Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

What about Colossus? Should he be slapping him around? Or Iron Man (is he still class 100 in his armor?)?
    Yes, throwing spaceships outside star systems means he can slap around these people

How about his showing against Firelord in SS 146. The same Firelord who needed to be taken down by Thor and Hercules in Thor 225 (I think?).
    Fire lord vs Surfer in SS 146 doesnt tell us anything at all about Surfers physical strength

Again, there's a basis for my drawing that conclusion. Slade has literally no "stand alone" feats of FTL reaction/combat feats. Nor has he ever been categorized that way. Wally West on the other hand? God of Speed Wally West?
    Need I say more?
    Slade is also "enhanced"...eh you know what let's take the example of Orion. Has genuine superspeed. Is stated to be equal to Superman. Not many appearances. Is he lightspeed?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Orion is a better example of the thing you're trying to demonstrate, yeah.

Surfer amped his strength to fight the Thing in one of his first appearances... Granted they were both s lot weaker then. Most non-asgardians were as marvel hadn't really established their power hierarchy yet. There's also that time he got super swole from absorbing a sun's energy, though I don't know that he did anything strength related with it or just looked buffer.

It does seem like his modern showings don't really have him explicitly amp his strength anymore though, and largely just rely on him being strong enough to throw down with the big dogs. A few other showings: when he drained Hulk back to Banne back in the day, he caught Hulk's fists mid swing and held them in place. He was also winning a slugfest with Abomination before zorching the dude. And he's grappled with Thor and other bricks at various points pretty evenly.

One last thing I'll note on Bill: his "planet busting" showing appears to have been a pretty small planet, comparing its destruction to the earth like planet that goes blown up in the next issue. By comparison, Gladiator destroyed a world that actually sustained a civilization, as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Orion is a better example of the thing you're trying to demonstrate, yeah.

Surfer amped his strength to fight the Thing in one of his first appearances... Granted they were both s lot weaker then. Most non-asgardians were as marvel hadn't really established their power hierarchy yet. There's also that time he got super swole from absorbing a sun's energy, though I don't know that he did anything strength related with it or just looked buffer.

It does seem like his modern showings don't really have him explicitly amp his strength anymore though, and largely just rely on him being strong enough to throw down with the big dogs. A few other showings: when he drained Hulk back to Banne back in the day, he caught Hulk's fists mid swing and held them in place. He was also winning a slugfest with Abomination before zorching the dude. And he's grappled with Thor and other bricks at various points pretty evenly.

One last thing I'll note on Bill: his "planet busting" showing appears to have been a pretty small planet, comparing its destruction to the earth like planet that goes blown up in the next issue. By comparison, Gladiator destroyed a world that actually sustained a civilization, as an example.
    If we are talking about Infinity Crusade, Surfer destroyed a moon but was dead by the impact and actually ended up in Death's realm before his mother asked him to live. Next issue revealed that the moon busting took all his power to do.

Also in Hulk 250, he was amped on a gamma bomb before he stopped Hulk's swings and before that Hulk was physically knocking him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    If we are talking about Infinity Crusade, Surfer destroyed a moon but was dead by the impact and actually ended up in Death's realm before his mother asked him to live. Next issue revealed that the moon busting took all his power to do.
    The Surfer has blown up planets on a variety of occasions. He's also emerged emerged from such force just fine. Do you feel the Infinity Crusade showing cancels that out?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-11-2020 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    You seem to feel that a variety of Marvel characters are defined by their lower showings at this point.

The Surfer has blown up planets on a variety of occasions. Do you feel the Infinity Crusade showing cancels them all out?
    I never said that, I was just answering as to what happened in the Infinity Crusade scene.

Surfer hasn't physically destroyed planets as far as I know.

I never said that, I was just answering as to what happened in the Infinity Crusade scene.

Do you feel that the Silver Surfer's durability tops out at moon destroying force?

Do you feel that the Silver Surfer's durability tops out at moon destroying force?
    Of course not. Surfer is easily above planetary level durability, far too many feats above planetary level.

Just curious.

As far as smashing his own body through crap goes, the Surfer's best performance is probably the time he blew through multiple walls of thick vibranium with what came off as basically no effort wayyy the hell back in the Englehart run.

But that's as much about speed and durability as it is strength, it could be argued.

Headbutt!
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

That's not physical, that's the side effect of them zapping each other. You can see the flare of energy around them/emerging from their eyes/etc.

Good morning! Not much to contribute.

Just wanted to say that I have been thoroughly enjoying the discussion in this thread so far (especially exploding Superman arms parts) as I sip my morning coffee. Please continue. =)
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post

Headbutt!
    That's more like an energy blast from both Morg and Surfer.

especially exploding Superman arms parts
    Seriously, if Superman willing his exploded arms to reform never happens in comics, comics have lost all reason to exist.

Just curious.

As far as smashing his own body through crap goes, the Surfer's best performance is probably the time he blew through multiple walls of thick vibranium with what came off as basically no effort wayyy the hell back in the Englehart run.

But that's as much about speed and durability as it is strength, it could be argued.
    Probably yes. There's also Surfer fighting Krosakis who had Gladiator's power+Uni power but I don't think it was a physical fight.

I am more confused than before as to whom is the strongest. Can anyone do a listing with the names in order of strongest to weakest?