View Poll Results: Favorite Power Armored Character in Marvel?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony Stark / Iron Man

16 30.19%
  • James Rhodes / War Machine

4 7.55%
  • Victor Von Doom / Doctor Doom

10 18.87%
  • Nathaniel Richards / Kang the Conqueror

2 3.77%
  • Wilbur Day / Stilt-Man

1 1.89%
  • Abe Jenkins / Beetle / Mach-1/IV/X

3 5.66%
  • Brendan Doyle / Mauler

0 0%
  • Pepper Potts / Rescue

0 0%
  • Norman Osborn / Iron Patriot

1 1.89%
  • Aaron Davis / Prowler

0 0%
  • Christopher Powell / Darkhawk

1 1.89%
  • Riri Williams / Ironheart

1 1.89%
  • Nate Richards / Iron Lad

0 0%
  • Mac Gargan / Scorpion

3 5.66%
  • Other

11 20.75%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Box (Madison Jeffries) - The original Box suit used by Roger Bochs was pretty clunky and ugly, but the suit Madison used just had such a great visual.
    IIRC, this was a changing of the guard. John Byrne was one of the top artists in the industry at the time, but Jim Lee's revamp of Box definitely put the original to shame. Still, whether original or upgrade, Box makes my list. I wouldn't mind seeing someone reimagine the character for current comic fans to appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    IIRC, this was a changing of the guard. John Byrne was one of the top artists in the industry at the time, but Jim Lee's revamp of Box definitely put the original to shame. Still, whether original or upgrade, Box makes my list. I wouldn't mind seeing someone reimagine the character for current comic fans to appreciate.
    I was a fan of Box Roger Bochs in the 80’s. I would also like to see the character re-imagined. I was really pissed at Bill Mantlo when he killed him off. I wrote a letter to Marvel. After he got done destroying the team by issue 50 it was over for Alpha Flight. They haven’t been the same since.

I want to give The Spitfire armor an honorable mention as well. I was a fan of the New Universe.

The redesigned Box armor definitely looks better, but I preferred Bochs as a character to Jeffries. I miss them as a team, too; Madison was a stand-up friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I was a fan of Box Roger Bochs in the 80’s. I would also like to see the character re-imagined. I was really pissed at Bill Mantlo when he killed him off. I wrote a letter to Marvel. After he got done destroying the team by issue 50 it was over for Alpha Flight. They haven’t been the same since.
    I feel like the team has gotten pretty close to their "default" again (except Northstar with the X-Men, but I like him better there anyway), but very much agreed on the Mantlo run being a trainwreck for the Byrne crew. Mantlo was way more interested in dismantling the Byrne team and writing the team as caricatures of themselves than progressing them; the guy literally came onto the book talking about which characters he was going to get rid of. Not a fan. And Bochsie got the worst of it, imo - at least most of the others survived or were brought back. I can't remember... was Bochs a mutant?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The redesigned Box armor definitely looks better, but I preferred Bochs as a character to Jeffries. I miss them as a team, too; Madison was a stand-up friend.

I feel like the team has gotten pretty close to their "default" again (except Northstar with the X-Men, but I like him better there anyway), but very much agreed on the Mantlo run being a trainwreck for the Byrne crew. Mantlo was way more interested in dismantling the Byrne team and writing the team as caricatures of themselves than progressing them; the guy literally came onto the book talking about which characters he was going to get rid of. Not a fan. And Bochsie got the worst of it, imo - at least most of the others survived or were brought back. I can't remember... was Bochs a mutant?
    Bochs was not...Jeffries is.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am trying to remember didn't Bochs originally just remote controll the armor? I know Jeffries was the one who modified it so Bochs actually phased into the armor, but I can not remember if Bochs ever actually wore the armor before that.

Cybermancer!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am trying to remember didn't Bochs originally just remote controll the armor? I know Jeffries was the one who modified it so Bochs actually phased into the armor, but I can not remember if Bochs ever actually wore the armor before that.
    Isn't that how whatsisname (Jaxon?) was responsible for killing Vindicator in the first place? (before Heather's bad timing) He had knocked out Bochs and was in control of it, but then got his brain fried. Feeling somewhat responsible, Bochs had Jeffries make sure nobody could take over the Box suit again. (that's all just going from memory)

But yes, I also agree that the Jeffries re-design was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post

When Mantlo sent the twins to Elfheim I almost hurled. Because they had pointy ears he decided they were elf’s and not mutants. What a ridiculous concept. That was the end of them. I was stunned at the total dismantling. How Marvel let him destroy AF was beyond me. It was one of my biggest pulls. Bochsie almost made it out of that blob after he came to his senses. That would have been the ideal outcome. Limbo would have been better than just killing him off. Jeffries has rarely been seen in the Box armor since. It just never suited him like it did Bochsie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Does Death's Head (Minion) count?
    How about original Death's Head, yes?