Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ASM not part of Spider-Geddon at all?

Just read the reading order for Spider-Geddon, and didn't see any Amazing Spidey issues included. Is it strange a Spider-Man cross over event wouldn't include the flagship title?

Trying to think if that has been done in the past with any other titles?

Peter isn't going to be involved all that much. There is a Spectacular tie-in, I believe.

BANNED

Maybe Nick Spencer did not want a deja vu all over again like with Secret Empire and the two Captain America titles.

It's a separate event. I completely understand why Spencer wouldn't want to focus on a big crossover so soon into his run.

It seems it'll focus on 616 Miles, and the video game Spidey.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

There are probably a lot of reasons ASM doesn't want to tie-in to it:

- Spencer wants to do his own thing.

- Peter will be taking an even bigger backset this time around so ASM will be there for those who want more focus on Peter and his story.

- Spec is there for tie-in duties.

Spider-Geddon seems to be happening pretty much just to reduce the abundance of ancillary Spider-characters, so there's really no point in including Peter since he's obviously not going to die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Spider-Geddon seems to be happening pretty much just to reduce the abundance of ancillary Spider-characters, so there's really no point in including Peter since he's obviously not going to die.
    Unless it's RYV Peter.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Unless it's RYV Peter.
    I mean, the second the Inheritors rejected the idea of eating Otto since he's not a totem, RYV Peter was the first character I started getting an eerie feeling about. Kaine and Ben as well.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Unless it's RYV Peter.
    Oh good... now I’m getting Dan Slott’s Spider-Girl flashbacks again. Way to put THAT THOUGHT into my mind.

I think Insomiac Spiderman is going to be the Peter for this series. 616 Peter I expect to show up in the very end of the series just unsure on how much of a role he will play

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I think Insomiac Spiderman is going to be the Peter for this series. 616 Peter I expect to show up in the very end of the series just unsure on how much of a role he will play
    Well at very least he’s going to have a role to play in Spectacular Spider-Man. How big of a role he plays in the main story will probably depend on just how far from San Francisco this story ends up going. At very least, more alternate spiders will be brought into play.

BANNED

I think it's just as simple as Spencer not wanting to derail his Spidey run with a big crossover this early on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Oh good... now I’m getting Dan Slott’s Spider-Girl flashbacks again. Way to put THAT THOUGHT into my mind.
    Sorry about that, I didn't want to suggest it, but I'm thinking of the ways that Annie and "Mayday" can bond over in Spider-Girls, losing their dads would be one of them, or perhaps "Mayday" wants to ensure what happened to her dad does not befall Annie.

That's good, you don't need to involve the flagship character in every event.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, the second the Inheritors rejected the idea of eating Otto since he's not a totem, RYV Peter was the first character I started getting an eerie feeling about. Kaine and Ben as well.
    Spoilers for Scarlet Spider 25.
    spoilers:
    Kaine's dead.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman