Page 395 of 432 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think every one should tweet not just Hickman, but to White and other executives at Disney/Marvel. This is the 21st century and there was no reason to turn such a powerful woman into her 60s or 70s depiction.

With that said I do think they are slowly listening to fans. Jean going against QC and deciding to fight to
    Save her son and her friends is still huge and better than just sitting on the council doing nothing. She’s going to co lead the X-Men with Scott. I can wait till she gets out of that tacky green dress and becomes Phoenix.
    I don't really like what hickmann does with Jean. But I also wouldn't want to interfere with his creativity. If he was doing it with all the women ... And Twitter is Hiroshima and Nagasaki's own bomb

I'm confused it was JEan who was pretty much leading with cyclops following up behind her. In the space station in cable Jean got the moment where she got the information using her telepathy. In Xos JEan didn't say much because she already made her choice and if scott wanted to be wordly who was she to cut him off as she was "waiting on him." also, cyclops telling the xmen they have a choice before handing it over to jean is hardly a plan. Jean saying to me my xmen and leading them is no different than Xavier telepathically telling Scott what to do while he lead the xmen except this was like watching the Luke and Laura of comics working in perfect tandem .

I also don't get the skirt thing, Women choose to wear skirts and dresses to big or too small for them all the time if they want to wear it thats there right. Who are we to shame women by trying to tell them whats right for them to wear or not. Or what kind of clothing means they have regressed. IMO Hickman has been a godsend for Jean and has reset the character to give her a proper trajectory a rise on her own. He has given Jean agency something that was always taken away by outside agencies. More than anyone in dox jean is making her own choices.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-28-2020 at 05:45 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    For me, Jean Grey's depiction so far is very much sexist. I don't care how Hickman is in private. Moria does not really exist besides being a plot device. All other women he writes well seem to be exactly the same person (Frost, M, and this blonde otherworld lady).

It seems to be a comic book run structured around a boys club.
    I think that most people noticed that he has a archetype for female characters. Even Sway and Petra got the same personality.
    Moira was a really smart person, now we know she is smart beause she doesn't forget what she learn from other lives.

I also don't really understand the motivation of making Jean Grey predominantly the supportive woman on Cyclops side without even giving those characters a explicit dialogue how they have managed to overcome their marriage problems of the past (besides the lazy motivation of being a family unit for their kids!). Morrison already developed Jean as the new leader of the X-Men taking over the school for Prof. X and suddenly she is again regressed into mainly being the supportive wife of her husband and her family is the only thing that truly matters to her. That's so off and random. "Let's save our son!!" "my husband is right!!" are the only things Jean is able to say.

But I guess that's how straight cis men see the world and women in it......I wished we could send Hickman some books to read. )
    People complain (with some good reason) that Rache isn't interacting much with family. That i because she is a adut that does her own things.
    They made Cable a teen and complete incon,petent to force interactions with Jean and Scott. I think they are very boring in this fake happy family set up
    Last edited by baxer; 11-28-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    People complain (with some good reason) that Rache isn't interacting much with family. That i because she is a adut that does her own things.
    They made Cable a teen and complete incon,petent to force interactions with Jean and Scott. I think they are very boring in this fake happy family set up
    nobody ever ask for a teenage version of Cable!! And it really does not make sense that every X-Men just accepts this random guy who just killed the older version of him as if this was not the character everybody knew and spend time with for many years. wtf? Hickman really only made teenage Cable suddenly even more immature and child-like, so he needs a mom to take care of him.

I think the greatest thing about the former summers family dynamic was that Cable came from the future and was older than his own parents in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I also don't get the skirt thing, Women choose to wear skirts and dresses to big or too small for them all the time if they want to wear it thats there right. Who are we to shame women by trying to tell them whats right for them to wear or not. Or what kind of clothing means they have regressed..
    She doesn’t wear any kind of mini-skirt. She wears exactly the same mini-skirt (and mask) she wore when she was a teenager/young girl.
    You can say it doesn’t mean anything, but still I find it… unnerving.
    It’s not a woman that chooses a dress, it’s a man that chooses a piece of clothing for a woman.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

nobody ever ask for a teenage version of Cable!! And it really does not make sense that every X-Men just accepts this random guy who just killed the older version of him as if this was not the character everybody knew and spend time with for many years. wtf? Hickman really only made teenage Cable suddenly even more immature and child-like, so he needs a mom to take care of him.

I think the greatest thing about the former summers family dynamic was that Cable came from the future and was older than his own parents in the past.
    The fun thing is that Cable and Rachel were already adults.

I didn't mind the teenage on the beggining because he was at least badass, but then he was all dumbed down on Krakoa era, it became almost unreadable.
    Now they are regressing characters to make the dynamic Hickman wants

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    She doesn’t wear any kind of mini-skirt. She wears exactly the same mini-skirt (and mask) she wore when she was a teenager/young girl.
    You can say it doesn’t mean anything, but still I find it… unnerving.
    It’s not a woman that chooses a dress, it’s a man that chooses a piece of clothing for a woman.
    Thank you! Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    The fun thing is that Cable and Rachel were already adults.

I didn't mind the teenage on the beggining because he was at least badass, but then he was all dumbed down on Krakoa era, it became almost unreadable.
    Now they are regressing characters to make the dynamic Hickman wants
    Yes, and he was only dumbed down so he would pull Jean Grey down with him in order to transform her into "mommy Jeanny" newly obsessed with her nuclear family unit. Jean already has a family with the X-Men!! No need to get all obsessed about her son and husband (Rachel who? lol).
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-28-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Honestly, this image shows so much of Jean's current phase

marvel-x-men-reboot-house-of-x-powers-of-x-hoxpox.jpg

The interesting thing is that Hickman can demonstrate when he doesn't like something.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And constantly whining on a message board somehow is more productive?

Don’t get me wrong, there’s plenty I don’t like about Jean Frey in Hickman’s run. No nees to repeat myself.
    No it's very much not productive either. And VERY repetitive.

BANNED

teasers.jpg

Since Jean (and Scott) has been featured prominently in the promo artwork for Reign of X. Hopefully this will mean that she will get more page time in the next phase

BANNED

See... At this point there should be a Sinister "unsanctioned" glitch in the Resurrection Protocols where an unexpected Madelyne Pryor comes into being on Krakoa.
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-28-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    teasers.jpg

Since Jean (and Scott) has been featured prominently in the promo artwork for Reign of X. Hopefully this will mean that she will get more page time in the next phase
    I'm honestly more worried about Aaron (specifically his use of the Phoenix) than I am about Hickman just yet when it comes to Jean's role here. Didn't Hickman hint early on that the reason she's wearing her dumb Marvel Girl outfit again was because of the "last time she wore it," implying DPS? Then we have the hints that the Phoenix will play a part with whatever's going on with the Phalanx/Dominion stuff, and now she's going into Shi'ar space with Scott. Since Hickman maps everything out I doubt all of this will be a coincidence, but I worry whatever Aaron is doing with the Phoenix will supersede him.

Unless, like I said earlier, Marvel editorial is gonna be pretty lax on it and we can just have Jean in possession of the Phoenix with nothing more than a passive aggressive comment on why (let's assume) Jane Foster can't have it any more.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

These arguments always fall flat IMO because Jean isn't just sitting around with her family. It's been said ad nauseum, but Jean helped establish a key rule on Krakoa, helped form X-Force, was responsible for restoring Xavier, and dealt with Terra Verde.

I get people not liking the family elements but they are hardly all there is to Jean. So when you sit here and hyper focus on that one element, and act as if nothing else has happened, it doesn't really have a lot of merit.

Hopefully, whatever book Jean's land in next will lead to more exciting things for her.

Is this the most negative thread on the forum?