Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast

What issue is this from, Frontier? After Outsiders, I've been hesitant to get any Bat books unless Cass is there and not just a peripheral mention. Thanks!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentimpotent View Post
    What issue is this from, Frontier? After Outsiders, I've been hesitant to get any Bat books unless Cass is there and not just a peripheral mention. Thanks!!
    It is from Batman #103.

It is just a cameo. She is watching a person on Batman's orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cass finally looks like Cass again .
    That she does and I (also) couldn't be happier.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Agree about that.
    Again Bruce had a daughter before he ever had any sons. Bruce is allowed to have a daughter though it seems that the issue is which daughter.

Helena no good Cass good.

Cass has a mother and Bruce has done enough adoption for exploitation purposes.

The whole taking in orphans and endangering them is starting to look more like a sinister fetish than a man taking in kids because he cares.

If he cared he wouldn't be dressing them up to fight crime. That has no legs theses days after having lost 3 kids. Enough.

I get this is a Cass thread but Bruce should not adopt Cass. That gimmick is done.
    The better idea would be to introduce his actual daughter. Helena. make her canon or with Earth 2 returning make the worlds of earth 2's Helena Wayne collide more with this world's Bruce and Selina's.

That has more story potential than simply writing in that Cass is adopted just to make her part of the inner circle [because that worked so well the last time] We've seen Bruce adopt kids multiple times I'd rather see him raise a baby of his own.

That is fresh. Bruce and Selina raising their new daughter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Again Bruce had a daughter before he ever had any sons. Bruce is allowed to have a daughter though it seems that the issue is which daughter.

Helena no good Cass good.

Cass has a mother and Bruce has done enough adoption for exploitation purposes.

The whole taking in orphans and endangering them is starting to look more like a sinister fetish than a man taking in kids because he cares.

If he cared he wouldn't be dressing them up to fight crime. That has no legs theses days after having lost 3 kids. Enough.

I get this is a Cass thread but Bruce should not adopt Cass. That gimmick is done.
    The better idea would be to introduce his actual daughter. Helena. make her canon or with Earth 2 returning make the worlds of earth 2's Helena Wayne collide more with this world's Bruce and Selina's.

That has more story potential than simply writing in that Cass is adopted just to make her part of the inner circle [because that worked so well the last time] We've seen Bruce adopt kids multiple times I'd rather see him raise a baby of his own.

That is fresh. Bruce and Selina raising their new daughter.
    Yeah...no.

No one wants to see Bruce change diapers. No one really expects to see a kid to stick around after dozens of different writing teams without being stuck in a blender.

Helena Wayne only happened because of Earth 2, coming into creation off panel. No one wants to wait 18 years for her to grow up and take the mantle, or a mantle

Whether Cass should be legally adopted is meaningless point. That Cass should be part of the inner circle is not.

It's not just that she'd be his daughter, its that her mindset is the closest to him. All the Robins pull away as part of their identity.

Cassandra does not. She admires Bruce and his dedication. She'd be more like him if she could. She'd be a foil to him, and the others

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah...no.

No one wants to see Bruce change diapers. No one really expects to see a kid to stick around after dozens of different writing teams without being stuck in a blender.

Helena Wayne only happened because of Earth 2, coming into creation off panel. No one wants to wait 18 years for her to grow up and take the mantle, or a mantle

Whether Cass should be legally adopted is meaningless point. That Cass should be part of the inner circle is not.

It's not just that she'd be his daughter, its that her mindset is the closest to him. All the Robins pull away as part of their identity.

Cassandra does not. She admires Bruce and his dedication. She'd be more like him if she could. She'd be a foil to him, and the others
    Well, it could be an interesting change of pace .

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

No one really expects to see a kid to stick around after dozens of different writing teams without being stuck in a blender.

Yes, to all of this, and especially to Cassandra's dedication to the Bat.
    Last edited by RedBird; 11-21-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentimpotent View Post
    It is from Batman #103.

It is just a cameo. She is watching a person on Batman's orders.

Thank you, Konja7!!
    Last edited by omnipotentimpotent; 11-23-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Fellas, I can't tell you how good it is to see Cass back in that outfit. Goodbye and good riddance to that Orphan costume.
    I miss the BlackBat costume.

The full covered mask costume was with her for a long time, but it’s just hand-me-downs that Huntress first had during No Man’s Land.

I prefer her in the Black Bat outfit. Just not the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

The full covered mask costume was with her for a long time, but it’s just hand-me-downs that Huntress first had during No Man’s Land.

Granted I think Cass really made it her own and it fit her character very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Black Bat was a pretty cool outfit. I especially liked the white bandages around the arms for that design, real Rock Lee esque.

Agree on the name though. It wasn't bad, but I just don't see it on the cover a series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Black Bat was a pretty cool outfit. I especially liked the white bandages around the arms for that design, real Rock Lee esque.

Agree on the name though. It wasn't bad, but I just don't see it on the cover a series.
    I did like that the name correlated with Tim’s new identity:

RED Robin = BLACK Bat

Ultimate Member

Black Bat wasn't a bad name, but its a public domain name, so DC would never give it to her long term

Then why is Punchline called Punchline? There's an indie comic called that and it didn't stop Alexis getting her own one-shot under that name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Then why is Punchline called Punchline? There's an indie comic called that and it didn't stop Alexis getting her own one-shot under that name.
    Ask lawyers, not me. I imagine the differences between a name and character are enough.

But I do know Black Bat is public domain