Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, the way they handled Spidey in the MCU, he was never much of an essential or focal figure beyond some spotlight moments, so Marvel Studios can pretty much just pretend he didn't exist and move from there.

We can also get Ironheart for a proper Stark legacy and gadget hero.

Man, now that I think about it, MCU Spider-Man really did just feel like a stand-in for a bunch of other teen heroes...
    Wasn't that Harley's purpose in Iron Man 3?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, the way they handled Spidey in the MCU, he was never much of an essential or focal figure beyond some spotlight moments, so Marvel Studios can pretty much just pretend he didn't exist and move from there.
    In terms of logical narrative, I don't see how Spider-man could ever be much of a focal point. He's just your neighborhood hero

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In terms of logical narrative, I don't see how Spider-man could ever be much of a focal point. He's just your neighborhood hero
    Ideally he would've been the doorway into the street-level and more traditional costumed Supervillain side of the MCU, especially since the Netflix shows are basically their own thing, but I don't think that would have worked as well in the movies or something they could have captured as well with their take on Spider-Man.

Plus he stands out with his secret identity but that got devalued a lot in the movies anyways.

I would love to see more of nova. I could see him taking off, excuse the pun

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so then we're talking about the Sam version then.
    I cannot see Disney using the Richard Rider Nova, (Even though I'd love to see Andy Sandberg play him, Imagine the out takes with Andy Sandberg, and Paul Rudd (Lonely Island), those two would drive the censors at Disney crazy). So Disney will definitely be using the Sam Alexander version
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Isn’t that site run by the alt-right?? Anyway Marvel is already the new Spider-Man.
    I wouldn't say that Cosmic Book News is Alt Right, although they did push www.patrioticUberAmerikan.ru (the r's are backwards)....yeah you're right about that one (jk... that is not a real web site, if you follow Rick Wilson you'll get the joke...but Cosmic Book News are definitely Alt Right)
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    eh...its' not like that source is less reliable than this site or any other comic site at the moment.
    It's absolutely less reliable. They have a history of posting flat out nonsensical bullshit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    I cannot see Disney using the Richard Rider Nova, (Even though I'd love to see Andy Sandberg play him, Imagine the out takes with Andy Sandberg, and Paul Rudd (Lonely Island), those two would drive the censors at Disney crazy). So Disney will definitely be using the Sam Alexander version
    I'm hoping both. Get us a buddy cop movie going.

Neither, IMO, can carry a movie by themselves

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Huh. It'll be pretty interesting if that's the case.

I remember them having everyone looking for a "Nova Easter egg" not too long ago, and then be like

"Nah, we were just joshin ya'"

But... this type of thing is too far out to say "No" or "Yes" I can't even imagine what would happen if there was a leaker.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.