Page 510 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 104104605005065075085095105115125135145205606101010 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It’s possible he has insanely good insurance. It’s more likely a super high deductible or HSA plan where the costs are backended. That said this is most likely a combo of him misunderstanding Sanders plan and him not having a comprehensive depiction of his health insurance. He’ll be paying at most high 2000’s. So he’s likely breaking even once all other costs are accounted for.

His worst case scenario is maybe he’s paying a few 100 more when it’s all said and done. I would call that punishment if the trade off is literally everyone who is dying gets covered
    I was just going to ask if you think there is a possibility middle class people may see an increase. Personally, due to the good coverage we have and total lack of health costs for being sick, that I expect to have my costs go up. But I also expect over time as my family gets older, that these costs will be more than offset.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    That's a singular proposal, Also. His average rating on his Website says you'd pay no more than 5% more of your current tax bracket.

I get it though. You guys hate him. Good thing when he's your POTUS, he'll still look out for ya.
    Asking about someone's official policies does not mean that you hate them.

What threatens you so much about people wanting to know how much it will cost to pay for his programs?

People have the right to ask how much their taxes will be raised, and how that will effect his campaign in the general election.

Realistically speaking, people are obligated to do so if they want to make an informed decision regarding who they vote for.

It says a lot that many of you claiming to support him can't even answer basic questions about his budget plans.

------
    "When Sanders introduced Medicare for All on Capitol Hill this year, he also released a document listing potential ways to pay for the plan. These include raising taxes on top earners and imposing a wealth tax for the richest Americans, as well as a 4% tax on Americans earning over $29,000 and a new tax on employers.

But those were characterized as "options." The question is which ones he would want to institute, and how big the price tag is that those taxes will be covering."

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/29/77439...dicare-for-all
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-11-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I was just going to ask if you think there is a possibility middle class people may see an increase. Personally, due to the good coverage we have and total lack of health costs for being sick, that I expect to have my costs go up. But I also expect over time as my family gets older, that these costs will be more than offset.
    It really depends on how much you/family make in income tax calculated against a percentage increase (once the model is settled) and then vs whatever your insurance cost plus your premiums/copays/deductibles/variable cost. For the majority of the middle class it’s the same or better. When you get older it will get better definitely. It also offsets variables like losing your job or having plans changed up

This is not a nation of laws.

Justice Dept. to reduce sentencing recommendation for Trump associate Roger Stone, official says, after president calls it ‘unfair’

The Justice Department plans to reduce its sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone, a longtime confidant of President Trump, after top officials professed to be blindsided by the seven-to-nine year penalty prosecutors urged a judge to impose, a senior Justice Department official said Tuesday.

In a stunning rebuke of career prosecutors that will surely raise questions about political interference in the case, a senior Justice Department official said the department “was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation in the Roger Stone case last night.”

BANNED

"..a third place finish for Amy would be stronger and more important than a first place finish for Bernie." -
    @MSNBC
    pundit

Lol. The Media is a joke... https://twitter.com/daviddoel/status...67255525765120

Extraordinary Member

"..a third place finish for Amy would be stronger and more important than a first place finish for Bernie." -
    @MSNBC
    pundit

Lol. The Media is a joke... https://twitter.com/daviddoel/status...67255525765120
    MSNBC is dying a death today. They just interviewed an elderly woman who said “I think all the candidates are wonderful and I was undecided, but MSNBC attacking Sanders pushed me to vote for him”

Astonishing Member

@MSNBC
    pundit

I like how the video cuts off before she finishes what she's saying. Typical Bernie Bro manipulation.

@MSNBC
    pundit

If Bernie does not win big today, it's almost like a loss. This is NH we're talking about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    If Bernie does not win big today, it's almost like a loss. This is NH we're talking about.
    lol someone’s upset and moving the goal posts. Meanwhile Biden already retreated to bright red South Carolina

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I would agree with that regarding a two-person race, but is it really true with a field this big?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

lol someone’s upset and moving the goal posts. Meanwhile Biden already retreated to bright red South Carolina
    Nobody is moving the goalpost. People are rightfully saying that Warren being in 4th place in her backyard would be a disaster for her campaign. Sanders beat Hillary 60.14% to 37.68% in 2016, and still lost to her in the end. If he only gets a single digit lead here this time, it's likely over for him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I would agree with that regarding a two-person race, but is it really true with a field this big?
    No it’s not. Warrens in this race too and she’s a Senator in a state bordering NH that NH is far more dependent on than Vermont

Extraordinary Member

Nobody is moving the goalpost. People are rightfully saying that Warren being in 4th place in her backyard would be a disaster for her campaign. Sanders beat Hillary 60.14% to 37.68% in 2016, and still lost to her in the end. If he only gets a single digit lead here this time, it's likely over for him.
    That’s terrible logic. Unlike last time the field is split far more so a smaller lead is still more proportionally impactful. Even the math doesn’t add up

Lightbulb

My NH prediction -

Sanders wins, Buttigieg comes in a too close for comfort (from Sanders' POV) second place, and from here it gets tricky. I think Biden edges out Warren if barely for third place, but things could easily go the other way around.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

That’s terrible logic. Unlike last time the field is split far more so a smaller lead is still more proportionally impactful. Even the math doesn’t add up
    Sanders wasn't leading national polls back in 2016 as he is now, either, IIRC.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?