Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Condolences to the Bush family. I believe Barbara was only woman who was both married to a president and had a son who became president.
    It's a small club, but Abigail Adams beat her to founding it about 200 years earlier.

Excellent public service announcement.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/o...6jQ#.ccg3g7Aoz
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Abigail Adams was the only other one.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's a small club, but Abigail Adams beat her to founding it about 200 years earlier.
    I learned something new today. Thanks!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    RIP.

I could see the Bushes inviting the Clintons and the Obamas to the funeral... But I can't see the Bushes inviting Trump...
    The Obamas were pretty close with her son George W. He made Obama crack up while Bill was giving a speech

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-17-2018 at 06:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    For those who don't understand"comfort Care", it is essentially a dignified passing. Treatment is given but mainly for pain relief, but anything else the person wants, they'll get.

It's very difficult to talk, but that's how my mom passed away, so I know what Barbara was given in her last hours.
    I used to work in a Nursing home as an aide and sat with a guy with Alzhemeirs a few years ago. So i know what you reference.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Here's a touching response from the White House about Mrs. Bush's passing.

They care so much that made this back in 2017. :|

Meanwhile, WBE, here's something for when you do a profile of Kay Ivey, Alabama's governor.

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) on Tuesday released a campaign ad touting an act she signed last year to protect Confederate monuments in the state.

Speaking at a campaign appearance later in the day, Ivey defended the ad, criticizing “folks in Washington” and “out-of-state liberals” for attempting to interfere with the state’s historical monuments.

"We can't and shouldn't even try to charge or erase or tear down our history,” she said, according to AL.com. “We must learn from our history.”

Ivey took over Alabama's governorship after last year's resignation of Gov. Robert Bentley (R), who pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations. She's running for election to a full term in November.

Last May, Ivey signed the Alabama Memorial Preservation Act of 2017, legislation to block local governments from removing monuments or renaming public schools that have existed for more than 40 years. The legislation came amid a national debate over whether Confederate monuments should be allowed to remain in place.

In the campaign ad released Tuesday, Ivey tears into Washington, saying it’s “politically correct nonsense” to think that they “always know better.”

“We can’t change or erase our history, but here in Alabama, we know something Washington doesn’t — to get where we’re going means understanding where we’ve been,” she says in the ad.

Ivey also blasts “special interest groups” for calling for the statues to be removed. The Alabama NAACP and the Alabama Black Caucus, an arm of the state’s Democratic Party, have both opposed the law protecting the statues.
    She seems charming. Also, lady, no one likes a sore loser. Remove your damn second place trophies from government land already!

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Yeah, Kay's pretty much a puppet and knows she's going to get replaced in November, so she's doing her damnest to suck up to the 'Bama GOP to try and keep that from happening.

God, this state is embarrassing...

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    For those who don't understand"comfort Care", it is essentially a dignified passing. Treatment is given but mainly for pain relief, but anything else the person wants, they'll get.

It's very difficult to talk, but that's how my mom passed away, so I know what Barbara was given in her last hours.
    In U.K. we usually use term “palliative care”...I think US term probably more “sensible”?

Barbara B will...among other things..be fondly remembered for her work on adult literacy. That made a real improvement to many peoples life.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 04-17-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    In U.K. we usually use term “palliative care”...I think US term probably more “sensible”?

Barbara B will...among other things..be fondly remembered for her work on adult literacy. That made a real improvement to many peoples life.
    "Palliative care" is used here in the colonies too.

====================

Passengers Praise Southwest Airlines Pilot Who Landed Safely After Engine Explosion

Tammy Jo Shults, who was one of the first female fighter pilots in the U.S. Navy, safely landed the stricken Southwest Airlines flight on Tuesday.

Nikki Haley Hits Back At White House: ‘I Don’t Get Confused’

The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations did not mince words. Over/under on when she's fired: one week, and that's a generous estimate. Dolt45 doesn't tolerate disobedience from his minions and damn sure won't like a woman going off script. Meanwhile....

Republicans Befuddled By Trump’s Abrupt Reversal On New Russia Sanctions

“That’s just not a good signal to Moscow or any of our adversaries or allies,” one senator said. But it was good for Trump who's trying to keep his relationship with Bad Vlad Putin from going completely down the toilet.

Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens Refuses To Resign Despite Calls From His Own Party

Greitens has been embroiled in several scandals, including accusations of sexual misconduct. The GOP, the party of law and order.

Fox News’ Judicial Analyst Absolutely Shreds Hannity’s Cohen Claim

“He can’t have it both ways,” says Andrew Napolitano. Sean Hamhocks earns millions from his TV show and can hire any lawyer he wants, yet he went with Trump's shyster. Things that make you go HMMMMMMMM!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-18-2018 at 03:16 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Yeah, Kay's pretty much a puppet and knows she's going to get replaced in November, so she's doing her damnest to suck up to the 'Bama GOP to try and keep that from happening.

God, this state is embarrassing...
    Kay Ivey has one of the highest approval ratings of any Governor in the country.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...al_rating.html

Unless it turns out she likes teenage boys, she is unlikely to be beaten by a Democrat in November.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Speaking of tweets from Trump, here's some classic insanity.

There is a Revolution going on in California. Soooo many Sanctuary areas want OUT of this ridiculous, crime infested & breeding concept. Jerry Brown is trying to back out of the National Guard at the Border, but the people of the State are not happy. Want Security & Safety NOW!

Oh, and in talking with Chris Hayes on MSNBC, Formner A.G. Eric Holder admitted he's considering running for president in 2020.

I'm more okay with him trying for it than I am with either Biden or Sanders.

Report Says Sean Hannity Linked To Other Trump-Connected Attorneys, Besides Cohen

Days after it was revealed that Fox News host Sean Hannity was a client of President Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, The Atlantic reports that the political commentator has employed at least two other lawyers with links to the president and who are also frequent guests on his show.

According to the magazine, attorneys Jay Sekulow and Victoria Toensing sent a cease-and-desist letter on behalf of Hannity to an Oklahoma radio station responding to an accusation against the host made on air by conservative activist Debbie Schlussel, who said Hannity had been "creepy" toward her and invited her to his hotel room.

Hannity has said the accusations are "100 percent false and a complete fabrication" and the letter authored by Sekulow and Toensing charged that Schlussel's remarks were defamatory.