Page 50 of 308 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I know she is, and I'm happy for that. But this gets so many thread drifts because that popularity apparently needs to get beaten into the ground. Thread drifts just quarantine discussions because of a supposed opportunity to give people free reign to criticize her. We can talk about her here because we like her, but if there's anything that actually makes her important? Yeah, here's a thread that acknowledges that importance… just so we can be scolded on how she really isn't.

Here's another variant to RYV for issue 1.
    103-2113242N.jpg

This website started posting the list of covers for RYV if anyone is interested btw.

EDIT: Damn, forgot the link lol
    http://classifiedfilesofasuperhero.b....html?spref=tw
    Last edited by Aruran.; 05-21-2015 at 11:29 AM.

BANNED

Wow, those pre-orders must totally be terrible if they had to commission another variant just to save this book's butt.

But let's be real, that cover is adorable.

BANNED

Lovely stuff.

Lol. They look terrified. That cover is cute!

BANNED

This thought occurred to me:

Even though Newsarama recently mis-reported that "two Spider-Men were confirmed post-Secret Wars", we already know a Peter is active as Spider-Man during the canonical post-SW story "Rage of Ultron", we just don't know which Peter it is. He is also severely injured during the course of that story. That may have put him out of action over the eight months that Marvel have already verified they will be skipping once Secret Wars is over, and in all that while Miles will probably be establishing himself and Peter can spend time with his family.

That way, and assuming the married Peter and his family are who carry over, Dan Slott can give Peter a break and then move him right back into superhero action and resume the 616 based plot-threads currently on hold, which, as indicated by Nick Lowe in his last Spider-Mandate interview, would have still occurred had Peter been married or not.

I'm being a realist and still expecting just Annie to carry over, but it's nice to dream like this if you are a fan of the marriage.
    Last edited by Loose Threads; 05-21-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Threads View Post
    This thought occurred to me:

Even though Newsarama recently mis-reported that "two Spider-Men were confirmed post-Secret Wars", we already know a Peter is active as Spider-Man during the canonical post-SW story "Rage of Ultron", we just don't know which Peter it is. He is also severely injured during the course of that story. That may have put him out of action over the eight months that Marvel have already verified they will be skipping once Secret Wars is over, and in all that while Miles will probably be establishing himself and Peter can spend time with his family.

That way, and assuming the married Peter and his family are who carry over, Dan Slott can give Peter a break and then move him right back into superhero action and resume the 616 based plot-threads currently on hold, which, as indicated by Nick Lowe in his last Spider-Mandate interview, would have still occurred had Peter been married or not.

I'm being a realist and still expecting just Annie to carry over, but it's nice to dream like this if you are a fan of the marriage.
    I would rather see this family remain in their own timeline. Let's get Eddie Brock Venom, Norman Osborn, Kingpin, and Dr. Octopus to 616....

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Here's another variant to RYV for issue 1.
    103-2113242N.jpg

This website started posting the list of covers for RYV if anyone is interested btw.

EDIT: Damn, forgot the link lol
    http://classifiedfilesofasuperhero.b....html?spref=tw
    That is such an insanely adorable cover. You can actually hear Annie make a "Ta-DA!" sound cue just by looking at it.

Grateful that someone is listing the variants. Someone should inform her about the Stegman variant for #2 though as she hasn't listed it yet. And though I'm usually not a big fan of Campbell's art, that FB sketch of MJ is ravishing!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    I know she is, and I'm happy for that. But this gets so many thread drifts because that popularity apparently needs to get beaten into the ground. Thread drifts just quarantine discussions because of a supposed opportunity to give people free reign to criticize her. We can talk about her here because we like her, but if there's anything that actually makes her important? Yeah, here's a thread that acknowledges that importance… just so we can be scolded on how she really isn't.
    Yeah! And the moon landing was faked too!

BANNED

We have top men looking into this.

Top. Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That is such an insanely adorable cover. You can actually hear Annie make a "Ta-DA!" sound cue just by looking at it.

Grateful that someone is listing the variants. Someone should inform her about the Stegman variant for #2 though as she hasn't listed it yet. And though I'm usually not a big fan of Campbell's art, that FB sketch of MJ is ravishing!

That is freaking gorgeous!

This List of "100 Best Comic Book Characters" was posted two months back on Paste Magazine's official site, and I noticed it today when it was posted on the X-Boards:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/l...cters.html?a=1

Anyways, MJ is listed at #64. She's the only major superhero love interest to make the list (That's right. No Lois Lane, Pepper Potts, Gwen Stacy or even CATWOMAN!) and also, the only Spidey supporting character on the list (Yup, Aunt May and J Jonah are snubbed too). The only Spider-Man characters ranked higher than MJ are Green Goblin (Norman) at #36 and Peter himself at #2. The Spider-characters ranked lower than MJ are Kraven at #66 and Venom at #70.

Other notable snubs on the list include:
    Doc Ock
    Cyclops
    Kitty Pryde
    Rogue & Gambit
    Spawn
    Punisher
    Black Widow
    Mystique
    Every Batman villain who's not Joker/Bane
    Every Guardian of the Galaxy
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-23-2015 at 05:12 AM.

MJ cosplayer modelling Spider-Gwen inspired hoodie from the new Spider-Gwen collection from WeLoveFine:

Click here to view and purchase the rest of the collection: http://www.welovefine.com/content/fe...content_id=238

BANNED

That's pretty cool, and it'll probably get tumblr wondering whether or not "Em Jay" will become Gwen's sidekick down the line (I'd strike while the iron is hot)

BANNED

You know, if love to see where spider-Jane would be like in an teenage timeline. I'd think it'd be interesting to tie into a childhood abuse.