Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I would like to see them have a good story arc where they work together on solving a crime or defeating a certain mystery villian. My idea would be for MJ to get a job somewhere with something shady going on which she eventually can't ignore and investigates whats going on. Then as Spider-man Peter will also have some type of unsovled crimes he is investigating. This leads them to each tackle the issue from their own sides and then eventually the worlds collide where they can work together to solve the crime and/or defeat the villian. Basically, I'd like to see an arc where teamwork is involved between the two, without forcing MJ to be a journalist or to be a super hero to accomplish that.

Beyond that I would like to see OMD revisted where at the very least they can discover what happened. I just really dislike the reality wipe so having the marriage accknowlegd as something that happened again in continuity would be great.
    You may get your wish in issue 25 of Amazing. It's solicited as having a team-up with Peter and MJ teaming up against the new Electro.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I’m pretty sure they’ve already had sex by now.
    Look, I am not joking around here.

It is great to see Peter and Mary Jane back together, but Peter Parker, to me, has been the all-around wholesome apple-cheeked boy scout, while not perfect, strives to do what is right. As far as I know, he does not drink, and until 2007, never been the bedding with women pre-marriage type.

Yes, I know, he may have, very suggested, a "tryst" behind Ned's back in 1979 with Betty Brant, or "played around" with Black Cat, 1984-1985, but those are off-between-panels "leave it to imagination, whether you choose to believe that" deals.

Was not until beginning around the 1987 Spectacular Spider-Man Annual, as far as I know, Peter has began "exploring" with woman, and why not, he was married!

As an awkward nerd myself, all through my youth, time and again picking up Spider-Man throughout the 90s and 00s, I'd imagined that was the dream; lounging around at home with bombshell wife in her lingerie. And I knew, that comes with marriage, total consumation, with the comforts of enjoyment of company of one another's skin. Not before, not attempting to eat cake before earning it.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-28-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Isn’t it possible that he just did it to be dickish? I think you’re putting more thought into the story then the writers did?
    He's a Satan stand-in who gets his jollies making others suffer. In-universe I highly doubt he just did it to be dickish that seems beneath him.

I do agree with you the writers or more exactly Big Joe didn't put much thought into the story lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Peter Parker DOES NOT ****.
    Baby May says hi.

I would like to see MJ go back to college and finish her psychology major

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Peter Parker DOES NOT ****.
    Well of course he doesn't.

He makes love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well of course he doesn't.

He makes love.
    Until he got married Peter had sexual relationships with MJ and Felicia. MJ was the girl who made Peter a Spider-Man at the end of ASM #149. Post OMD Peter has been exceptionally busy with Charlie, Felicia again who is friends with benefits, Silk, Gonzales, Lian, mockingbird. All that in comic book time being less than a year. So he has become a Casanova type certainly. Certainly has had more action than Harry and Flash at any rate.

Of course MJ is special. Her and Peter sexing each other all the time was a big part of Spider-Island after all.

Anyway Peter Parker is s co creation of a secular non practicing Jew and an atheist. Stan Lee was quite deliberate about Peter having a secular non denominational civil wedding where the word god isn't mentioned. Spider-Man in not to meant to reflect any single belief's moral values.

Divorce Court!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Divorce Court!
    Already happened in Into the Spider-Verse, end of that movie showed they patched up, so their love has survived even that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Looking at older threads, I noticed a lot of discussion about bringing back the marriage, and One More Day, most of which predated the reconciliation between Peter and MJ in Spencer and Ottley's first issue?

So, it may be time to have that discussion. What should happen next?

Should they stay together in the foreseeable future the way they are now? Should they remember One More Day, and/or get married again? Should they have a kid/ learn that Baby May is alive? Should they break up?

My preference would be to keep them together, but to give them some conflicts and to shake up the status quo (IE- MJ gets an offer to join the ensemble of a hit show that films in another continent.)

What do you guys want to see next?
    dating I guess, but I'm not hung up on the marriage aspect. inevitably the expectation is children, then potential kidnap themes, more mary jane as damsel to save again and again and again--
    not really feeling that.

give MJ a new career. going back to supermodel after you've been a business manager of some kind (Stark affiliation) would be kind of odd--

I'd like to see her as an NYC based entertainment reporter. Red carpets, celebrity interviews, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    dating I guess, but I'm not hung up on the marriage aspect. inevitably the expectation is children, then potential kidnap themes, more mary jane as damsel to save again and again and again--
    not really feeling that.
    Good thing MJ's rarely been that

Amazing Member

I love the fact they are together again, but I'm also worried that MJ is becoming the bad trope she was in the 80s, the sitting by the window waiting for Peter. Even though the execution was weird and a little I actually liked the idea of her running Stark Industries as it showed MJ with some growth. Perhaps the way forward is Peter and MJ starting a tech startup with MJ running the day to day operation of the company and Peter supporting how he could. You could still have down on his luck Parker as the two struggle to make their business work while also managing their relationship through it all.

Quote Originally Posted by nx74205 View Post
    I love the fact they are together again, but I'm also worried that MJ is becoming the bad trope she was in the 80s, the sitting by the window waiting for Peter.
    I get the feeling Spencer is intentionally playing into this. Not sure where it's going yet, but I think he's acutely aware of what he's invoking there.

Even though the execution was weird and a little I actually liked the idea of her running Stark Industries as it showed MJ with some growth.
    It's not growth, it's random change and arbitrarily assigning new character traits.

Quote Originally Posted by nx74205 View Post
    I love the fact they are together again, but I'm also worried that MJ is becoming the bad trope she was in the 80s, the sitting by the window waiting for Peter....
    This is my fear as well. They should seriously empower MJ (as in RYV) or else give her an otherwise more proactive role in Spider-Man's world (see the PS4 game or Into the Spiderverse movie). Right now she comes across as pretty useless and more of a liability (just another person on the sidelines Peters needs to protect) than anything else in all honesty.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Baby May says hi.
    Which came from marriage.