Page 436 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536936 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What are the Cass spoilers?
    spoilers:
    She's a homeless kid that gets her hands on a diamond Black Mask is after and swallows it in a panic, which leads to Black Mask putting a bounty on her. Harley goes after her and captures her, getting into conflict with the Birds, before her conscience gets to her and decides to protect/rescue her.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If its true, is clark going to be part of it or will it be jon,kara or conner? If this is true this is the most exciting thing i will be looking forward to.
    Probably would be Clark, they tend to go with the “iconic” versions for adaptions. But who knows this has to be pretty early in development if it’s real.

Do you think a Kingdom Come miniseries would be a big hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    If done right, absolutely.

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) will be rated "R" for theatrical release. Only fitting as the Harley Quinn animated series is very mature in content.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Booster and Batgirl movie have been talked about for a while, but nothing's seem to come of it.

I think a Justice League Dark film is more likely then a Zatanna solo film, as much as I would prefer the latter.
    Probably just as well a Batgirl movie hasn't been released yet. With Commissioner Gordon now being played by and African-American actor it would be weird if Barbara Gordon had been played by a white actress.
    Now if they do make a Batgirl movie they are sort of required to cast an African-American actress as Batgirl, assuming that Batgirl is Barbara Gordon and is the biological daughter of James Gordon. Might also
    be why Batgirl isn't in Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn). They don't want to mess it up for future appearances of Batgirl.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

When do we get our first picture of the Suicide Squad in costume??

Also I never believed to actually get a Blackhawks movie by Spielberg. Sounds far too interesting. I believe we get a Flash movie when I have watched the first trailer. Sometimes it feels like they just write letters on a blackboard and watch what gets the most hype

Do you think the Legion of Super-Heroes show would race-bend certain members of the cast?

Mainly curious. I'm not saying I necessarily support it, I usually want to keep characters recognizable, but I'm not against it either. The original Legion has a very large cast and is very, very white. This owes itself to the time the comic was made, however that might be problematic if translated to screen exactly in today's world. Plus, given their relative obscurity, I don't imagine much issue being raised with it.

Bendis already looks to be doing this, so the blueprint is there.

Retired

I'm not so upset with "race bending" the Legion (am I the only one who finds that a weird term?), since for me I don't consider all the offworld Legionnaires to be what we culturally define as a race. They can look different, for the most part, and if it saves on the budget not to do weird make-up and prosthetics, then that's okay, too. My problem with the look of the current facsimile of the comic book Legion is something completely different. It's change for the sake of change, since a lot of characters that are the same skin colour as they were before are nevertheless made to look different. But don't get me started, because I could pick out each one of them and go off on what I hate about their new look--and you don't want that.

Like I said, it's not something I'm totally demanding. I'm not a stickler for that stuff. It's just that I could see why they would do it when marketing this show to a wide audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) will be rated "R" for theatrical release. Only fitting as the Harley Quinn animated series is very mature in content.

Probably just as well a Batgirl movie hasn't been released yet. With Commissioner Gordon now being played by and African-American actor it would be weird if Barbara Gordon had been played by a white actress.
    Now if they do make a Batgirl movie they are sort of required to cast an African-American actress as Batgirl, assuming that Batgirl is Barbara Gordon and is the biological daughter of James Gordon. Might also
    be why Batgirl isn't in Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn). They don't want to mess it up for future appearances of Batgirl.
    You're assuming though that Batgirl would share continuity with Batman - which is kind of an unknown since Batman is a reboot despite WW, AM, and Shazam all sharing continuity with a different Batman. Add in JOKER with a third separate continuity and things become even less clear. Whether Batgirl is white or black may depend on which current DC film-verse or continuity they go with. Bat there's no clue as to whether or not the Babs we get in The Batman will be the same we get in Batgirl.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    spoilers:
    She's a homeless kid that gets her hands on a diamond Black Mask is after and swallows it in a panic, which leads to Black Mask putting a bounty on her. Harley goes after her and captures her, getting into conflict with the Birds, before her conscience gets to her and decides to protect/rescue her.
    end of spoilers
    Yikes. That sounds really bad.
    I wouldn't even have called her Cass at all.

Would they bring back Brandon Routh's Superman? It would be pretty awesome if they did.
    Do you think the Legion of Super-Heroes show would race-bend certain members of the cast?

Mainly curious. I'm not saying I necessarily support it, I usually want to keep characters recognizable, but I'm not against it either. The original Legion has a very large cast and is very, very white. This owes itself to the time the comic was made, however that might be problematic if translated to screen exactly in today's world. Plus, given their relative obscurity, I don't imagine much issue being raised with it.

I'd rather they not take too much inspiration from Bendis' take, even if I'm not against a diverse Legion.

There would probably be some race changes since the Legion is majority white. I doubt they’d use Bendis Legion anymore than Gunn used Bendis GOTG. They’d use the iconic stories, the Giffen Legion, Silver Age Legion, maybe some of Johns Legion as well.

Retired

If I'm identifying those characters in that Legion pic correctly, there are only two actually Caucasian characters in the bunch--Gim Allon (who is Jewish) and Chuck Taine. The rest are aliens--with Superboy being half-Kryptonian and half-Earthling. And even Chuck I think could be recast with an African-American (and would probably look more like the Bouncing Boy I love and remember rather than that weird guy in the pic).

If there's a load of computer effects on them, then it doesn't even matter the ethnicity of the actors, since they're likely not to look anything like themselves. Based on the CATS trailer I assumed that Francesca Hayward was white, because her character is a white cat--but I found out today that she's actually from Africa and a woman of colour. Unless you know the background of the actors playing them, you would not be able to guess what "race" most of the Guardians of the Galaxy belong to. These alien space operas give opportunities to diverse actors--but they don't actually win points for doing so, because they literally aren't playing visible minorities from Earth--they're aliens.

If they’re aliens that look human and they’re all white, the response will be the same.