Page 19 of 208 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Raiders of the Lost Ark

I've seen it about a dozen times but it's been years since I last saw it. It was on Netflix so I decided to watch it again. As fun and entertaining as ever.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I watched the original Point Break last night. Is it just me or was Lori Petty REALLY hot looking in that movie?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Los Versos Del Olvido ("Oblivion Verses") from 2017, by Iranian director Alireza Khatami making his first feature-length film, and starring Spanish actor Juan Margallo. On the surface it's the story of a cemetery caretaker who finds himself at odds with the oppressive government; but the movie forces you to look beyond that surface in a magical realistic journey that deals with themes of remembrance, death, and perhaps most importantly, leaves very much open to your own interpretation. A very nice surprise.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I watched the original Point Break last night. Is it just me or was Lori Petty REALLY hot looking in that movie?
    Yup time hit her fast and hard though

Bird Box
    Black Mirror: Bandersnatch
    The Intern

I'm starting to think that The Intern is my go-to chill movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Bird Box
    Black Mirror: Bandersnatch
    The Intern

I'm starting to think that The Intern is my go-to chill movie.
    Is the Intern the Robert Deniro and Anne Hatheway movie?

Well, I tried watching First Man again. But much like when I tried to watch it in theaters, the constant use of handheld cameras (and I mean in every FREAKING scene!) gave me such a bad case of motion sickness, I found the movie to be unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is the Intern the Robert Deniro and Anne Hatheway movie?
    Indeed, it is. It's just one of those feel-good type movies. It's the movie equivalent of a warm blanket

I also recently watched Solo on Netflix. I actually thought it was good. I'm glad I watched it at home, rather than in the theatres, but I didn't hate it.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Indeed, it is. It's just one of those feel-good type movies. It's the movie equivalent of a warm blanket

I also recently watched Solo on Netflix. I actually thought it was good. I'm glad I watched it at home, rather than in the theatres, but I didn't hate it.
    Watching solo right now like it so far but I'm not a star wars guy really

Finished it I really enjoyed it. As whole I liked it but there were parts I loved. Rogue one and Solo imo are miles better then The main saga films they are making. Shame Solo didnt do well. because I could watch Han and Chewy forever. That kid did a great job as Han. Not a big star wars head who's the kid leading the rebellion? They made a big deal of her reveal. I assume shes the lady In charge of the rebellion in episode 4 but I honestly havent watched any of the original 3 more then once. At first I thought she was suppose to be Mals and Beckets daughter till all the rebellion talk
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-21-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Retired

I remember seeing THE INTERN on the airplane. It was a perfectly good movie for watching on an airplane. There should be categories for movies like this--what to watch on an airplane, when you're visiting family, at night when you can't get to sleep, when you're in a strange city and want to rest in a movie theatre for a couple of hours.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Oh, is that 'The Handmaiden', the same adaptation? I've heard it's really very good. We covered Fingersmith at a bookclub and somebody mentioned that her other works have good adaptations too.
    It probably is. The one I mentioned is by the director of Oldboy.

I'd love to join your bookclub

Geostorm with Gerard Butler. Was it bad? Yes. But did I continue watching and revel in the badness? Yes. A truly fun bad movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Training Day with Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke. Decent film but not Oscar-worthy for anyone involved. Its literally like a million other films about corrupt cops and had nothing new to say at all. But the neighborhood dudes standing around in the bad neighborhoods were pretty dope!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Retired

SNOWPIERCER (2013) directed by Bong Joon Ho. There's a theory this movie is a sequel to WILLIE WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (1971).

Funny thing is, other than John Hurt and Ed Harris, I didn't recognize any of the actors when I watched the movie and only after realized that the lead was played by Chris Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Training Day with Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke. Decent film but not Oscar-worthy for anyone involved. Its literally like a million other films about corrupt cops and had nothing new to say at all. But the neighborhood dudes standing around in the bad neighborhoods were pretty dope!
    Sacrilege. Denzels performance in that movie is one of my all time favorites.