Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

The official release of the SDCC Avengers PS4 footage. And at 11:14, in being relevant to this thread, is the Kamala kameo.

She looks so good! Can't wait to see her gameplay.

Captu233re.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    The official release of the SDCC Avengers PS4 footage. And at 11:14, in being relevant to this thread, is the Kamala kameo.

Did I hear her mention "Abu?" is that her dad that picks her up at the end?

Wait, hasn't Kamala just gained her powers in that scene? If her father was there, unlike in the comics where she'd snuck out, then he may know she has powers before she even takes the Ms. Marvel name. That would be a massive departure from comics canon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, hasn't Kamala just gained her powers in that scene? If her father was there, unlike in the comics where she'd snuck out, then he may know she has powers before she even takes the Ms. Marvel name. That would be a massive departure from comics canon.
    He probably would have no idea what happened or that the green mist did anything to her, especially if he was more focused on getting her out of there at the time.

Mighty Member

Champions is cancelled, remember, only two issues left. And I'd imagine they're set during the latter half of Rosenberg UXM, i.e. before HOXPOX.
    True. I think it's a good bet that it will be back way sooner than later though. Maybe we'll see a new status quo as a result of the aftermath of HoX... I think that's unlikely tbh. I don't see Marvel giving up on the property yet and I don't think they should. It does almost guarantee that HoX/PoX won't get referenced in this volume though.

I feel for Dust. She’s not going to be in dawn of x books because she’d finally got in a book and it ends in 2 issues, lol. With that said I’m glad Kamala is leaving some books. I love seeing her but I’m glad for at least a little bit MMM will be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    She looks so good! Can't wait to see her gameplay.

Captu233re.jpg
    Cool foreshadowing.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I feel for Dust. She’s not going to be in dawn of x books because she’d finally got in a book and it ends in 2 issues, lol. With that said I’m glad Kamala is leaving some books. I love seeing her but I’m glad for at least a little bit MMM will be the only one.
    None of the kids are in the announced Dawn of X books except for Laura and Quentin.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

None of the kids are in the announced Dawn of X books except for Laura and Quentin.
    Remember that list they showed at comic con? A lot of random kids will be around in the background of X-Men. But you are right about the other ones.

On to today’s Ms. Marvel. A lot happened but also a lot didn’t. They are still dancing around whatever happens between her and Bruno tho it did sort of hint towards what I thought that Kamala thought her dad was having an affair. But the scenes with Nakia and Bruno were lovely. As was the scene with Tony.

I thought it was funny Ahmed used the not 18 yet line. So it keeps whatever age Marvel wants her to be (16 or 17) in line. My opinion is still 16 but it does leave the possibility she’s aged at least one year since the first volume.

She HAS to have aged at least a year, in fact, it should be two... evidence:
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl launched with Doreen as a first year student at ESU - and Kamala's book started earlier. After Secret Wars, she's now a second year. She should in fact have just started her third, because...
    Champions #24 mentions it's the start of a new school year.
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1 also mentions the start of a new school year - and it's not the same one, as Champions has yet to use her new costume, so this must take place after Champions #7 (LGY#34).

That means at least two years have happened in-universe in the last five years in the real world. She's certainly a high school senior at this point. They're talking about college, and Miles has a birthday in his next issue - by the same writer. Miles had another birthday in an annual just last year, so I'm pretty sure Kamala's not more than a few months from her own 18th birthday. Wouldn't surprise me if Ahmed's runs on MMM and Miles Morales: Spider-Man both end with them graduating high school.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-21-2019 at 11:07 AM.

More importantly, we saw a little more of what her new suit can do. The scarf is bladed but can morph into other tools like scanning cameras and grabbing hands, and it also seems to expand Kamala's own shapeshifting as she can now morph her fists into metallic weapons like blades and steel maces.

Tony doesn't seem to think its A.I. is putting Kamala at risk, but I still feel like this suit is building up to a sort of Venom-meets-Apocalypse problem for Kamala. Perhaps the stress of her father dying might cause her relationship with the suit to change for the worse.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

She HAS to have aged at least a year, in fact, it should be two... evidence:
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl launched with Doreen as a first year student at ESU - and Kamala's book started earlier. After Secret Wars, she's now a second year. She should in fact have just started her third, because...
    Champions #24 mentions it's the start of a new school year.
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1 also mentions the start of a new school year - and it's not the same one, as Champions has yet to use her new costume, so this must take place after Champions #7 (LGY#34).

That means at least two years have happened in-universe in the last five years in the real world. She's certainly a high school senior at this point. They're talking about college, and Miles has a birthday in his next issue - by the same writer. Miles had another birthday in an annual just last year, so I'm pretty sure Kamala's not more than a few months from her own 18th birthday. Wouldn't surprise me if Ahmed's runs on MMM and Miles Morales: Spider-Man both end with them graduating high school.
    You are talking Marvel here. Logic doesn’t matter. lol.

Kamala's feelings towards the memory wipe summed up my feelings towards it well. They think it's helping but so far it ain't. But besides that I really liked the issue as it sets up some new stuff. New villain is creepy and I'm glad we're following up on it judging from the preview. New costume is slowly growing more on me, and the drama around the disease was done well.

Just finished with issue 6
    spoilers:
    In spite of her parent's memories being erased I thought this was a really solid issue it had the mix of the silliness and drama that I love from Ms. Marvel. I really love Tony being a mentor to Kamala and just being a source of emotional support for her. I hope we could see more interactions like this between the older and newer generation. I still find the new suit a bit over designed but it seems like it will make action scenes a bit more interesting. Although couldn't Kamala do most of the things the suit could do on her own. Shapeshifting was a part of her power set; or has she lost that?
    end of spoilers