Page 40 of 170 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/04/02/...illa-trailers/

The footage described here

spoilers:
    Has Jenkins say Diana is at her full powers. Describes her jumping across the street, but also "rising through the air the entire time." So is she flying or at least doing the gliding on air currents thing? She is also described as running down the street at superhuman speeds, which sounds like something right out of Sensation Comics #1. Cheetah is also teased, it doesn't sound like we got a full glimpse of her yet.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/04/02/...illa-trailers/

The footage described here

spoilers:
    Has Jenkins say Diana is at her full powers. Describes her jumping across the street, but also "rising through the air the entire time." So is she flying or at least doing the gliding on air currents thing? She is also described as running down the street at superhuman speeds, which sounds like something right out of Sensation Comics #1. Cheetah is also teased, it doesn't sound like we got a full glimpse of her yet.
    end of spoilers
    Interesting to read Patty's comment about Diana's powers. I think WW84 will give us a better idea of how well Patty can handle the action part of films like this. The first one was lacking in that aspect. DCEU WW doesn't feel like a top tier yet. And i hope this changes eventually. Because her character and verse have everything to feel powerful and visually epic. What do you think?
    Last edited by starlight25; 04-03-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Yes. And Hot Toys and Mafex, presumably...
    Oh. Sorry, I thought you originally meant that you'd *seen* some new WW84 toys revealed.

I'm worried that Wonder Woman 1984 will be lost in the shuffle of the licence from Mattel to Spin Masters and McFarlane. I hope that isn't the case and that the film gets plenty of new toys!

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Interesting to read Patty's comment about Diana's powers. I think WW84 will give us a better idea of how well Patty can handle the action part of films like this. The first one was lacking in that aspect. DCEU WW doesn't feel like a top tier yet. And i hope this changes eventually. Because her character and verse have everything to feel powerful and visually epic. What do you think?
    Wonder Woman is at her full power! I don't know man. Isn't this too early to say. It is just the second movie to max out her powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Wonder Woman is at her full power! I don't know man. Isn't this too early to say. It is just the second movie to max out her powers.
    I don't know. I still want to see how she will handle the action this time around. If we get more films, then anything can happen. WW84 doesn't have to be her limit if we get a franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Oh. Sorry, I thought you originally meant that you'd *seen* some new WW84 toys revealed.

I'm worried that Wonder Woman 1984 will be lost in the shuffle of the licence from Mattel to Spin Masters and McFarlane. I hope that isn't the case and that the film gets plenty of new toys!
    They are definitely making WW84 Barbies. Presumable, with the armor, since we have 3 near identical versions already. I hope they make the Wonder Woman Movie line again... the ones that weren't Barbies.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

spoilers:
    So Cheetah is described as "both friend and foe" in the footage. Maybe Barbara tries to be Diana's sidekick or something, with a costume, and then gets more out of control as her transformation takes hold?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    spoilers:
    So Cheetah is described as "both friend and foe" in the footage. Maybe Barbara tries to be Diana's sidekick or something, with a costume, and then gets more out of control as her transformation takes hold?
    end of spoilers
    Interesting. That could make a great plot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    They are definitely making WW84 Barbies. Presumable, with the armor, since we have 3 near identical versions already. I hope they make the Wonder Woman Movie line again... the ones that weren't Barbies.
    Mattel have lost the "complete" DC licence. At this time, we know that they still have the licence for DC Super Hero Girls, but whether they have the rights to make other DC characters in the Barbie Doll-style is unknown (at least to the best of my knowledge). They *could* release WW84 product early (i.e. while they still have the licence), but I'm not sure WB/DC would be happy with merchandise for the movie being released so early, especially if it "reveals" Diana's (rumoured) new costume and Cheetah's physical appearance.

Because of the date of expiration of Mattel's licence, it's unclear whether McFarlane, who now hold the licence for 6" and 12" figures (which is presumably different to 12" action dolls / dolls), will be able to get WW84 product on shelves at the appropriate time for the movie's release. Similarly, the scope of Spin Masters' licence, which is rumoured to include "basic" action figures, possibly in the 3.75" or 6" scale, is unknown. And given that Mattel didn't bother releasing a "basic" line of action figures for the first Wonder Woman film, I'm not sure Spin Masters would do anything for WW84 due to the old (and repeatedly disproven) fear that "boys don't buy toys of female characters".

McFarlane should be dropping some hints about their plans at SDCC later in the year, so hopefully we'll know then whether they're planning on producing merchandise for WW84.

TimC

Does anyone know If in WW84 Diana is finally going to use her magic lasso or do the famous spin done and created by Lynda Carter to change into Wonder Woman?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    Does anyone know If in WW84 Diana is finally going to use her magic lasso or do the famous spin done and created by Lynda Carter to change into Wonder Woman?
    She's used the Lasso in every movie appearance thus far, so that seems likely.

As far as the spin? No one is sure. In the No Man's Land scene in the first movie, she kinda moved around in a circle as she changed into her costume, which many consider a kind of homage to the Spin.

Time will tell, I suppose.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I hope Chris Pines somehow reappears in the next movie

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope Chris Pines somehow reappears in the next movie
    Oh, he will. Both Patty and Gal likes him.

I wonder if we will ever get them married in the movies

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Patty Jenkins wishes Gal Gadot happy birthday sharing a new picture from WW84:

"Happy Birthday to my most spectacular, incredible, amazing, beautiful, loving, powerful, hilarious and awe inspiring friend and partner. I love you more than words can say. Happy Birthday @GalGadot #WW1984"

https://twitter.com/pattyjenks/statu...64917535186945