Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The committee is still working, btw:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Pennsylvania’s Republican governor nominee Doug Mastriano appeared briefly Tuesday before the Jan. 6 committee investigating the U.S. Capitol insurrection but shared little as the panel probes Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Mastriano, who was outside the Capitol that day and helped organize efforts in Pennsylvania to submit alternate presidential electors beholden to Trump, cut the interview short. He disputed the validity of the committee and the terms of the appearance, his attorney said.

Mastriano’s attorney, Timothy Parlatore, said his client wanted to be able to record the interview and said little during the brief session, which was over in less than 15 minutes. Parlatore said they plan to challenge the committee in court.

“Because he’s currently in a general election, we just want some protective measures,” Parlatore said in a phone interview, “to prevent them from putting out a false or misleading quote that would potentially impact the election.”

Mastriano was one of two people expected to provide private interviews Tuesday before the committee, according to a person familiar with the situation who was granted anonymity to discuss it. Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has also been in talks to testify on Tuesday, CNN and other outlets have reported.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...e-for-governor

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The committee is still working, btw:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...e-for-governor
    Yeah, "Season 2" of hearings should be starting up by the end of the month.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Jan. 6 committee will dig in on the money behind the riot, Kinzinger says

The House committee investigating Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol will dig in on the financing behind the riot and present its findings in future public hearings or in its final report, Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., said Sunday.

Asked on NBC News' "Meet the Press" to detail some of the "missing pieces" that would be revealed in September, the lawmaker told host Chuck Todd, “I think one of the more intriguing things is going to be some of the financing.

"The fact that a vast majority of this money was raised under ‘Stop the Steal,’ with no intention of doing anything to stop the so called stop the steal," Kinzinger said, in reference to fundraising related to a pro-Trump rally that immediately preceded the Capitol riot. “I
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I will help, start with Ginny Thomas.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump will never leave the political arena since he discovered he could get people to donate money to him and not have to account for it. I think it is a huge flaw in our election process in addition to the fact that essentially billionaires can determine who the candidates are going to be. For all we know, some of the money could have gone to payoffs do the Oath Keepers, etc.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-28-2022 at 09:40 PM.

I mean, after 9/11 we started digging into who was funding foreign terrorism and worked to shut down their finances.

It'd be a damn shame if that happened to domestic terrorists, wouldn't it? *sarcasm*
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ginni Thomas to meet with House committee investigating Jan. 6 riot

The House Jan. 6 committee has reached an agreement with Ginni Thomas to be interviewed in the coming weeks, a source close to the House panel said Wednesday.

Emails, records and reporting indicate that Thomas, a conservative activist and the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, was involved in some aspects of a scheme involving “fake electors” after the 2020 election and was also in touch with Trump lawyer John Eastman about his strategies to overturn the election results.

CNN first reported the planned meeting with Thomas, which comes after weeks of back and forth and a letter asking her to speak with the panel.

Im shocked it took so long. Didnt Ginni Thomas say she was very much looking forward to talking to the 6th committee to clear things up.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The hearing scheduled for tomorrow has been postponed because of Hurricane Ian. No new date yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The hearing scheduled for tomorrow has been postponed because of Hurricane Ian. No new date yet.
    Why? The hurricane isn't in DC's path.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Why? The hurricane isn't in DC's path.
    Rain from Ian could be a problem for Washington DC, plus there could be members of the committee who are from areas that could be in the hurricane's path.

Plus, news coverage might be focused on the hurricane instead of what the committee does.

Fantastic Member

I think these Facists should stand for trial outside in the hurricane!

I was at the hospital with my dad all day today. So had they stayed today I would have missed them. I am glad they got rescheduled.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I was at the hospital with my dad all day today. So had they stayed today I would have missed them. I am glad they got rescheduled.
    This is as good of a watch as OJ Simpson! I'm not gonna be missing it!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Rain from Ian could be a problem for Washington DC, plus there could be members of the committee who are from areas that could be in the hurricane's path.

Plus, news coverage might be focused on the hurricane instead of what the committee does.
    I would agree that a humanitarian crisis in Florida due to Hurricane Ian certainly trumps the committee. Not that the right needs any reason to attack the committee, but going ahead with hearings while portions of the Sunshine State are in pieces would be a bad look on steroids on BOTH sides of the aisle.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!