Page 286 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1862362762822832842852862872882892902963363867861286 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Ricketts tells local governments they won't get federal COVID-19 money if they require masks

LINCOLN — At his regular coronavirus press conferences, Gov. Pete Ricketts makes a point of urging Nebraskans to wear a mask when they go to a store.

But when it comes to the state’s 93 courthouses and other local government offices, he doesn’t want local officials to require masks. In fact, he’s told local governments that they won’t receive any of the $100 million in federal COVID-19 money if their “customers” are required to wear masks.
    I mean good lord. It would seem the logical thing would be the other way around. Require masks if you want coronavirus money.

Astonishing Member

If trump weren't a simpleton, I'd say he was trolling with this statement.

“I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous. It’s actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it.”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Ricketts tells local governments they won't get federal COVID-19 money if they require masks

I mean good lord. It would seem the logical thing would be the other way around. Require masks if you want coronavirus money.
    No surprise. Ricketts is a Republican following Trump’s lead when it comes to reticence about wearing masks.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

For your eventual profile on Josh Hawley, who is glum about the Supreme Court not striking down DACA.

The most disappointing week at #SCOTUS in years
    #scotus continues to invent and rewrite statutes at will
    The Court continues to fashion one set of review standards under the Administrative Procedure Act for Democrat administrations and another for Republicans
    This also indicates he hates the Court protecting LGBT rights.

Facebook removes Trump ads containing symbols used by Nazis to identify political prisoners

Facebook on Thursday announced that it removed ads from President Donald Trump’s campaign that contained a symbol associated with Nazis.

“We removed these posts and ads for violating our policy against organized hate,” a Facebook spokesman said in a statement. “Our policy prohibits using a banned hate group’s symbol to identify political prisoners without the context that condemns or discusses the symbol.”

The ads contained red downward-pointing triangles, which the Nazis used to mark political prisoners. The symbol was used in ads by Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and the Trump campaign.

One variation of the ad was targeted primarily to male voters in Texas and had the potential to reach more than 1 million users, according to Facebook’s Ad Library.
    ADL, an organization that fights anti-Semitism, condemned the ads in a statement.

“Whether aware of the history or meaning, for the Trump campaign to use a symbol – one which is practically identical to that used by the Nazi regime to classify political prisoners in concentration camps -- to attack his opponents is offensive and deeply troubling,” said ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt. “It is not difficult for one to criticize their political opponent without using Nazi-era imagery. We implore the Trump campaign to take greater caution and familiarize themselves with the historical context before doing so. Ignorance is not an excuse for appropriating hateful symbols.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Listening to the oral arguments is making it sound like the SCOTUS will be rendering a split decision on both of Trump's tax returns.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_ar...ent_audio/2020
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well this certainly isn't a dog whistle. Not at all.

These horrible & politically charged decisions coming out of the Supreme Court are shotgun blasts into the face of people that are proud to call themselves Republicans or Conservatives. We need more Justices or we will lose our 2nd. Amendment & everything else. Vote Trump 2020!

...did you ever finish Trump's 2019 update, WBE?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Well this certainly isn't a dog whistle. Not at all.

...did you ever finish Trump's 2019 update, WBE?
    There isn't enough time. I'd have to be a full time writer, and it would take a month to write just a year about what s***ty things he and his administration are doing.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There isn't enough time. I'd have to be a full time writer, and it would take a month to write just a year about what s***ty things he and his administration are doing.
    Soooooo, we're getting last year's profile for this year then?

But seriously, ooooooof. There's constant nonsense that just keeps going.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    If trump weren't a simpleton, I'd say he was trolling with this statement.

“I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous. It’s actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it.”
    It’s amazing that after 4 years of absolutely the most vile and ignorant statements, he can still say something that makes you stomach turn.

This is like Hitler saying, “hey I’m pretty great. The world knows a lot more about Passover because of me.”
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-18-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Listening to the oral arguments is making it sound like the SCOTUS will be rendering a split decision on both of Trump's tax returns.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_ar...ent_audio/2020
    The four Cons will vote with Trump no matter what the arguments or the Constitution says. Roberts might have ruled on the two this week so he could protect trump in this case.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The four Cons will vote with Trump no matter what the arguments or the Constitution says. Roberts might have ruled on the two this week so he could protect trump in this case.
    When it comes to the subpoena power case... I’m honestly torn a bit on how I think this will be ruled. Thomas is all prepared to use “presidential harassment” to get Trump free, but there would be a danger towards empowering the executive branch above the legislative branch regardless of whatever long term views, personal beliefs, and pragmatism Roberts has.

There’s only so much two-stepping Roberts could allow before it would come back to bite his Court in the @$$ very quickly if either Trump loses in November... or if Trump wins in November, considering how spiteful and willful Trump is, and how much his supporters in office and on the streets want him to rule by fiat on their personal pet policies.

I can easily see Roberts being a partisan hack here and aiding with a very defensive stance for Trump so he’s in the clear all the way until the election, or alternatively being a pragmatic partisan and desiring to defend a tool and capability he may feel the GOP might need in the future... or just flat out wanting to extricate the Court entirely from the situation until after November, and obfuscating in immediate action for at least another year.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    When it comes to the subpoena power case... I’m honestly torn a bit on how I think this will be ruled. Thomas is all prepared to use “presidential harassment” to get Trump free, but there would be a danger towards empowering the executive branch above the legislative branch regardless of whatever long term views, personal beliefs, and pragmatism Roberts has.

There’s only so much two-stepping Roberts could allow before it would come back to bite his Court in the @$$ very quickly if either Trump loses in November... or if Trump wins in November, considering how spiteful and willful Trump is, and how much his supporters in office and on the streets want him to rule by fiat on their personal pet policies.

I can easily see Roberts being a partisan hack here and aiding with a very defensive stance for Trump so he’s in the clear all the way until the election, or alternatively being a pragmatic partisan and desiring to defend a tool and capability he may feel the GOP might need in the future... or just flat out wanting to extricate the Court entirely from the situation until after November, and obfuscating in immediate action for at least another year.
    The law is the law. There is no partisanship here.

Roberts is on record and so it Gorsuch for not personally agreeing with a ruling they made.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium