Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Terminator: Dark Fate

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCyEX6u-Yhs

I'm sure fans are still gonna complain like the last 3 but it looks pretty good.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCyEX6u-Yhs

I'm sure fans are still gonna complain like the last 3 but it looks pretty good.
    It looks inoffensive, like a competent cash-in sequel. At this point, I dunno if that's enough.

(Random note, I actually liked Salvation)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    It looks inoffensive, like a competent cash-in sequel. At this point, I dunno if that's enough.

So did I, lol but I also like SAM Worthington but I know alot of people cant stand his acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post

Ugh double post

I wonder why the dislikes are so high? It hasn't eclipsed the likes, but...they are oddly (IMO) high.

My first thought regarding Grace was she's some version of the I-950, but she's probably more akin to Marcus Wright from Terminator: Salvation.

Thought T3 was a travesty, liked Salvation, never bothered to see Genisys.

... so want to see this! Is that wrong??
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Thought T3 was a travesty, liked Salvation, never bothered to see Genisys.

... so want to see this! Is that wrong??
    I just want a good sequel other than T2 so I can have a sort of de facto trilogy. This one might come the closest I suppose.

Re: Salvation: I remember reading the script before I saw the movie. Seems the entire point of Marcus Wright was to be John Connor (real John Connor gets killed, Sarah Brewster grafts his face onto Marcus's who then takes his identity). But apparently the studio/producers/someone got cold feet so we got that...heart transplant scene instead.

I think the fear was fans would rebel finding out the mythic John Connor who sent Kyle back wasn't "our" John Connor from the T2 movie...but then they went in the complete opposite direction by making John the villain in Terminator Genisys. And now he's not in this movie at all apparently.

It just seems like someone somewhere decided John was the problem that needed to be worked around.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I wonder why the dislikes are so high? It hasn't eclipsed the likes, but...they are oddly (IMO) high.

My first thought regarding Grace was she's some version of the I-950, but she's probably more akin to Marcus Wright from Terminator: Salvation.
    Probably because of the female heavy trailer and marketing (anything female seems to trigger a select group of people on youtube). That plus it looks like a whole lot of what we've seen before.

Can't wait to see the lgbt-1000
    - That's one of the most liked comments on the video. Plus other anti-feminism rants.

That being said, the trailer looked....fine. To me, none of the past Terminator movies (from T3 down) have been terrible messes, it's just the constant time travel shenanigans and Terminator/human fights and car chases has become very repetitive.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-24-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Other than some curiosity about Linda Hamilton's return I see nothing to get excited about here. That said I liked Salvation and thought Genysis was okay. I even enjoyed T3 well enough as a popcorn flick. So I'll probably see it but I'm not expecting much.

Now that Game of Thrones is over I'd much rather see Lena Headey and the rest of the cast return for a 2 hr special to give some closure to the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

The only thing I'm not to found of is getting yet another version of the T1000 we've had a version of the T1000 in 3 out 5 movies time for something new.

Ultimate Member

The only thing I'm not to found of is getting yet another version of the T1000 we've had a version of the T1000 in 3 out 5 movies time for something new.
    Exactly.

It's like we're basically seeing different versions of the same story over and over again.

If they had new ideas they would make that instead of churning out another diminishing returns Terminator film to dupe people out of their cash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    If they had new ideas they would make that instead of churning out another diminishing returns Terminator film to dupe people out of their cash.
    Well, do you have a better business plan for Hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Well, do you have a better business plan for Hollywood?
    Invest in Bitcoin.

Astonishing Member

I was pumped for that movie.

When i saw Linda Hamilton in the trailer, i was like wow, her look is just badass. I waited for Arnie to pop up, and he did, but it seems he plays a minor role, thats what disappoints me.