomenon. She perceives the weather as patterns of energy which she can bend to her choosing.

This is why you see her doing things that go well beyond just weather control, such as causing Sinister to have a seizure by cascading the electrical impulses inside his brain or removing power from alien space ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    FWIW, Crystal has been shown to be able to do the same to make the Earth's air breathable for Inhumans, but Soule has said that she cant control area enough area to make a difference. This is probably the same problem with Storm.
    Oh I see. Well Storm has manipulated the weather on a global scale the most recent being when she was grieving upon Wolverine's death where she manipulated solar wind on a global level and sustained it for 4 hours without an issue.

It would make sense that he said this about Crystal; I don't recall her using her powers to a large scale that is comparable to Storm. However, just because Crystal can't do this doesn't mean the same applies for Storm.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-17-2016 at 01:09 PM.